Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Crossroads of Dixie Antique Tractor and Engine show this weekend: August 17 & 18

Held in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee is in it's 15th year and gets better each year it seems. There will be between 300 and 400 tractors there and numerous parts dealers etc. One of the best things about this show is the food. There are really good food venues to choose from. A crowd favorite is roasted corn on the cob with butter and seasonings of your choice. At $2 per ear (last year's price) there was still a line each time we walked by.

My personal favorite thing to eat is the homemade ice cream. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
Can you share with us specifically where in Lawrenceburg? I might have to go:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
Maybe you'll see me there.:thumbup1gif: I'll be the fat guy wearing a John Deere hat, t-shirt, and either jeans or shorts. Oh, I'll probably be drooling over cool old tractors, taking pictures, and having a good ol' time.:lol:

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Maybe you'll see me there.:thumbup1gif: I'll be the fat guy wearing a John Deere hat, t-shirt, and either jeans or shorts. Oh, I'll probably be drooling over cool old tractors, taking pictures, and having a good ol' time.:lol:
At the fair, or the tractor show? There are usually some cool tractors at the fair, too.

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
I think I'm going to at least go to the show, not sure about the fair. Fairs aren't as fun as tractor pulls and shows.:munch:

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
I'll have my dog with me too.

JohnDeereChi.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: See you down there!

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
Lots of pics, even videos!

IMG_2048.JPG IMG_2049.JPG IMG_2051.JPG IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG IMG_2060.JPG IMG_2061.JPG IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG IMG_2066.JPG IMG_2067.JPG IMG_2072.JPG

I also got to meet Uncle Wayne today. What a treat. The whole day was great. Good friends, beautiful weather, and cool old tractors!

Uncle Wayne, it was a real pleasure to meet you today.:hi: I really enjoyed your company. :drinks: Maybe Eagleville after Labor day?

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
The Lawn and Garden boys had a strong showing too!

IMG_2053.JPG IMG_2054.JPG IMG_2055.JPG IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG IMG_2076.JPG IMG_2075.JPG IMG_2092.JPG

Here's a really early D

IMG_2089.JPG IMG_2090.JPG IMG_2091.JPG IMG_2088.JPG

I think this was my favorite part of the whole show...

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
Dadgummit, I should've gone to that thing...:empathy:

Great pictures! What's in Eagleville?
Uncle Wayne wasn't kidding. The roasted corn was awesome, but the John Deere turned ice cream was the tastiest! :thumbup1gif:

Eagleville has a large antique engine and tractor show with tractor pulls the weekend after labor day. I'm going.:yahoo:

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Uncle Wayne wasn't kidding. The roasted corn was awesome, but the John Deere turned ice cream was the tastiest! :thumbup1gif:

Eagleville has a large antique engine and tractor show with tractor pulls the weekend after labor day. I'm going.:yahoo:
I love that articulated garden tractor. The tracked 317 is awesome, too! If the Eagleville show is as good, then I plan on going. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
I love that articulated garden tractor. The tracked 317 is awesome, too! If the Eagleville show is as good, then I plan on going. :thumbup1gif:
The articulated was a 1/4 scale model of a 8020 with a 3 cylinder diesel. It was very well done.

The old Timers around here say it's a great show. I missed it last year. I barley scratched the surface of what was there at today's show. If Eagleville is half of what today's was, it will be great!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Great pictures, diesel. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I also got to meet Uncle Wayne today. What a treat. The whole day was great. Good friends, beautiful weather, and cool old tractors!

Uncle Wayne, it was a real pleasure to meet you today.:hi: I really enjoyed your company. :drinks: Maybe Eagleville after Labor day?
It was a great time and I really enjoyed meeting you and appreciate you sharing the time with me. I knew I'd enjoy your company just by following your post on GTT and you didn't disappoint. Eagleville sounds good!

I'll post some more pictures a little later.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dieselshadow did such a good job posting the JD pictures, I'll try and share some of the "offbrand" tractors they allowed in the show this year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A few more:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts