Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
HI Jim, out of curiosity, how much better is the new boot than the old one? And will it be available for purchase separately? I haven't been able to find it on your website. Tractor is 2032R with a 72D deck.

It's amazing. MUCH MUCH better.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts

It's amazing. MUCH MUCH better.
Dang it. Milder better would save me money, thats a want. MUCH MUCH seems like a need.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Kind of tough this time of year. I would like to see the difference on very large maple leaves or very deep ones. By deep I mean deep enough that if you do not raise the deck they start pushing in front of it.
Maybe you could come over this fall, and we can do the tests together?
...or maybe I should come visit you? That way we would be working in YOUR conditions, and would have both TKV20's for comparison!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I searched through all the posts about the TKV20 and didn't find my answer. I still have the mechanical lift installed for the deck on my 1025R. I did the modification like on TTWT to the 3 point hitch and installed an adjustable link on the left side so that I could get the 3 pt arm to go down lower. What type of ground clearance does the TKV20 have when the mower deck and 3 pt hitch is lowered for mowing?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I searched through all the posts about the TKV20 and didn't find my answer. I still have the mechanical lift installed for the deck on my 1025R. I did the modification like on TTWT to the 3 point hitch and installed an adjustable link on the left side so that I could get the 3 pt arm to go down lower. What type of ground clearance does the TKV20 have when the mower deck and 3 pt hitch is lowered for mowing?
I am careful to lower my 3 point only enough to get the mower to the cutting height. Usually about 5 on the 3 pt indicator I think.
I find that the PTO shaft for the 3 point runs almost level/straight/perfect at that height.
There is no ground clearance issue, our videos of the TKV20 in action should illustrate this well.

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am careful to lower my 3 point only enough to get the mower to the cutting height. Usually about 5 on the 3 pt indicator I think.
I find that the PTO shaft for the 3 point runs almost level/straight/perfect at that height.
There is no ground clearance issue, our videos of the TKV20 in action should illustrate this well.

Tim
Tim, thanks for the explanation. I am installing the OEM third function kit and converting to hydraulic lift and will control deck height from third function switch to avoid any problem with 3pt.
Also, I love your videos. Especially seeing the U of IL sticker in your shop. My daughter and myself are IL Alumni.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Hey Guys. I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas. Ordered my TKV20 this morning, and will be at a local Dealer Thursday morning. Got all the toys with it, wheel kit and the new style boots for the 72D and 60D. I can't wait!!! Been looking at the PTO powered one since it came out in '18.

Have to give a great big shout-out to Jim at Terra King/Superior Tech!

Thanks Jim!! Great talking with you, working out a deal, and you connecting with one of my local dealers to get this ASAP. Can't thank you enough!! Can't wait to get this sucker......well sucking!!

Allen.

·
Vendor
19 Posts
HI Jim, out of curiosity, how much better is the new boot than the old one? And will it be available for purchase separately? I haven't been able to find it on your website. Tractor is 2032R with a 72D deck.
The Satch and Herminator -

The old boot was a John Deere part and we wanted to have our own, so we made the new one. The new boot is slightly better, it allows for a greater capacity of material to go through it along with increased air flow. If you already have a TKV and want the new boot, give Jim a call at 717-569-3359 ext. 236 and you can order the new one.

radiotech -

When you set your cut height, you can also set the stop on the 3 pt. lever to about 5 as Tim said. When you do this, the TKV will be almost parallel to the ground and give you plenty of clearance as you mow.

I’ve attached a link to one of Tim’s TKV videos, as you’ll see, there is plenty of clearance.

Let us know if there are any additional questions.

-Nolan

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Well fellas she's HOME!! Just in time too as the monsoon started just as I got in the house. Would have liked to have put her in the garage, but there just wasn't time!! The wood shed will have to do for today.

Here's some pics. Pics just don't do justice to how well these are built OR the quality of them!!

Oh and the girls approve too.
Allen.
WIN_20200430_14_48_13_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200430_14_48_42_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Well fellas she's HOME!! Just in time too as the monsoon started just as I got in the house. Would have liked to have put her in the garage, but there just wasn't time!! The wood shed will have to do for today.

Here's some pics. Pics just don't do justice to how well these are built OR the quality of them!!

Oh and the girls approve too.
Allen. View attachment 736762 View attachment 736763 View attachment 736762 View attachment 736763 View attachment 736764 View attachment 736765 View attachment 736766 View attachment 736767
Congratulations!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts