Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, and just in time for the heart of the winter here.

I'm having the dealer pickup the 1025, install and return. I told them I would take the snow-thrower off prior to pickup to make it easier to do the installation. I'm also having a 55AMP Generator, Block heater and 180 thermostat installed while they install the cab. I can easily drop the snow-thrower and QH onto a moving dolly but I want to move my FEL which is stored under an outdoor raised deck and tarped for the winter before they pickup the tractor.

Question is; do I need to also disconnect my front PTO bracket and Shaft from the 1025 in order to mount the H120 FEL back onto the tractor or is there enough clearance for the FEL parking stand?

Reactions: OxPath and pcabe5

·
Registered
407 Posts
I can't help with your question as I only use the FEL + plow or bucket. I have no hitch brackets installed.

I just wanted to say that you are going to love this cab! I'm on my 3rd winter plowing with a Tektite and I am still amazed with the quality of this unit.

One suggestion: Get some good quality comfortable ear protection. Being almost all glass it is a bit loud which is just the way it is.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Finally, and just in time for the heart of the winter here.

I'm having the dealer pickup the 1025, install and return. I told them I would take the snow-thrower off prior to pickup to make it easier to do the installation. I'm also having a 55AMP Generator, Block heater and 180 thermostat installed while they install the cab. I can easily drop the snow-thrower and QH onto a moving dolly but I want to move my FEL which is stored under an outdoor raised deck and tarped for the winter before they pickup the tractor.

Question is; do I need to also disconnect my front PTO bracket and Shaft from the 1025 in order to mount the H120 FEL back onto the tractor or is there enough clearance for the FEL parking stand?
Yep. Parking stand won't fold. Lucky dog. I want one too. How much you paying?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
:munch::munch::munch:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't help with your question as I only use the FEL + plow or bucket. I have no hitch brackets installed.

I just wanted to say that you are going to love this cab! I'm on my 3rd winter plowing with a Tektite and I am still amazed with the quality of this unit.

One suggestion: Get some good quality comfortable ear protection. Being almost all glass it is a bit loud which is just the way it is.
Thanks. It's been 6 weeks since I ordered the cab so I'm a little anxious to get it here and installed. I also ordered a set of Microsonic Earplugs from Ultimate Ear with -25dB filters. I work for CBS Sports and I have a set of UE Custom In-Ear Monitors for in-game communications with my iPhone. UE already had my 3D ear impressions on file to make the new earplugs. These are suppose to be really comfortable.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still not here....and a decent Noreaster' here yesterday

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FINALLY....came in yesterday

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Very nice, looks like they have made a few changes, lights are new style and the mirrors are new. Mine had a bracket for mirrors, I installed round style. The new look like the same style as the Mauser cab. You are going to enjoy the comfort of it for sure. Hearing protection is a must. I just purchased the Stanley® AM/FM MP3 Earmuff and they work nice. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very nice cab! Keep us updated on the install. I'd like to get one for mine once I get the blower which hopefully will be next season.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
So we know what you're doing today.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Make sure you do not lose the fuel cap. Tektite charges $52 for a replacement! Took me weeks to find the correct cap at less than $10. Tektite makes a first class cab but they are bandits when it comes to supplying parts.

I epoxied a neodymium magnet to the replacement cap but will install a proper tether chain come Spring.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Mirrors (which are covered in shipping padding) are in fact round. Assist handle is on the inside of cabin now. Dealer is picking up the 1025 this Thursday to do installation. Also adding a 55AMP generator and block heater.

Hopefully we do not get a blizzard while it is there.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Why the alternator upgrade? Are the electrical requirements of these cabs really that great? I'm considering a cab for my 1025 for next year.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The 40 amp should be enough, especially if it has the newer technology heater blower motor. I prepped my first tractor for the cab wiring last spring and didn't install the cab until late fall. I had assumed the heater blower motor would draw 10 to 13 amps, as they typically had in years past. When I installed the cab, I noted it was much smaller physically and had a weight/size similar to a muffin fan that is utilized to cool electronics. I checked the current drain, it only drew 3.0 amps on high.

Also, I believe you can find those 55 amps alternators on ebay and other places for a fraction of what JD gets for them.

If you do have the dealer install the 55 amp, be sure to get your 40 amp back for a spare or resale.

Reactions: stg454
1 - 20 of 49 Posts