That is such a cool tractor. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lookin' good! Gotta ask, why the 4x4 blocking the front wheel? Doesn't appear to be running, unless you caught the flapper in the "down" position! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Lookin' good! Gotta ask, why the 4x4 blocking the front wheel?:
The parking brakes usually don't work very well on these old tractors and you can't have hem in gear when you start them without being run over.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The parking brakes usually don't work very well on these old tractors and you can't have hem in gear when you start them without being run over.
Oh yea, wasn't thinking about starting it...was only thinking about parking.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

this is the reason. it works but not 100% need to look in to it. i use a the clutch brake lever with a simple rubber strap pulling it back tight hooked to the seat for safe measure as well.. dont need that thing free rolling on me

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
That is sweet! :good2:

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
Having the clutch in the rear or disengaged position while the engine is running for a long time puts a lot of wear on the clutch bearings. All of the experts I've run into over the years recommend to leave the clutch engaged while sitting and running. :good2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts