Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to tractors with my 1023e. I am also a 58 yo woman. Now I am not using that as an excuse, because I have tons of tools and do most things around my place by myself. But I do not understand bushings. I installed an I match on my tractor and just got my Jakes Rake. It needs bushings because it fell off my I match. What do I want in a bushing ? They come in so many diameters and sizes, I am confused! Any information would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
So I'm new to tractors with my 1023e. I am also a 58 yo woman. Now I am not using that as an excuse, because I have tons of tools and do most things around my place by myself. But I do not understand bushings. I installed an I match on my tractor and just got my Jakes Rake. It needs bushings because it fell off my I match. What do I want in a bushing ? They come in so many diameters and sizes, I am confused! Any information would be appreciated.

Here is the bushings I get from my local JD dealer. Maybe a little more expensive, but I know they are going to work. You may still have to get a top bushing, but as best I remember the top bushing included will work. The bottom bushings have a roll pin included that you have to drive through the bushing and pin with a hammer to hold it in place. Make the picture bigger and you can see the part number.

If I can be of further help, let me know.

Dave

Bushings
iMatch bushings.jpg

Here is a picture of them on a brush hog that I sold so you can see how they fit.
brushhog1.jpg

·
Registered
748 Posts
........................ I do not understand bushings. I installed an I match on my tractor and just got my Jakes Rake. It needs bushings because it fell off my I match. What do I want in a bushing ? They come in so many diameters and sizes, I am confused! Any information would be appreciated.

Ranchhand, let me see if I can help you. I too am kind of new to this. I'll share what I've learned. Like you, I have a similar situation. I just bought a Speeco brand Quick Hitch for the back of my 1025R. The install was very straight forward, 3 pins and it's on.
z71.JPG

Attaching my JD ballast box was another matter. Not hard, I just needed a couple of things.

The standard size of the lower pins on my ballast box are 7/8" and the bushings that were included with my Speeco QH slip over the pins and are held on by roll pins, also called spring pins. They make the outside diameter 1 1/2". The right size to fit nicely in the lower hooks of the Speeco QH. The lower bushings look like this installed...
z1.JPG

That's half of what I needed... My Speeco QH came with no bushings to improve the fit of the top end of my ballast box. A trip to my local farm store solved my problems.

I picked up another top link pin, Cat 1, 3/4" x 2 3/4", a lynch pin, and a couple of bushings. Mine came in a 2-pack, but some places sell them individually.
z2.JPG

z3.JPG

DSCF9992.JPG

The bushings make the too small 3/4" diameter top link pin larger. The Cat 1-2 bushing takes it from 3/4" up to 1" outside diameter(OD). The Cat 2-3 bushing makes it 1-1/4" OD. The right size to fit in the top hook of the Speeco QH. The label is wrong on the Cat 1-2 package. The bushing is 1-15/16" long not the 1-5/16" it says.

When the pin and both bushings are installed in the pin hole of the ballast box, it looks like this...
z4.JPG

Think of the bushings as nothing more than spacers to improve the fit...
Any added cost to set up each implement with the right pins/bushings is easily off set by the huge convenience of back up, lift, latch and go.

I hope this helps.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ranchhand I would also recommend the extended bushings. I have a few sets from TSC. They were real handy getting my non JD tiller connected to my non JD imatch. There is a whole section of cat 1 pins and bushings at TSC, Rural King, etc.

·
Registered
618 Posts
This helped me too. I do not have an iMatch yet but have been eyeing them. Just don't have enough implements to justify the cost yet. Tiller, box blade, and brush hog all from different manufacturers and wasn't sure it would work well with an iMatch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts