Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2020 2038R here. Tested hydraulic pressure at the rear SCV port (top ports). WOT was at 2750psi. I had to remove my access panel anyway because my drop rate knob was frozen, so I decided to adjust my pressure while it was off. I have it set so that at wot it reads dead on 3000 deadheaded. However if you hammer the lever forward it briefly spikes to 3100 for a split second. I also checked with the engine warm but the hydraulics likely cold. Will that affect reading? Do you think I should back it off to 2900 or is 3000 a safe number? I know the spec is 2500ish to 3040. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Most manuals instruct to warm the fluid prior to taking any pressure measurements.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most manuals instruct to warm the fluid prior to taking any pressure measurements.
Does testing with warm vs cool fluid raise or lower pressure? Id think it would lower pressure as it warms? I guess I can give it some exercise this afternoon and re check.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So tested this evening after running up and down the road a bit and exercising the loader. Got the connections warm to the touch at least. Pressure was 2975 deadheaded and a hard stab spike to 3050ish. Id imagine it would drop a bit when hot. Would you leave as is or back off 100 psi for safety sake. Im concerned when it gets cold out and the fluid is thicker.

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
I would let it be and I don’t think you’ll see much of a difference cold. Even if it does it won’t be cold long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts