Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a haul master quick hitch but got tired of playing the bushings game. I have 2 land pride attachments and my others can be fitted to this hitch using the adapters I have so I called the Kubota dealer which is about 30 minutes from me and ordered the QH05. I wish I had thought to tell him I wanted it in black though lol. When I ordered it he asked what it was going on and I told him a 1025r so who knows he may have ordered orange just to spite me haha. Other than sticking out like a sore thumb I believe it will serve me much better than sizing up bushings. My weight rack/trailer hitch fits it real good, it’s raining/snowing here and nasty today or I would have hooked to a couple attachments to see how it fit them.

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts
Those are nice hitches, and well matched (except for the color LOL) to the 1-series.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I have a friend who has one on his 1025R and he is very happy with it. I have had a Landpride finish mower for years and they build quality stuff

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,272 Posts
Always thought this would be the one to get. I'm curious on how well it hooks up to all your equipment.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always thought this would be the one to get. I'm curious on how well it hooks up to all your equipment.
When I hook something up I’ll post some pics and let you guys know. I’m debating now on wether or not to ditch the R4 tires for turf.

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
Victory EF135 flail mower

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If I could have found one of these in stock or any dealer could have provided me a time line as to when I would recieve it if ordering, the Land Pride would be on my tractor and the iMatch would have been left at the JD dealer. I wouldn't have cared if it was orange, black, neon green, pink, or any other color. At the time I was looking for a quick hitch the land pride was on an extreme back order.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Nice hitch.....nothing a spray can can’t fix......

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
If I could have found one of these in stock or any dealer could have provided me a time line as to when I would recieve it if ordering, the Land Pride would be on my tractor and the iMatch would have been left at the JD dealer. I wouldn't have cared if it was orange, black, neon green, pink, or any other color. At the time I was looking for a quick hitch the land pride was on an extreme back order.
Shawn,
I don’t think it is rated for enough weight for your 3520.
They introduced a new QH10 which is a bit heavier this year. Still no bushings. I think this would be a good hitch for larger tractors.

The bushings are annoying and expensive.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Shawn,
I don’t think it is rated for enough weight for your 3520.
They introduced a new QH10 which is a bit heavier this year. Still no bushings. I think this would be a good hitch for larger tractors.

The bushings are annoying an expensive.
I didn't know the specs on the hitch then and still don't, I just assumed it would hold up to the few implements I use a quick hitch on. That may have been a very wrong assumption and a good thing I wasn't able to get it. It's not that the iMatch doesn't work, it does the job but I have never felt the iMatch was worth the expense for the hitch itself with the bushing expense being a seperate complaint. And yes, the bushings are extremely annoying! Personally, even if I had known the hitch wasn't rated for my tractor I likely would have purchased it anyways at that time. Of course I would be a fool not to purchase the heavier hitch today if I was looking to purchase the Land Pride quick hitch. I believe they are an awesome hitch!

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
I didn't know the specs on the hitch then and still don't, I just assumed it would hold up to the few implements
You do now. :) I've had a QH15 for several years and have been very happy with it. I once had both the QH15 and JD iMatch and when comparing them observed flexing in the iMatch that was not apparent in the QH15.

Q_specs.jpg

Q_specs2.jpg

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You do now. :) I've had a QH15 for several years and have been very happy with it. I once had both the QH15 and JD iMatch and when comparing them observed flexing in the iMatch that was not apparent in the QH15.

View attachment 577185

View attachment 577201
Even the QH10 and QH15 comes up short on specs for the 3 series, lift capacity at 24" is 2200lbs. Not that it matters in my case though, other than my disk the rest of my implements are well under a 1000lbs. I suppose if the tractor could get enough traction I could twist a lighter quick hitch.

·
Premium Member
15,022 Posts
Looks like a nice hitch, no need to paint .:dunno: Bought a Bush Hog Tiller Red in color about 12yrs ago I was going to paint it so far nope.:laugh:

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
I had a haul master quick hitch but got tired of playing the bushings game. I have 2 land pride attachments and my others can be fitted to this hitch using the adapters I have so I called the Kubota dealer which is about 30 minutes from me and ordered the QH05. I wish I had thought to tell him I wanted it in black though lol. When I ordered it he asked what it was going on and I told him a 1025r so who knows he may have ordered orange just to spite me haha. Other than sticking out like a sore thumb I believe it will serve me much better than sizing up bushings. My weight rack/trailer hitch fits it real good, it’s raining/snowing here and nasty today or I would have hooked to a couple attachments to see how it fit them.

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Orange well what do You expect with Land Pride! Considering Kubota Owns them now anyways. Wonder if Land Pride will eventually go to a all orange color scheme anyways:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Orange well what do You expect with Land Pride! Considering Kubota Owns them now anyways. Wonder if Land Pride will eventually go to a all orange color scheme anyways:bigthumb:
I would suspect that they will keep a neutral color as well.

Kubota isn't likely to cut there market that much. They still make some of the best implements out there and they realize that not everyone is color blind.

I know my orange rotary cutter works just fine behind my green tractor.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Even the QH10 and QH15 comes up short on specs for the 3 series, lift capacity at 24" is 2200lbs. Not that it matters in my case though, other than my disk the rest of my implements are well under a 1000lbs. I suppose if the tractor could get enough traction I could twist a lighter quick hitch.
I've never seen specifications for the JD iMatch.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

Kubota isn't likely to cut there market that much. They still make some of the best implements out there and they realize that not everyone is color blind.

We had sheds full of green stuff being drug around by red stuff so I learned at an early age you don't look at the color of the paint, you buy what will get the job done while giving you your money's worth. Land Pride has ALWAYS been good implements for me and even if they become all orange, that will not detour me from a purchase. I always got my money's worth from Kubota as well. Orange cutter on a green tractor or a green cutter on an orange tractor....... Either or is a solid combination IMO

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Orange well what do You expect with Land Pride! Considering Kubota Owns them now anyways. Wonder if Land Pride will eventually go to a all orange color scheme anyways
Judging from the latest product catalogs it appears they offer the same color choices as they always did. I got snagged the same as the OP. A few years ago (long before Kubota assimilation) I ordered a LP rear blade from Messicks. I didn't even THINK to mention the color as I had other LP implements and they were all tan. I assumed (bad) that it would be tan unless otherwise specified. WRONG! It arrived in orange. It didn't really bother me as I used it mostly for snow removal and the orange color was nice and bright when working close to the road. :)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I've never seen specifications for the JD iMatch.
I have no clue what the specs are on the iMatch either, I haven't damaged mine so I guess it's ok. The paint chips off of it no different than anything else I bang around on the 3point, I personally don't see anything special about the iMatch.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts

If My dealer had still carried Land Pride at the time I Bought My 1 series I would Have had One of there Tillers Instead of My 647 They are still making great Products regardless of the color :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts