Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing all of these new tractors around here really has me wanting one. I spend too much time on Deere.com configuring new machines. The only thing that I really want more of is loader capacity and I'd have to step up quite a bit in machine size to get a lot more of that, so I'm staying with the good ol og 2032r.

I'll take it day by day and get by with time on GTT and Deere.com living through all of the new owners here...

If you're feeling left out, you are welcome here. Come on in. :good2::laugh:

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
How much are the dues? I need some support. LOL

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
I'll join if you let me. I got mine last July but with all these new 2 series around I got the itch. Yes I have the itch but no "scratch" to cover it. I'll join if you let me even if mine has 21hours. :dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
first good thread:bigthumb:

2nd-where the h#$$ is gizmo2 at-:dunno:why hasn't he showed up on here yet--:unknown:aw-wait-could it be he's really hiding that new tractor from us:dunno:

well-i'm in the same damn boat as coaltrain is -so if i was working-and know what i know now-from the last 11 yrs of owning the 2520-yeah-i be swapping mine in for a new ride-yes-sir-ree:good2::greentractorride:

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Sadly, will join the club

As much as I would like/need a new tractor I'm in the club for the foreseeable future. The 790 is the "new" tractor and only has 4xx hours on it. The other two are 10-20 times that. One is still good, the other one is actually pretty sad but still runs and mostly gets done what needs to be done.

If I was able to trade the sadder one I would look for around 80 hp, 4wd, loader with ss bucket, grapple and forks, KBOH, cab, at least two maybe three rear hydraulic sets, rear filled tires. Oh, yeah while I'm dreaming it won't use DEF or need regeneration and I'll still be able to afford it. It ain't gonna happen soon so I'll have plenty of time to change the dream around.

Anybody else in the club have a never, never dream machine?

Treefarmer

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I think you are looking at this issue from the wrong perspective,,, :dunno:

A thread that is contributed to by owners of older tractors,,,,
should feel sorry for those who are required to get a new tractor.

All of the emissions compliance gadgets,, safety gadgets, plastic substitutes, etc,,,
has ruined the newer tractors,,,

Be thankful you have the solid older tractor,,,
no breakdowns,,, no payments,,,
only enjoyment!! :yahoo:

:lolol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,635 Posts
Wouldn't you know it. First reply is someone gloating over their new tractor!!!! :laugh:

Kenny, this is the "NOT getting a new tractor thread!"
:lol: :thumbup1gif:

Good thread Bubber, I'm feeling better already. :thumbup1gif: :lol:
I'm in!

·
Super Moderator
4,835 Posts
Is the secret code phrase "I'm a friend of Bubber's"? :laugh:

I dunno. A 3039r with a cab is still calling my name. Gotta resist swinging by the dealer's lot while I'm out today...

·
Registered
371 Posts

All of the emissions compliance gadgets,, safety gadgets, plastic substitutes, etc,,,

That's me. I don't want a new tractor. Could have bought (most) anything, but I chose a 790 for a reason- simplicity. No computers, no emissions equipment, just tractor. When dad bought his new 5065E, I encouraged him to find one that was either new old stock, or slightly used- just avoid the tier 4 stuff. He found a new, 2014 model. No DPF, but still plenty of electronics to become a nightmare...
I like the old stuff.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
While I'd love a new 2038R I just can't justify spending that kinda money. My old 955 with 700 hours does everything I need it to. Sure a JDQA style loader would be nice. But that can be fabricated. The autocorrect next deck is neat. But I only take my deck of a few times a year and it takes about 10 minutes to put it back on.

I'd love a backhoe for it though. And they are tough to find around here.

But I can always rent a mini excavator when I need that.

So I really can't complain.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
That's me. I don't want a new tractor. Could have bought (most) anything, but I chose a 790 for a reason- simplicity. No computers, no emissions equipment, just tractor. When dad bought his new 5065E, I encouraged him to find one that was either new old stock, or slightly used- just avoid the tier 4 stuff. He found a new, 2014 model. No DPF, but still plenty of electronics to become a nightmare...
I like the old stuff.
This. That is one reason I went with my 955. I can actually work on the thing.

·
Registered
21,128 Posts
Visiting and participatng on this forum every day makes it tough - especially with the new 2 series. But at the end of the day I am still very happy with my now 10 year old 2520 - don't know that I would ever give it up.

Same goes with my now 8 year old pick-up. Maybe it is older age (and certainly the lack of money) but I've become quite attached to my older stuff.

When I bought both they were to be a lifetime purchase and that is holding true - so far......

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
My tractor is 10+ years old and it took all I could muster to pay as much as I did for it a few years ago. If I brought home a new tractor, Sweetie would have a cow!! Of course, the local JD dealer does have an '09 4520 on his lot that would be a sweet upgrade to my 3520! :flag_of_truce: Not gonna do it though... but that exhaust stack coming up through the hood is pretty cool!! :laugh:

One thing that I am glad about is that when I bought, I bought bigger than I'd originally planned on buying. And I've bought plenty of toys that fit on it too. (hmmm, those same toys would also fit on that 4520! :laugh:)

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts

Why do I feel like I've heard that a thousand times before...Images of my mother and my wife just keep swimming around in my head. My old LX 172 is a 1993 model, and has about 1200 hours. The hood disintegrated a long time ago, but she just keeps huffing and puffing and eating the grass. The "Hey, look at me...I'm driving a John Deere" feeling has passed, along with the hood; and I get the distinct feeling that my neighbors are not as jealous as they once were...even if they mow with MTD's and Huskys.

1 - 20 of 325 Posts