Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been noisy in the skies over central Alberta the last week, the Canada Geese have been returning. This shot is so cool because the flock is reforming the V.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
They passed through here a few weeks ago! I love their sound, and their formation!

Glad they arrived safely at their destination! :good2:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
They passed through here a few weeks ago! I love their sound, and their formation!

Glad they arrived safely at their destination! :good2:
You want I should send you a couple dozen? Call "Hydro's U-Pluck" at 1-800-GOOS-POO.

Our lazy "resident geese" have long ago given up their Canadien citizenship for a career in year round local ground and water pollution. Simply another misguided "environmental experiment" gone wrong...:laugh:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I had some pet geese for several years. They are great "watch dogs" and will attack anyone and anything. One by one, coyotes picked them off. As long as there were 3, they usually managed to sound the alarm and handle whatever, but after losing the first one, the other two didn't last very long.

They do make a mess. I had to hose off my front porch twice a day, because the geese would play in the water, then stand in front of my plate glass windows and preen. They sure could poop a lot while preening!! I miss them, but not the mess.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, we tried raising a few geese one year. Same thing with the coyotes though, they got to eat them before we did...:nunu: Now the mallards and Canada Geese frequent the pond in our front yard and nest near by but they are "pets", no shooting in the yard because neighbours are too close.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's good to see someone call them "Canada" Geese instead of "Canadian" geese. That's probably because you're Canadian aye? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We call them both ways John even thought they are properly Canada Geese. The only reason Canada Geese are "Canadian Geese" is because they live here to make babies...:lol: but they are smart enough to escape our winters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts