Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
17,497 Posts
Most guys bolt on a "toothbar" to help with digging-and its sure does that! It also reinforces the cutting edge otherwise your likely to bow your bucket from just having teeth welded on.

Here are two of the most popular options, and a search of the term "toothbar" will turn up a lot of great reading also.

Piranah Tooth Bar

Tooth Bars TB, STB, and ITB

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,629 Posts
Back blading would be my concern.

·
Corndog Hater
11,464 Posts
Wouldn't be without a bolt on toothbar. I have the WR Long toothbar and am very happy with it. The teeth sit above the bucket's edge which still allows for smoothing with the flat bottom of the bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
I really like my Piranha for digging and clearing. It's design cuts and grabs to pull out small brush and trees. For digging only, one like the WR Long may be better, but it can't personally recommend one over the other. I just know I like the one I have.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a HD bucket with the replacement edge installed does the tooth bar go over both edges? or would i have to remove the straight replacement edge?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I love my Piranha as well. Tough as nails and works very good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I built my tooth bar and its holding up great, besides the paint that is. I wouldnt be without it now that I have it. If I had 2 buckets, I would have no problem welding shanks right to the bucket, but they are not good for back dragging, not the setup I have anyway, so I would want a bucket with a smooth edege as well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I also have a Piranha bar that I'd hate to do without...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Though I won't go near the water, I love my Piranha tooth bar! Right now it's picking up piled cordwood and carrying it to the stacks. Handling cut/split wood is far easier than just the flat cutting edge. I also seem to get pretty good results levelling and backblading...

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a HD bucket with the replacement edge installed does the tooth bar go over both edges? or would i have to remove the straight replacement edge?
Check with your dealer but I'm sure it has to come off. I've never seen the bolt on replacement cutting edge but do have a JD toothbar on my HD bucket and it fits snug on the bucket's heavy cutting edge.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Love my local tooth Bar

I bought my piranha bar with idea that if I wanted to, I could remove it if I had to. After only 35 hours on the clock, I have not wanted to use the loader without it. Yes I did cringe at the idea of drilling 2 holes in that brand new bucket. But that did make it oh so much easier to drill 4 more holes for Ken's indispensable Hook and Clevis combo in that very same bucket. As I grow older, I slowly have learn that there are things that must be done, even if it scratches the green paint. As my grandson says it makes the dig dig, DIG :laugh:

·
Registered
144 Posts
thanks PADave i found it on the deere site as well. its says you have to remove the replaceable edge if you have one.

JG

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most guys bolt on a "toothbar" to help with digging-and its sure does that! It also reinforces the cutting edge otherwise your likely to bow your bucket from just having teeth welded on.

Here are two of the most popular options, and a search of the term "toothbar" will turn up a lot of great reading also.

Piranah Tooth Bar

Tooth Bars TB, STB, and ITB
I was thinking of the bowing but if I weld a diamond under every tooth I should be good I was thinking?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts