Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Green Product Wheel Wood

Green Motor vehicle Plant Grass Engineering

Ordered a Tar River 72” plow with hydraulics for my 2032 on Aug 1st. Finally arrived today. Still waiting on hydraulics, and was sent wrong cutting edge. Not the real issue right now.

The fit on the JDQA is terrible in my opinion. I was having trouble getting it to line up, but though it was just me on the icy driveway. When I got in the garage I noticed it seems poorly aligned.

The hooks seem to large, it doesn’t sit flat against loader, and the pins don’t slip into plow easily when connecting. Have to get off tractor and wiggle plow while in the air to make it fall into place. Actually, pins seem be slightly too high, causing loader arms to not seat into the hook fully. Hence the gap between loader bar and plow hook.

Anyone else have one? Or have an opinion? For $2500 I expected better.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
That's one of the worst JDQA fits I've ever seen, and those welds look like they were done by a tech school freshman class. If I had purchased that blade, it would be on its way back already. Tar River was supposed to be a class outfit. I guess not. $2500???? Bend over, Tar Rivers driving.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Nevermind the hooks…who the heck welded that thing!? High school welding class??

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
That's one of the worst JDQA fits I've ever seen, and those welds look like they were done by a tech school freshman class. If I had purchased that blade, it would be on its way back already. Tar River was supposed to be a class outfit. I guess not. $2500???? Bend over, Tar Rivers driving.
😂😂 I guess you type faster than me!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Hmmm
Green Font Plastic Transparency Handwriting

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
I just screenshotted that and was going to post the same... for posterity...
Green Gas Plastic Packing materials Machine

My welds look better or at least equal to than most of those... It'll likely hold, hope it wasn't too much money.

Edit: After looking at those welds more, I'd like to think I can do better... I'd be sending it back, that's not $2500... $1250? maybe..

·
Super Moderator
6,998 Posts
Ya know.... I'd looked at these Tar River plows for some time now and was about ready to pull the trigger on one...

Not no mo. I mean, I can weld better than that and I suck at welding. That's horrible.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
$2500? No FN way

·
Administrator
22,931 Posts
I did not know Tar River was made in China, that looks worse than some Titan stuff!

I'd return it, for that price you can get a Frontier plow.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It looks like they plowed that thing out of the Tar River and painted it green.

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
Looks worse than Titan. No way that's worth 2500. Send it back.

Edit- Had to add emphasis that this is the worst piece of welded up equipment I've ever seen on GTT or anywhere for that matter. Wayyyy worse than Titan.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Just an observation, it seems the part that attaches to the tractor is poorly built (looks like ray charles welded it up) but the stuff forward of the pivot looks pretty good. Maybe 🤷‍♂️ ? I still would return if possible One more thing, this reminds me of sulley bears comment about a poorly built item one time "cwose enuff, cwose enuff":) OP let us know how you make out if you contact the company, maybe if no return a significant refund.

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,802 Posts
Compact Tractor Attachments (CTA) made in Wisconsin. Excellent quality stuff, I own 3 pieces of their implements and the fit, finish and weld quality on the snow plow, the grapple and the snow pusher are extraordinary.

When I ordered the snow pusher in Mid November, I was told late December, Early January. Last week I received an email from the owner of CTA telling me that the Snow Pusher would ship to me on January 6th or 7th as the shoes he has been waiting for will arrive on January 4th or 5th. Everything about CTA is top drawer and their prices are very good. The link is here

Wood Rectangle Window Grass Natural material
Wood Rectangle Grass Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Rectangle Window Grass Natural material

·
Registered
286 Posts
Compact Tractor Attachments (CTA) made in Wisconsin. Excellent quality stuff, I own 3 pieces of their implements and the fit, finish and weld quality on the snow plow, the grapple and the snow pusher are extraordinary.

When I ordered the snow pusher in Mid November, I was told late December, Early January. Last week I received an email from the owner of CTA telling me that the Snow Pusher would ship to me on January 6th or 7th as the shoes he has been waiting for will arrive on January 4th or 5th. Everything about CTA is top drawer and their prices are very good. The link is here

View attachment 819008 View attachment 819007 View attachment 819008
Never heard of him or his company lives really close to me. Looks like excellent products he makes I’m going to inquire about a quick hitch front snow blade.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Never heard of him or his company lives really close to me. Looks like excellent products he makes I’m going to inquire about a quick hitch front snow blade.
Tell him you saw it on GTT! 😉👍

I sound like a marketer now.

·
Registered
X320, 3720 W/ 300cx loader, 5'ford 917 flail, CL 6' box blade, 64 massy 165
666 Posts
The first thing that caught my eye was the piss poor welds. My 14yr old could do better with her eyes closed. "Kind of like Ray Charles" Haha! Then I noticed the poor fit of the hooks on the JDQA. WOW that Is horrible.
For the price I'd expect a ton better than that mess.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went and looked at welds again. They are all starting to rust already. I will let everyone know how it goes as far as refund.

Deere dealer quoted me $4007 for frontier 72” with hydraulics. I about choked. Found a GWT video raving about Tar River, and a few other good reviews, so I went with a Tar River.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.