Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the letter from my JD dealer two weeks ago regarding their Trade-In program. I put in on the counter. My wife saw it and said I should call them. So, I did.

In 2015, we got a 1025R FILB, with 260 backhoe, a 48" FEL and a 60" deck. Financing was 0% for 72 months.
Since it was their money I was using, I also threw in a 48" box blade, a 54" front blade, an IMatch, a post hole digger and a 48" rotary cutter.

The 1025R has a little over 250 hours on it. One of the warning lights doesn't work due to a tree branch incident early on, and is strapped to the ROPS with a bungee cord. The parking brake stopped working a month ago. I suspect there may be a slight seal leak on one of the lift arms on the 3 point. No major problems, otherwise. The backhoe has less than 2 hours on it, and looks new. The loader has been used, but looks good.

This is the deal Deere offered me:

- Pay off my current note. Tractor, and all attachments are paid for.
- Equity on top of that.
- New 2018 1025R FILB
- I have 4 years left on my current note - This will be extended to 5 years, and my payment will be lowered by $50/month.

I couldn't pass it up.

I recently got a heck of a deal on a 2 year old Husqvarna 54" zero turn, so I plan on using it for mowing.
Now, I will use the new 1025R a lot less for mowing, so I should save hours on it.
We have 20 acres, but most of them are hilly, so the tractor gets light use out in the woods.

I've read some threads here about this trade in deal, but I'm not prone to remorse once I make a decision. My Deere dealer has been fair to me.
I understand that they will be making money 2 different ways. Good for them -as long as I'm happy with the new equipment.

I hope to keep you posted.

That 2015 sure has been a good one. 20181011_125449.jpg

·
Registered
12,454 Posts
:lol: that's a good deal---:good2:now just last week my one chevy dealer sent me something like that for a new pickup--but...........i just bought a new gator-835R---so the wife looked at too-but ..........instead of telling me to call them:laugh:she thru my card away into the trash:lolol:no new truck on top of the gator:empathy:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Deere dealer deals

What prompts individual dealers to make these offers? Are the overstocked with newer models? Is the trade in business so good? I never have received a letter like this, at least not yet although my tractor is a 2016 with less extra equipmnet, roughly a few more hours than the OP's model.

Just wondering how this occurs, what trips the trigger locally?

thanks

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Did you have them throw in the ROPS light guards with this one? :lol:

Sounds like you got a good deal too. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I received the letter from my JD dealer two weeks ago regarding their Trade-In program. I put in on the counter. My wife saw it and said I should call them. So, I did.

In 2015, we got a 1025R FILB, with 260 backhoe, a 48" FEL and a 60" deck. Financing was 0% for 72 months.
Since it was their money I was using, I also threw in a 48" box blade, a 54" front blade, an IMatch, a post hole digger and a 48" rotary cutter.

The 1025R has a little over 250 hours on it. One of the warning lights doesn't work due to a tree branch incident early on, and is strapped to the ROPS with a bungee cord. The parking brake stopped working a month ago. I suspect there may be a slight seal leak on one of the lift arms on the 3 point. No major problems, otherwise. The backhoe has less than 2 hours on it, and looks new. The loader has been used, but looks good.

- Equity on top of that.
- New 2018 1025R FILB
- I have 4 years left on my current note - This will be extended to 5 years, and my payment will be lowered by $50/month.

I couldn't pass it up.

I recently got a heck of a deal on a 2 year old Husqvarna 54" zero turn, so I plan on using it for mowing.
Now, I will use the new 1025R a lot less for mowing, so I should save hours on it.
We have 20 acres, but most of them are hilly, so the tractor gets light use out in the woods.

I've read some threads here about this trade in deal, but I'm not prone to remorse once I make a decision. My Deere dealer has been fair to me.
I understand that they will be making money 2 different ways. Good for them -as long as I'm happy with the new equipment.

That 2015 sure has been a good one. View attachment 652882
If you get to keep all your attachments, I agree that this is way too good to pass up. I'd say go for it. Keep us posted.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
:lol: that's a good deal---:good2:now just last week my one chevy dealer sent me something like that for a new pickup--but...........i just bought a new gator-835R---so the wife looked at too-but ..........instead of telling me to call them:laugh:she thru my card away into the trash:lolol:no new truck on top of the gator:empathy:
Sounds good if you like it. I'm in worse shape the BigJim, my wife throws things like that away before I get to see it. :laugh:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Landpro (Deere dealer in NY) is going the same promotion. I got a mailer and a call from the local sales rep on it. My 1025R is only 2 seasons old and highly "customized" so I told him to pound sand. Lol...

Congrats on the upgrade!

·
Corndog Hater
11,771 Posts
Landpro (Deere dealer in NY) is going the same promotion. I got a mailer and a call from the local sales rep on it. My 1025R is only 2 seasons old and highly "customized" so I told him to pound sand. Lol...

Congrats on the upgrade!
Yeah LandPro has been sending me mailers too, no calls though. I’d rather keep my paid for machine and add an X758 to the herd.

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
Yeah LandPro has been sending me mailers too, no calls though. I’d rather keep my paid for machine and add an X758 to the herd.
Me too! In fact I was getting pretty close to buying a used machine from good works tractors when they were active here this past spring. I forget the exact model but is was a 2WD diesel with AWS.

·
Registered
700 Posts

- Equity on top of that.
- New 2018 1025R FILB

I couldn't pass it up.

That 2015 sure has been a good one. View attachment 652882

I'm just surprised that you didn't move up to a bigger 2 series.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would actually love to have a zero turn to go along with the 1025R but my property is so hilly I'd only be able to use the zero turn for maybe 2 of the 4+ acres I have to mow. So I'll settle for one machine I guess.

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had almost 700 hours on a 2014 1025r. I got $11,500 for it and had to pay $5400 for a new 2018 tractor, 54" mower and loader ( I kept my bucket as I had hooks mounted and drilled to hold a cutting edge.) 0% for 60 months. I still owed $1000 which they added to my loan. I could not pass this up. This things retain their value.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I had almost 700 hours on a 2014 1025r. I got $11,500 for it and had to pay $5400 for a new 2018 tractor, 54" mower and loader ( I kept my bucket as I had hooks mounted and drilled to hold a cutting edge.) 0% for 60 months. I still owed $1000 which they added to my loan. I could not pass this up. This things retain their value.
Good for you. Sounds like a good deal. When do you get to bring it home? Post pics! :greentractorride:

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your not gaining anything but 3 years in age and another year of payments. What are the monthly payment totals ? Times that by 12 and you get the replacement cost.
If you went with more horse power or a larger frame it would make sense. Just to have a slightly newer tractor for added expense,...... heck, most of us keep them 10 or more years. This is the reason to buy Deere. Very little expense in repairs and good value at trade time. I vote Nooooooooooooo.

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
Your not gaining anything but 3 years in age and another year of payments. What are the monthly payment totals ? Times that by 12 and you get the replacement cost.
If you went with more horse power or a larger frame it would make sense. Just to have a slightly newer tractor for added expense,...... heck, most of us keep them 10 or more years. This is the reason to buy Deere. Very little expense in repairs and good value at trade time. I vote Nooooooooooooo.
It’s no difference than trading your vehicle in every 3 years for the same model - never makes financial sense but people do it all the time for some reason.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It’s no difference than trading your vehicle in every 3 years for the same model - never makes financial sense but people do it all the time for some reason.

If I had purchased a new 2025R (first gen) when I purchased my used 2520, right now I'd be financially ahead with the repairs. Not to mention, I'd have an exact idea of how it was maintained from day one.

It's just a matter of time before the price of our toys (because that's what they basically are) realign with the financial realities of the general population.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
What are the monthly payment totals ? Times that by 12 and you get the replacement cost. This is not necessarily true. For arguements sake, if your current payment is $250 x 48 remaining = $12000.
OP's deal was lowering his payment by $50 a month. Again using the above scenario, a payment of $200 x 60 = $12000. In OP's situation it makes total financial sense to trade. :gizmo:

Reactions: nastorino

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
If I had purchased a new 2025R (first gen) when I purchased my used 2520, right now I'd be financially ahead with the repairs. Not to mention, I'd have an exact idea of how it was maintained from day one.

It's just a matter of time before the price of our toys (because that's what they basically are) realign with the financial realities of the general population.
How do you know that? The 2025R may have been problematic after the warranty expired and required numerous expensive repairs. The only thing you have in your favor with a new machine is the warranty period. After that both new and used machines are a gamble.

Even when properly maintained new machines can still break (as can used machines).

·
Registered
700 Posts
How do you know that? The 2025R may have been problematic after the warranty expired and required numerous expensive repairs. The only thing you have in your favor with a new machine is the warranty period. After that both new and used machines are a gamble.

Even when properly maintained new machines can still break (as can used machines).

Because the price difference between the two was just a few thousand dollars. Those repairs would have already been covered, with future warranty remaining to spare, unlike my 2520, which will mean MORE out of pocket should something need fixing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts