Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own a technical service manual for their tractor ? I was wanting to know what kind of information was in them.
Do they give instructions on have to take things apart and torque specs. ?
I seen cd's for sale on e-bay and was looking to find something to give me more information on servicing my tractor.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
I always buy the tech services manual. When I bought my 420 in 92 I bought the tech manual and when I inherited my grandfathers 67 model 1020 I ordered one They have all kinds of info has far has service procedures. When I bought my 1025 this July part of the deal was the tech manual and part manual. I prefer the printed copies but on my new tractor I also ordered the CD-ROM version. I feel a good investment. :good2:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I seen in description that their are over 1,000 pages on the CD. I found a parts manual for my tractor so their will not be any return trips to dealer to return wrong part. Also help when looking things up on-line too. I prefer to do things on my time , I don't make a living at it , but the end result I usually save a few bucks this way. And the job is done to my standard of completion. ( very picky about how things look )

·
Administrator
17,496 Posts
The tech manuals are fantastic for sure, but the ones on eBay are usually bootleg copies and not that much cheaper than the real ones from vendors like Green Farm Parts.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
I have the CD for my 1026R tech manual. Then I copied the .pdf file onto my computer for the shop, my computer for the house, and I put a copy on my cloud drive so I can access it from my mobile devices if needed. I've used it a few times and feel it has paid for itself.

With all those electronic copies I still want a paper copy and intend to print one some day and put it into a binder for the shop.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Have the technical manual for my 955. Bought it from Deere as they were the same price as the ones on eBay. And the Deere version is for my serial number.

As far as parts I use the JD parts. Can look everything up online, add it to my cart and order it. When it comes into my dealers they give me a call. Easy peasy. The parts guy there tells me why can't everyone be like you. It's so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
For anyone looking to do any work on or just learn about their machine, a technical service manual is well worth the money and highly recommended. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
21,940 Posts
The tech manuals are fantastic for sure, but the ones on eBay are usually bootleg copies and not that much cheaper than the real ones from vendors like Green Farm Parts.
I second this. Just buy it at GFP or your local dealer.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I second this. Just buy it at GFP or your local dealer.

RandyM speaks the truth, I bought the CD's and they contain enough detail to disassemble your machine in to a million parts and then put it back together. Highly recommend if you're a DIY'er.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have the CD for my 1026R tech manual. Then I copied the .pdf file onto my computer for the shop, my computer for the house, and I put a copy on my cloud drive so I can access it from my mobile devices if needed. I've used it a few times and feel it has paid for itself.

With all those electronic copies I still want a paper copy and intend to print one some day and put it into a binder for the shop.
THIS^^^^^^^^

My 5055e has 2 manuals--a Repair Manual and a Diagnostic Manual. They are both equally important but I seem to get more use from the diagnostic manual. I bought them both on Deere.com in CD form and saved them to every computer I own plus a couple backup removeable hard drives. When working on a particular problem I print out only the pages that apply and put them in a small binder for actual use in the shop. If I get grease/oil all over it I just print out another copy. As for the parts manual---I figured out how to save the drawings/parts lists off the website and have them saved as well for the times when I can't get the internet.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all the replies!!
I went to dealer this morning to pick up a few filters that were not in the kit. I checked on a technical manual from dealer and he was $20 cheaper than e-bay. I have a CD coming now, 3-7 weeks for delivery.

·
Administrator
17,496 Posts
Thank you for all the replies!!
I went to dealer this morning to pick up a few filters that were not in the kit. I checked on a technical manual from dealer and he was $20 cheaper than e-bay. I have a CD coming now, 3-7 weeks for delivery.
Wow, how about that!
Unfortunately eBay is not the place for great deals anymore like it once was-you really have to do your homework.

·
Premium Member
7,433 Posts

That's pretty much what I've done. The paper copy gets messy, while the digital copy stays clean.

Wow, how about that!
Unfortunately eBay is not the place for great deals anymore like it once was-you really have to do your homework.
That's an understatement.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Does anyone know if the CD Technical Service Manual for the 4044/4052/4066 tractors are in a single .pdf file or are they organized like the JD on-line operators manual/parts manual (which makes it hard to 'flip' thru pages)?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the one for the 42/43/4400 tractors. It came on a CD; the CD has one large PDF file. Some of the best money I've spent on the tractor. The diagnostics have saved me money since they lead to the root cause, not just the symptoms. It has excellent diagrams and pictures, along with all the necessary specs.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I have the one for the 42/43/4400 tractors.
This is an old thread that was resurrected by the Spammer who posted prior to you. (That post has since been removed.) He's been jumping all over the site placing links to his shady website with his counterfeit service manual CDs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts