Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2038R, X590
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2025R.
The yoke at the top of my adjustable lift link snapped off while using the rotary cutter.
Replacement part is on backorder for a few weeks, and the 2025R lift links have angles at both ends, so the simple straight replacements at Tractor Supply won't fit.
Anything I can do for limited functionality in the meantime? I was thinking a short section of chain with quick-links would be alright, but maybe there are better ideas I haven't thought of? If I use chain, should I do both sides so they are equal length?
I don't expect to use all my implements until fixed properly, but being able to pick up ballast and continue using the loader/forks in the meantime would be nice.

·
Registered
605 Posts
A good welder could fix that right up. Then when the new part arrives you would have two adjustables.

I am replaced the fixed link on my 2025R with a second adjustable link. If you fancy a drive to the north Oregon beach you can borrow my spare fixed link for as long as you need. I am not a good enough welder to fix your busted one while you are here, though.

Edit: I just noticed you have a Gen 1 so I looked it up and it seems the link on my Gen 2 is a different so it might not work. It's a long drive from Kitsap County to Clatsop County anyhow, so checking with a local weld shop would be a good idea. Good luck!

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,790 Posts
I was thinking a short section of chain with quick-links would be alright, but maybe there are better ideas I haven't thought of? If I use chain, should I do both sides so they are equal length?
I don't see why that wouldn't work.

·
Registered
2038R, X590
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A good welder could fix that right up. Then when the new part arrives you would have two adjustables.

I am replaced the fixed link on my 2025R with a second adjustable link. If you fancy a drive to the north Oregon beach you can borrow my spare fixed link for as long as you need. I am not a good enough welder to fix your busted one while you are here, though.
Your offer is tempting, I do love to take the family to Seaside/Gearhart, but I don't want to deal with travel during the holiday weekend.
A buddy I work with is an amateur welder (that is, he bought equipment and is trying to teach himself), and as soon as he heard what happened he insisted I give him a chance at the repair. First go had the angle wrong so it wouldn't mount up. He's got it again now for attempt #2... since he's a friend and I don't need it super urgently, I figured I should give him the practice.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I edited my post after noticing you have the Gen 1 and found the links are different on my Gen 2 so you can skip the traffic. It is terrible. They banned fireworks in Portland and the TV news people are recommending that people go to the beach. With the record heat up there the beach is already crowded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.