Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being all the Deere dealers close to me have closed up now, I know I am on my own as far as repairs (which I really don't mind).

Looking for the CD version TM2288CD or the paper version TM2288.

Before I go ahead and pay full price for one, I thought I would ask here if someone has one they don't need anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for that! I didn't know about a discount for the forum members. And with the discount it still qualifies for free shipping - great!

I will likely end up going that route as I am not too faithful with finding a used one.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bumping this up in case someone may have recently sold or traded a 2520 and might have a tech manual to sell.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumping this up again in hopes of still finding that elusive used manual preferring the paper version.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you ever find one?
No - and I never had much faith in finding one. I thought perhaps someone who was selling or upgrading their 2520/2720 might have one to sell but after a year now no luck.

I check on eBay once in a while also with no luck.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Being all the Deere dealers close to me have closed up now, I know I am on my own as far as repairs (which I really don't mind).

Looking for the CD version TM2288CD or the paper version TM2288.

Before I go ahead and pay full price for one, I thought I would ask here if someone has one they don't need anymore.
Pm sent to you coaltrain!! Found one for ya!!! http://centralmich.craigslist.org/grd/5594189396.html

·
Registered
448 Posts
Would you consider the downloadable .pdf manual? If JD has it available, (mine was, but that's a much older model than your's); it should be about half the cost of the printed version.

on edit: If you do get pdf manual, you can burn the manual to a thumb drive, and then take it to Office Max, Staples, places like that, and get them to print all of it, or selected pages. They will also bind it. Total cost doing it that way is about the same as the JD printed manual, but the advantage is that you can quickly look up what you want and view on the computer, or if the printed one gets too shop-worn, just take the chip back to the store, and have them print another one. :)

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would you consider the downloadable .pdf manual? If JD has it available, (mine was, but that's a much older model than your's); it should be about half the cost of the printed version.

on edit: If you do get pdf manual, you can burn the manual to a thumb drive, and then take it to Office Max, Staples, places like that, and get them to print all of it, or selected pages. They will also bind it. Total cost doing it that way is about the same as the JD printed manual, but the advantage is that you can quickly look up what you want and view on the computer, or if the printed one gets too shop-worn, just take the chip back to the store, and have them print another one. :)
I have considered this. In another thread somewhere this was suggested. I think one member said it cost ~$60 for the printing/binding. I just wonder if the .pdf will make sense on paper like that - if pages would be broken at the wrong place, index not working correctly......

I will likely end up doing just that. Luckily I haven't needed one yet but it is only a matter of time. So many things that need that $100 or so (and more) keep presenting themselves.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I have the engine and tech manuals as PDFs for my 318. They look just like the printed manual. I have also seen older parts manuals and what not turned into PDFs and it looks like a photo copy but the layout is still the same.

While reselling the intake this week I used the digital manuals on my iPad and also printed some of the pages.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have the complete service manual for my 4100, as a .pdf file. Pages look exactly as you would see in a printed manual, and all page breaks are spot on. Also, you can quickly search the table of contents, or the index, and it will take you right to where you want to be. WHen you are looking at a diagram or photo, you can zoom in (Ctrl + and out Ctrl -), to get more detail. I was amazed at home many times I could repeat this process, and the photo dies not pixilate or get grainy.

So those are advantages to the download manual. A fe times, when I was working on the front wheel drive gear box, I wanted to take a few printed pages out to the shop bench, for quick reference, so I printer those pages. When I was all finished with the project, I put them in a 3-ring binder, for future ref.

I may take the mem chip to Staples, just to see what they would charge to print and bind it. Don't know if they give a discount for quantity of pages, but I think my manual is 795 pages.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Stan,

I don't know if you are on TBN or not, but if you are, there is a guy that may be able to help you out with your search for a manual.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.