Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my hooks in the mail yesterday and installed them today. Excellent craftmanship, I just need to start putting them to use.
took his advice on the sealant under the mounts. Its clear and paintable, just need to find some JD green.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Jester,
You are correct Kenny makes a very good product. You also did a nice install. Yep, a little JD green and let the work begin. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do those utilize existing holes in the bucket, or do you need to drill holes to mount them? How much a set are they? Getting close to pulling the trigger on a CUT, and was wanting to do something similar; if the price is right, I'll buy a set of these instead.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as RandyM pointed out, Kenny had a nice site for these hooks. You do have to drill holes but the bucket is not so thick its an issue. I just happened to have a carbide 1/2 bit lying around and it ate right through the bucket. It can't be any easier with all the necessary hardware supplied.

Do those utilize existing holes in the bucket, or do you need to drill holes to mount them? How much a set are they? Getting close to pulling the trigger on a CUT, and was wanting to do something similar; if the price is right, I'll buy a set of these instead.

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Thanks to Jester for the post:drinks: and Welcome to DT

jdfun if you have any more questions you can contact me through the website or a PM here.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Can you ship to Canada via USPS? Couriers ding us Canucks big time for "brokerage fees", as much as 30% of the cost of the item being shipped. USPS/Canadapost charge a $5 flat rate.

Thanks to Jester for the post:drinks: and Welcome to DT

jdfun if you have any more questions you can contact me through the website or a PM here.

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Can you ship to Canada via USPS? Couriers ding us Canucks big time for "brokerage fees", as much as 30% of the cost of the item being shipped. USPS/Canadapost charge a $5 flat rate.
I need to follow up on this-I have no idea how to ship to Canada as I have never needed to do it. You are the first person to ask, and I am sure you won't be the last either.

Are you interested in a set if I can?

·
Banned
747 Posts
Kenny, more than likely provided the shipping isn't crazy, and provided it comes USPS. I'm sure USPS can do it, I got a Mantis tiller shipped from the States by them a couple of years ago, from a dealer in Ohio.

I need to follow up on this-I have no idea how to ship to Canada as I have never needed to do it. You are the first person to ask, and I am sure you won't be the last either.

Are you interested in a set if I can?

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Kenny, more than likely provided the shipping isn't crazy, and provided it comes USPS. I'm sure USPS can do it, I got a Mantis tiller shipped from the States by them a couple of years ago, from a dealer in Ohio.

I will follow up on this...I have been sending all the orders via USPS Priority Mail so far anyway.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Kenny, shots of hook install, tractor ready for spring. Install was a breeze, love the hooks, great addition to bucket.
Fred

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
They look nice. I think I would skip weld a 1/4 " or 3/8" plate as wide as allowed underneith all across to help spread jerk loads.

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Kenny, shots of hook install, tractor ready for spring. Install was a breeze, love the hooks, great addition to bucket.
Fred

Thanks Fred!

And welcome to DT:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
They look nice. I think I would skip weld a 1/4 " or 3/8" plate as wide as allowed underneith all across to help spread jerk loads.
These hooks are marketed to those who can't weld-so that would be a problem. It is clearly stated on the site and in the instructions about the danger of "jerking" with the hooks at all-a lot more at risk than just bending the bucket!

·
Registered
771 Posts
That's for sure. I have some big ones that I need to put on, I'll do that when the weather warms up and post some pictures... :good2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hooks were waiting for me at home after work!

About 10 minutes for install and they look great! Thanks for the great product, clear instructions and quick shipping!

On to the Deere store to get some paint!

Thanks again!

Tim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts