Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny things happen. It was mowing day a couple weeks ago; Sharn Jean was gone, so before I climbed on the JD to start mowing, I grabbed one of the telephones and put in in my pocket, just in case. About an hour or so later, I was merrily going about my mowing, when She came out the back door, waving at me. I stopped, and she leaned over and whispered in my ear, asking if I had the phone. I said, "yeah, just in case you called from town." She says "Its on, so please turn it off". I took it out of my pocket, turned it off and gave it to her. She returned to the house.

Now a little back ground. She is involved in a business endeavor that every so often requires a conference call with some other folks all over the country. Unbeknownst to me, she came home while I was mowing and proceeded to make her conference call. Sometime during the middle of the call, I inadvertently turned the phone on, and the participants were greeted with the sound of music created by a 14 horse Kawasaki John Deer engine, at full power, in the process of mowing my lawn. Needless to say, she was greatly embarrassed, but managed to evade responsibility or knowledge, at least up to this point. I, however, was not so lucky. My contrition knows no bounds, and as of this date, me and my John Deere remain anonymous. Let's hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Now THAT IS FUNNY!:lol:

All of her conference callers would have just quit and hung up if it had been any other color tractor!:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

All of her conference callers would have just quit and hung up if it had been any other color tractor!:greentractorride:
Hah. They stayed on the phone all the way, for some reason and made plenty of comments it seems, as I was told...and told...and told.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I had a person that kept calling me that I never wanted to talk to. I put their name in my phone book, just so that I would not answer when they called. One day, I was standing in line somewhere, and must have leaned up against a rail. Unbeknownst to me, it made the phone call the first person in the phone book. Yep, that persons was in under the letter "A". I soon learned after that, to LOCK the keypad!!!! I have no idea if "menu *" works in the "smarter then me" phones or not, but given how many times some of my friends "butt dial" me, I have to wonder. If that isn't an option, it needs to be!

From the girl that proudly carries a dinosaur phone!!

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Funny things happen. It was mowing day a couple weeks ago; Sharn Jean was gone, so before I climbed on the JD to start mowing, I grabbed one of the telephones and put in in my pocket, just in case. About an hour or so later, I was merrily going about my mowing, when She came out the back door, waving at me. I stopped, and she leaned over and whispered in my ear, asking if I had the phone. I said, "yeah, just in case you called from town." She says "Its on, so please turn it off". I took it out of my pocket, turned it off and gave it to her. She returned to the house.

Now a little back ground. She is involved in a business endeavor that every so often requires a conference call with some other folks all over the country. Unbeknownst to me, she came home while I was mowing and proceeded to make her conference call. Sometime during the middle of the call, I inadvertently turned the phone on, and the participants were greeted with the sound of music created by a 14 horse Kawasaki John Deer engine, at full power, in the process of mowing my lawn. Needless to say, she was greatly embarrassed, but managed to evade responsibility or knowledge, at least up to this point. I, however, was not so lucky. My contrition knows no bounds, and as of this date, me and my John Deere remain anonymous. Let's hope it stays that way.

NOW WHO IS CAUSING TROUBLE! :tongue:

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts

If you can tell color over the phone......

I'm throwing the BS flag on this one.

What COLOR is a Kawasaki?

It is at least made in the same country as the Yanmar you have and the Kubota I have......

Now it it had been an AMERICAN made two cylinder, good old fashion JD, then that would have been music.

As it stands, it was rice.

·
Premium Member
5,976 Posts
Wife once told of a meeting (large group) she was attending where, when the speaker finished her part, dropped her cordless microphone into her jacket pocket. A few minutes later, over the intercom "ka-whoosh", everybody knew where the speaker had gone! :laugh: ~~ Lowell

·
8,558 Posts
Wife once told of a meeting (large group) she was attending where, when the speaker finished her part, dropped her cordless microphone into her jacket pocket. A few minutes later, over the intercom "ka-whoosh", everybody knew where the speaker had gone! :laugh: ~~ Lowell
Actually, that happens more often than you might think. One reason that I leave the mic behind, or triple check that it is "off" before entering the ladies room, if I am giving a talk. So far, hasn't happened to me, but have been around where someone else made that mistake.

·
8,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,976 Posts
Well, I have upgraded a little beyond that. I still have a "flip phone" though! Not going to have a small item that is "smarter then me", if I can help it! :mocking:
My dumbphone (flip phone) works for me! I carry it daily, but at times, it's a month between uses. ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My dumbphone (flip phone) works for me! I carry it daily, but at times, it's a month between uses. ~~ Lowell
And how! Casio flipper, $20/mo "plan", text blocked and locked makes for quiet emergency personal carry outward calling only happiness. I don't remember the last time I even checked a phone to see if I missed any calls.:mocking:

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And how! Casio flipper, $20/mo "plan", text blocked and locked makes for quiet emergency personal carry outward calling only happiness. I don't remember the last time I even checked a phone to see if I missed any calls.:mocking:
You can get missed calls? Sharn Jean said that I had to set mine up because it won't accept messages. I said "good". I want on/off, hello/goodbye and a ring that sounds like a telephone. Comes close, but the ring sounds like a New Orleans night club about 2:00 in the morning.

·
Premium Member
5,976 Posts
You can get missed calls? Sharn Jean said that I had to set mine up because it won't accept messages. I said "good". I want on/off, hello/goodbye and a ring that sounds like a telephone. Comes close, but the ring sounds like a New Orleans night club about 2:00 in the morning.
I found a ring tone on mine that said "old phone". I selected that one & never changed it, not great, but better than most! ~~ Lowell

1 - 20 of 27 Posts