Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any personal experience on this system by Terra King? It was featured on Tractor Time With Tim. If anyone who has this Implement could you share your experience with it. Give us the Good, The Bad, and the ugly. Also how much does this system cost?

·
Registered
713 Posts
There was discussion elsewhere on this system, don't remember exactly where. I think it was mentioned that it was in the $4500+ range. I love the PTO driven blower, wish it were available separately for those who wanted to fab their own system for less $$.

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
I think it was mentioned that it was in the $4500+ range.
I saw that, but I think it's closer to $3500. I went to a local customers to see his, it is one sweet setup! Mostly stainless steel and sucks like crazy.

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
It’s polished aluminum. I started a post and I think Tim did as well. There are 3 I know of on here. Tim, one in Canada and myself. I guess I get to try searching.

search here didn’t work yet but google found it and some other as well.

·
Vendor
19 Posts
Here are some general questions that may be relevant for anyone searching for an MCS/vacuum solution:

• Capacity - generally the larger the better because you will spend less time emptying it, but too large or an incorrect mount can make a vehicle quite un-safe.
  • How is it emptied - range from electric/hydro dump from seat to get off tractor and do it by hand
  • How do you know when it is full? This is actually important because if you overfill you can plug system and you have to manually remove grass from boot, hose, etc. Messy. If you under-fill to avoid this, you lose efficiency and waste time.
  • Service and support - all the normal stuff, can you talk to someone? Get parts? Company history? etc.
  • How is blower/vacuum powered? Options include deck belt, pony engine, and PTO.
  • Is vacuum sized appropriately for your deck and mowing conditions? The 60 and 72" decks can generate a lot of grass, especially with the larger HP CUTs (2032R, 2038R...)
  • How is it mounted? 3pt, tow behind, proprietary tractor mount, coupled with dolly wheels, etc. If it is 3pt, is it I-Match compatible?
  • Where are you going to dump grass and leaves? A good MCS can pick up a lot of material, do you have a compost pile, dump leaves on curb, or load into a truck? The big question here is do you want a bagger or bin system?
  • Mount/unmount - How quick can you hook up or remove from tractor?
  • Design and build quality - For example, wet grass and leaves are heavy and the larger MCS systems can carry over 600lbs of material. Does unit look like it is designed to handle that weight when the tractor is traveling fast and hits a bump?
  • Value/price
Hope that helps. If you have a specific question for us about our products, please feel free to use our vendor forum: https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/superior-tech-inc.210/

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased this unit this fall and I'm impressed! I have put 25-30 hours on it cleaning up leaves. The people at Terra King are great to deal with. I was able to pick mine up from the factory and all of the people I met there couldn't of been anymore helpful. It's a well made unit. I love how it doesn't need another motor and the ease of emptying it! The only thing I'm not too happy about is the amount of blow out from the right side of the deck, but from what I read it's a common problem with a lot of leaf vacs. it was right around $3500. Hope this helps!

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
I just purchased this unit this fall and I'm impressed! I have put 25-30 hours on it cleaning up leaves. The people at Terra King are great to deal with. I was able to pick mine up from the factory and all of the people I met there couldn't of been anymore helpful. It's a well made unit. I love how it doesn't need another motor with and the ease of emptying it! The only thing I'm not too happy about is the amount of blow out from the right side of the deck, but from what I read it's a common problem with a lot of leaf vacs. it was right around $3500. Hope this helps!
Welcome to GTT (y)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have it, love it. Installation is pretty straight forward if you have done any wiring before. Functionality is great, I mowed 3' tall pasture grass with it, it handled it with ease. I did notice that in very tall grass, the chute could clog because the suction is so great that it can ingest long grass before the blades can cut it when moving in reverse, which results having to get off the machine and unclog the chute. While this sounds like a pain, it's not. its a single clamp to pull the chute, and since the blower is run off the rear PTO, once the clog is out, you just turn on the rear PTO and use the chute to suck up any excess grass from the clog. I do want to reiterate, this is only in VERY tall grass. I have mowed 16" tall grass that was wet and it has not clogged once.

Overall, I'm not sure if there is any "ugly", its just really good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm considering getting a 1025R and a TKV20. My dealer is sure that the TKV20 is too slow on hills and the Deere MCS20 would be a better solution on the 1025R. My experience with a PowerFlow on my 445 and MC519 leads me to avoid a PowerFlow.

Are there any users here that have a TKV20 on a 1025R and can comment on performance?

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
I'm considering getting a 1025R and a TKV20. My dealer is sure that the TKV20 is too slow on hills and the Deere MCS20 would be a better solution on the 1025R. My experience with a PowerFlow on my 445 and MC519 leads me to avoid a PowerFlow.

Are there any users here that have a TKV20 on a 1025R and can comment on performance?
Curious if you've tried searching the forum? There are many posts on this as well as some great video's from TTWT (Tractor Time with Tim).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Curious if you've tried searching the forum? There are many posts on this as well as some great video's from TTWT (Tractor Time with Tim).
I've searched all the forums I could find and watched a lot of good videos, but all of the videos I saw with a 1025R were on fairly flat ground. The performance in picking up leaves looks to be great.

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts

Why would it be slower? If you meant low it still doesn’t sound right.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Why would it be slower? If you meant low it still doesn’t sound right.
I'm not sure if there would actually be an issue or not, but one of the salesman at my dealership commented that another customer with a 1025R had bought one and had issues climbing hills with the TKV-20 engaged, said it was dead slow. I have zero issue with my 2032R and 30 degree slopes, and I do wonder if the other guy was doing something odd, but I had heard the same thing GadgetBoy was saying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure if there would actually be an issue or not, but one of the salesman at my dealership commented that another customer with a 1025R had bought one and had issues climbing hills with the TKV-20 engaged, said it was dead slow. I have zero issue with my 2032R and 30 degree slopes, and I do wonder if the other guy was doing something odd, but I had heard the same thing GadgetBoy was saying.
That's two at dealers. I would like to hear from someone that doesn't have an interest in selling the MCS20 + PowerFlow. The quote I got for the TKV20 ($4900) also seems high to me. Granted, WA is far from PA.

I may be taking a road trip this summer if I can't get a decent price. (I'd consider used but 84 months at 0% is hard to pass up, unless I can get a great deal without using Deere financing.)

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Dealer in NY talked me out of buying his 2018 2025R once I told him on wanted the PTO driven one. So I bought a 2018 2032R. He stated the same reasons, not enough power in average height grass and any up-hill grade.

Called TerraKing myself, they say majority of the tractors these are bought for are 1025R's & 2025R's.

I have a 455, 60" deck with a hyd dump JD bagger powered by it's own engine and I can really move Cutting 4-6 inches of grass, on level to slight grade, some times too fast for the bagger. That's a 22hp diesel. Now would I try that on a steep grade? NO. All depends how you want to run it. I can believe that the additional power needed to power the bagger thru the PTO could be an issue.

That's why I upgraded to a 2032R, but I needed another loader, 4x4, and the extra power because of the wet springs/early summers the last 3 yrs.

As soon as they can re-open, I'm ordering one, they are not far from me.

Could I get by with my 22hp 455, yeah, I could, but grass has just been too high, and land not flat enough to mow HIGH grass all the time.

I hate to sell it, but, don't need 3 tractors now that I have a 2032R. It's listed here on GTT.

As with almost everything it depends on YOUR land, and how hard you want to run it.

Allen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As with almost everything it depends on YOUR land, and how hard you want to run it.
We have big leaf maples, they drop a lot of very big leaves. Most of the year I mulch but when the leaves come down I need to bag or they will smother the grass. We only have 2.75 acres but it took 5+ hours with 54” deck on 445 + MC 519 to get all the leaves into the pile. The TKV20 would be a fair bit quicker (and easier). I grew tired of unclogging the PowerFlow.

I plan to own that long enough to pay for it with time and effort saved.

Lee

·
Registered
53 Posts
We have big leaf maples, they drop a lot of very big leaves. Most of the year I mulch but when the leaves come down I need to bag or they will smother the grass. We only have 2.75 acres but it took 5+ hours with 54” deck on 445 + MC 519 to get all the leaves into the pile. The TKV20 would be a fair bit quicker (and easier). I grew tired of unclogging the PowerFlow.

I plan to own that long enough to pay for it with time and effort saved.

Lee
I am in the same boat as you. I always mulched with my Z910a.
The main interest is leaf cleanup (8 weeks out of the year, which sucks). I have 2 acres with 20 mature trees but I am surrounded by 80 acres of woods. Hence, alot of leaves
I have mulched in the past, but there is a major issue with that. I live on a hill, my property ranges from 10-20 degree slopes. I have some terraces with over 20 catch basins and over 1,000 ft of pipe in the ground to keep the water from water falling down the hill.
Mulching leaves is great for the grass. However, the hard rains or rains in general push the mulched leaves down the hill and cover the grates on the catch basins. Then, you get the water fall effect and ruts everywhere that you didn't want, hence the catch basin installation. Therefore, I currently have to take all the grates off in the winter and spring which just pushes it through the corrugated pipe, potentially clogging it, and draining in the pond (another thing you don't want to do.)

I received a quote around $4k with $300 being shipping to western ky. I think they are bad to the bone systems as seen on tractor time with tim. My only hang up has been with putting my 2032r on the 20 degree slopes. I have to run parallel due to our pond being at the bottom of it. I just recently picked up a 2013 x758 to replace the zero turn, but I would bet the smaller system (Superior Tech makes products for JD) for that is just as expensive.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts