Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was nothing at the mall that I wanted, so, I went used vehicle shopping,,
I found a CAT 953B,,

The salesman says it needs "cups", I guess that has something to do with the fuel injectors,,
They will fix it,

Is that bad? something that just happens sometimes?

I know nothing about that aspect of the machine,,,

·
Registered
524 Posts
I found a CAT 953B,,

The salesman says it needs "cups", I guess that has something to do with the fuel injectors,,
They will fix it,

Cups go out all the time in this old equipment. Not a big deal. Need new orings and seal kits for injectors. Pull injectors out and you can get to the cups. The cups require a special tool to get them out and install but I’ve seen it done without. If you give me a serial number on the machine I can help you. I’m a supervisor for warren Cat. I used to be a tech as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
524 Posts
I found a CAT 953B,,

They will fix it,

I used to work for Deere as well. Till the beginning of this year.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I used to work for Deere as well. Till the beginning of this year.

Good to see you back. Did you get a new job?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Good to see you back. Did you get a new job?
Yea after my hip replacement I had to quit turning wrenches on equipment. Cat offered me a shop supervisor job where I used to work. Way better money and I’m still around equipment so I had to take it. But I’m still around I haven’t lost my knowledge

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Yea after my hip replacement I had to quit turning wrenches on equipment. Cat offered me a shop supervisor job where I used to work. Way better money and I’m still around equipment so I had to take it. But I’m still around I haven’t lost my knowledge

thats great that you got better opportunities, even though you can't be wrenching on deeres anymore. Maybe someday.:bigthumb:

it may be a lot to ask, but do you happen to have any Deere service literature left over? I've started doing some 'fixin' up' on the side so i'm always looking for stuff like that. don't worry about it if its a problem for you. :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts

Glad to see you back. Need to keep the smart guys around.:good2:

·
Registered
524 Posts
thats great that you got better opportunities, even though you can't be wrenching on deeres anymore. Maybe someday.:bigthumb:

it may be a lot to ask, but do you happen to have any Deere service literature left over? I've started doing some 'fixin' up' on the side so i'm always looking for stuff like that. don't worry about it if its a problem for you. :flag_of_truce:
I don’t have any Deere stuff. It was all on my computer. Deere is very picky about techs having that stuff if you leave the company. I still have my laptop but they cleared all the Deere info when I left. I can still get it from someone if you need something in particular?? I have a lot of close friends still with Deere.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I don’t have any Deere stuff. It was all on my computer. Deere is very picky about techs having that stuff if you leave the company. I still have my laptop but they cleared all the Deere info when I left. I can still get it from someone if you need something in particular?? I have a lot of close friends still with Deere.

I don't have anything at the moment but I'll keep you in mind. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts