Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the first time I decided to take the FEL and BH off to mow my lawn. Put mmm on, mow where the trailer sits and where I am going to put the FEL n BH. So I take them off go to where I start mowing at and get 3/4 of way towards house and hydraulic fluid pouring out of the yellow connector. So I stop and park by garage and try cleaning connector and going to have to go get a o ring. That's how my whole day went! On top of it I was so pissed as I was pushing Betsy into garage I forgot rops was up and hit the header. Just one of those days. I had a small chunk of 2x4 I was kicking along as I pushed her so she only rolled back a little. :banghead::banghead::banghead: She in there now!

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
I hate days like you've had . . . I know the feeling, some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. :mocking:

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
WOW , rough day !!!! Sounds like it can only go up from here . Hopefully a better day tomorrow !!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wentonbrown, Sorry about your bad day but I have to tell ya, I'd pay good money to see a video of all that.
:lol:
ME too Giz! Of course I was home by myself.

·
Registered
527 Posts
So for the first time I decided to take the FEL and BH off to mow my lawn. Put mmm on, mow where the trailer sits and where I am going to put the FEL n BH. So I take them off go to where I start mowing at and get 3/4 of way towards house and hydraulic fluid pouring out of the yellow connector. So I stop and park by garage and try cleaning connector and going to have to go get a o ring. That's how my whole day went! On top of it I was so pissed as I was pushing Betsy into garage I forgot rops was up and hit the header. Just one of those days. I had a small chunk of 2x4 I was kicking along as I pushed her so she only rolled back a little. :banghead::banghead::banghead: She in there now!
Sorry Wentonbrown, I could not check of the like button on that day of yours. Hope everything gets better for you. :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well without pics or video or a witness.. It never happened!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
I take pic tomorrow of where the rops took paint off!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I take pic tomorrow of where the rops took paint off!
If you have a memory as good as mine, might I suggest a strip of rubber across that door header...?:laugh:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well without pics or video or a witness.. It never happened!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Here is the pics I promised... So if you look at the one in the middle of my 3 oops, you can line it up with the next pic with the rops down. I almost hit it hard enough to take paint off! I guess I have some diesel power too! Lmao:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you have a memory as good as mine, might I suggest a strip of rubber across that door header...?:laugh:
I would but wife wouldn't like looking at it! I'm thinking sawzall will fix the problem!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Wenton , hang in there : it won't get any better as the brain ages , I have been there . Just the other day I did a little plastic deforming on the side panel and the lower grill plastic. I bought one those rubber exhaust extensions a few weeks ago and it seemed tight enough for no clamp needed . I took off the deck and I guess backing on / off the deck the axle turned the extension up against the panel/ grill bottom. The reason for all this was to look at a mid pto shaft leak so I had the tractor running for quite a while . Didn't realize what was going on up front .. WELL it happened .. I guess the best way to learn by our mistakes is the :gizmo: each one cost !!!!: Have a good day !

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Thing could be worse.. and things can only go up:good2::good2:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Wenton , hang in there : it won't get any better as the brain ages , I have been there . Just the other day I did a little plastic deforming on the side panel and the lower grill plastic. I bought one those rubber exhaust extensions a few weeks ago and it seemed tight enough for no clamp needed . I took off the deck and I guess backing on / off the deck the axle turned the extension up against the panel/ grill bottom. The reason for all this was to look at a mid pto shaft leak so I had the tractor running for quite a while . Didn't realize what was going on up front .. WELL it happened .. I guess the best way to learn by our mistakes is the :gizmo: each one cost !!!!: Have a good day !
That sucks! I was thinking about getting one of those extensions myself but I am afraid I would do the same thing. Unintentionally of course. I can't multitask like I used to. I blame a lot on the meds I am forced to take now. Are you going to have to replace the plastic?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update, today was better. Went to dealer and bought the oil and a new end. Dealer wanted me to bring in, but Betsy is not under warranty so new end on hose first. Tomorrow my brother is coming over to help me get her back in action. Less mess that way or me losing my patience...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just the bottom grill green plastic. It's the worst . I can live with the side panel for now and also no one in the country has any side panels . Deere is in the process of soon making them again according to the green parts store out in Indiana. I'll get pic and show you . I didn't realize the heat transfer thru that rubber extension . How's the garage door header. That stinks too. I am on meds also now for vertigo, anxiety and migraines. That for sure plays a part in the thinking process. Bottom grill green plastic $43.00 shipping included . The side panel would be $165.00 and decal if I couldn't salvage it. One good thing my dog Huggins don't mind me doing dumb things , lol. Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts