Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue w/my '98 Sabre 1538 hydro lawn tractor.It starts & runs ok,but when I let out the clutch,or attempt to engage blade,the engine shuts off.The machine seems fairly simple,I am an ASE master auto technician,but have no experience w/this thing.What should I be looking at?

· Administrator
25,305 Posts
Welcome to DT...

If it shuts off like your turned the key I would suspect one of the safety switches-the one on the seat is a common one that goes bad. You can test it with a ohm-meter. If it's bogging down then stopping it could be fuel related.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not fuel related

I have serviced the carb,it shuts off like keyyed off.Have bypassed seat switch.I only see the other 2 switches in the circuit & they seem to test ok when applied.Wondered if there was something in the trans or shifter itself that could cause that result.

· Administrator
25,305 Posts
I see 4 switches in the jdparts diagram:

#2-seat
#10-PTO
#19-brake
#24-ignition

#21 is a 15 amp fuse

Attachments

· Premium Member
337 Posts
Given the symptoms, I would start with the seat switch.

sent from the road

· Registered
2 Posts
I see 4 switches in the jdparts diagram:

#2-seat
#10-PTO
#19-brake
#24-ignition

#21 is a 15 amp fuse
Hey there i have a problem with the wiring of my 1996 sabre 1538 Hydro. I saw you postet years ago this picture and i was wondering if u have an electrical diagram for this tractor that u could post or send me. i would realy appiciated it.
Thanks a lot

Felix

· Registered
2 Posts
That diagram looks like it might have come from JD Parts

If you post what problem you are having I am sure someone can help. But it would probably be better to start a new thread with the details of your particular problem.
Thank u very much.
Well the Problem s that i got this tractor and the wiring is completly ****ed. i want to replace it by myself but since dont know how everything is properly conected i am looking for a electric digram to fix it.

· Registered
777 Posts
This is the link to the electrical components:
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/69199/referrer/navigation/pgId/315020091

Looks like there is not a lot, ie it is a very simple system.

TM1769 looks like it is the manual for your machine. Deere was about $100 for it. You might be able to find a used one in eBay. The TSM likely has a schematic in it, which is necessary for more complicated machines (but I would consider optional for something as simple as this one).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.