Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 26x12.00-12 tires on my 2016 x738. Would the terra-grip 26x12x12 (5611) fit my tires with the type of tires the x738 comes with?
I don't want to spend $100 and find out it does not fit. I want to add more weight and better traction after last winter. I got stuck several times plowing snow.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Yes, they should fit but make sure to order the center of the wheel tensioners for the Terra Grips. This is what I am talking about.

Amazon.com: Security Chain Company QG20032 Quik Grip Medium Tire Traction Chain Rubber Tightener - Set of 2: Automotive

I ran two of these on each wheel in an "X" pattern crossing one another. It prevented any looseness on the Terra Grips and it helps with the over all traction by keeping the terra grips tight. If they are loose on the tire, they can move around slightly and it can cause them to wear more than they should.

I have a set of Terra Grips I ran for 4 or 5 seasons and they still work. They aren't as good as steel chains on sheer ice, but they work well on the snow, hard pack, etc. Personally, I would use Terra Grips before steel chains again. They don't score the pavement and they don't break and flail around under the tractor wrecking everything like steel chains can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts