Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 328 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,443 Posts
Wouldn't you know it. First reply is someone gloating over their new tractor!!!! :laugh:

Kenny, this is the "NOT getting a new tractor thread!"
:lolol:

Intentional hinting bragification is worthless without pics.
And a foul.
:lolol:

Everybody is welcome here, except for Kenny maybe. :laugh: No passwords, no dues...

Boy, this would be nice...

View attachment 358258
How did you get that off my Favorites link.......

Looking closer it isn't mine. Mine has a lot more drool on it. :mocking:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,541 Posts
Been plotting to get a 4066R for 3 years so far, still plotting.:banghead:

:lol:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
This site has several times made me ponder the thought of "maybe I should have purchased a new tractor" rather than used. It has been awhile since I have used Deere.com to build a tractor but after reading this thread I decided to see what I would be looking at if the itch for a new tractor continued. Now that I have done so, the "build your own" was the Benadryl I needed to sooth the itch. I did not go all out by any means, I went through the options and choose only those that I have on the 3520 and the few that I don't but wished I did. A 3046R Cab, R1 tires, H165 fel, pto options, hydraulic options, and few other add on's came with a MSRP of $47,854.71. The itch is cured!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Why do I feel like I've heard that a thousand times before...Images of my mother and my wife just keep swimming around in my head. My old LX 172 is a 1993 model, and has about 1200 hours. The hood disintegrated a long time ago, but she just keeps huffing and puffing and eating the grass. The "Hey, look at me...I'm driving a John Deere" feeling has passed, along with the hood; and I get the distinct feeling that my neighbors are not as jealous as they once were...even if they mow with MTD's and Huskys.
Let's see how jealous your neighbors are once their production tin stamped models get to 1200 hours of run time.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Have absolutely no desire to own a new tractor. Been cruising all the classifieds for several months and have seen some spectacular deals.
Tractors with 6, 12, 20 hrs etc. Many of those owners moved up to something bigger, or smaller, or newer. Don't expect to see them in this thread! Zero percent sucked them in! :laugh:

Then many "bought this tractor to do this project, project done, time to sell".
Or someone selling a low hour tractor, garage kept, absolutely pristine, due to a death :empathy:
Or virtually new JD on a Kubota lot and vice versa. Traded in.
But best was "Love my tractor more than my wife!...Divorce forces sale" .

I'm happy with the low hour trade in's :good2:

I'm a low hour bottom feeder I guess :lolol:

But, having a used tractor means it's ok if some paint came off, or a small oil drip exists, or a branch scratched the loader arm...etc. Stuff that would send me off the edge with a brand new one!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Have absolutely no desire to own a new tractor. Been cruising all the classifieds for several months and have seen some spectacular deals.
Tractors with 6, 12, 20 hrs etc. Many of those owners moved up to something bigger, or smaller, or newer. Don't expect to see them in this thread! Zero percent sucked them in! :laugh:

Then many "bought this tractor to do this project, project done, time to sell".
Or someone selling a low hour tractor, garage kept, absolutely pristine, due to a death :empathy:
Or virtually new JD on a Kubota lot and vice versa. Traded in.

I'm happy with the low hour trade in's :good2:

I'm a low hour bottom feeder I guess :lolol:

But, having a used tractor means it's ok if some paint came off, or a small oil drip exists, or a branch scratched the loader arm...etc. Stuff that would send me off the edge with a brand new one!

I admittedly took advantage of the "divorce forces sale" on my tractor. 60ish hours with factory stickers still on the bucket and back window of cab. Same goes for my boat and various other items. :hide:

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Just my luck. This thread starts right after I get mine. Well it's a full month old so hopefully I can hang out here. :munch:

I still have the old ones if that helps:unknown:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
It doesn't help at all that Deere did such a darn good job with the new 2 series... But I'm double screwed, I would have to also buy the land to go along with the 5 series I really want.

:gizmo::gizmo::gizmo:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
My willpower is tested every time I go to the dealer.The 1025r TLB keeps calling to me but having the x595 and loader will do.I do spend on attachments that's my weakness.

·
Administrator
20,476 Posts
I'm out. Too much talk of getting a new tractor in here. :doorclose:

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I really need a chipper before a new tractor.
:gizmo:
Not to go off track too much - I just sold my old Bearcat chipper and bought a new WoodMaxx MX-9900. I've only got about an hour on it so far and I still want to go back and shorten the PTO shaft just a bit. So far though, I'M IMPRESSED!!

I know the rules - once I get things adjusted and finalized, I'll post a review. If I'm in the mood, I'll post pics too. :laugh: :hide:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,730 Posts
Too funny! :lol:

I really need a chipper before a new tractor.
Buy a BIG chipper, as in too big for your existing tractor and you're in! You can thank me later. :lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts
Been plotting to get a 4066R for 3 years so far, still plotting.:banghead:

Just say it and get it over with. Your crusty old money will turn to ashes before you get a 4066R. :laugh:

I wouldn't mind the new 2032R but then I'd have to sell this place and buy some flatter land. Thing I'd rather have is more equipment and different equipment that is all iMatch compatible. Hyd. for the back and the front set up for a grapple along with the grapple. Coming up on 800 hours on my 1026 so it's going to be with me for a while. When we got it I told my wife it should be the last tractor we buy. Didn't stop me from getting a brochure of the new 2R series the last time I was at our JD dealer. Have to face it though, if we was to win the lotto there would be one sitting in my barn when not in use. Completely set up the way I would want it with all the toys to go with it. :hide:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Just say it and get it over with. Your crusty old money will turn to ashes before you get a 4066R. :laugh:
I hear moths fly out of his wallet when he opens it.:lol:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,541 Posts

I wouldn't mind the new 2032R but then I'd have to sell this place and buy some flatter land. Thing I'd rather have is more equipment and different equipment that is all iMatch compatible. Hyd. for the back and the front set up for a grapple along with the grapple. Coming up on 800 hours on my 1026 so it's going to be with me for a while. When we got it I told my wife it should be the last tractor we buy. Didn't stop me from getting a brochure of the new 2R series the last time I was at our JD dealer. Have to face it though, if we was to win the lotto there would be one sitting in my barn when not in use. Completely set up the way I would want it with all the toys to go with it. :hide:
Hey, hey dang it, it's not crusty, I prefer to call it antique finish. :nunu:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I admittedly took advantage of the "divorce forces sale" on my tractor. 60ish hours with factory stickers still on the bucket and back window of cab. Same goes for my boat and various other items I may or may not have even wanted but couldn't resist the buy and often the resale of such items. :hide:

KeyShawn -

Before I bought my '05 4720 and FEL almost three years ago, I looked at a 4720/FEL/Backhoe that was involved in a stock ( read "sheet") split. The woman's husband of 38 years was trading her in for a younger model. She told me to direct any offers to her attorney: the whole deal did not appear very amicable to me. I liked the tractor but declined to make an offer as I was not then in a huge hurry to get a backhoe. I cannot remember the hours, they were very low and it was a nice, garage maintained rig.

I feel that I did well, no feelings were needlessly hurt in my tractor purchase,

Brian

·
Old Pa-pa
11,541 Posts
I hear moths fly out of his wallet when he opens it.:lol:
Another wisea$$, who the heck says I open it. :nunu:

Honestly, 4066R = 30% need, 70% luxury.
If the 35 year old IH 274 goes down hard mechannically, I'll buy the 4066, if not it'll have to wait for the mad money supply to build some.
That ain't being tight, I call it being frugal.......:mockery:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
KeyShawn -

Before I bought my '05 4720 and FEL almost three years ago, I looked at a 4720/FEL/Backhoe that was involved in a stock ( read "sheet") split. The woman's husband of 38 years was trading her in for a younger model. She told me to direct any offers to her attorney: the whole deal did not appear very amicable to me. I liked the tractor but declined to make an offer as I was not then in a huge hurry to get a backhoe. I cannot remember the hours, they were very low and it was a nice, garage maintained rig.

I feel that I did well, no feelings were needlessly hurt in my tractor purchase,

Brian
I drove over 8 hours one way from home to get my tractor and didn't know the folks who owned it. If feelings was hurt I sincerely hate it for them but I would drive back and hurt their feelings some more if there was additional attachments. I didn't steal the tractor by any means and made the drive more for a low hour tractor than a bargain price, although the previous owner did not push hard for a healthy amount after payoff to be split with the ex.

21 - 40 of 328 Posts