Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, looking to get the work light set up before winter hits. I found the wires, but the ends are capped with a long rubber thing on each lead. Is this just a boot? Can it slide off? Or do I need to snip the wire off, just under the rubber? Kind of hoping that rubber covers a couple of pin type connectors, but if it doesn't ill just have to throw on some molex ones...

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
The rubber long thing is the connector that you tap into. They take the bullet style connectors. Here is a thread that may help. The two connectors shown in this thread are already connected.

Auxiliary Lights

You may have others on the machine that are already connected that you can look at.

Reactions: ky_shawn

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
So, looking to get the work light set up before winter hits. I found the wires, but the ends are capped with a long rubber thing on each lead. Is this just a boot? Can it slide off? Or do I need to snip the wire off, just under the rubber? Kind of hoping that rubber covers a couple of pin type connectors, but if it doesn't ill just have to throw on some molex ones...
Yes. It's just a boot.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Yes , as the others said , they are just caps . You should have one set on each side to tap into . I put one led worklight on the back so I only utilized one set . There are many of us who have done this mod . some wire through a switch to make it separate from the headlight switch . Make it work for you !:drinks:

·
Registered
386 Posts
One has a dummy male end and the other a dummy female end plugged in. The rubber cap is the way to pull the dummy plugs out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Also if you bought the JD lights there should be a splitter in the box if you want to install rear lights in the future you will plug them into the same place as the forward lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts