Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Another wisea$$, who the heck says I open it. :nunu:

:lol:

Honestly, 4066R = 30% need, 70% luxury.
If the 35 year old IH 274 goes down hard mechannically, I'll buy the 4066, if not it'll have to wait for the mad money supply to build some.
That ain't being tight, I call it being frugal.......:mockery:

If I recall the only thing that went down hard on the IH was you.:hide2: The 4066 has nicer steps,and if you get the cab it'll keep you from falling out or getting attacked by hornets.:hornets::lol:

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
KeyShawn -

Before I bought my '05 4720 and FEL almost three years ago, I looked at a 4720/FEL/Backhoe that was involved in a stock ( read "sheet") split. The woman's husband of 38 years was trading her in for a younger model. She told me to direct any offers to her attorney: the whole deal did not appear very amicable to me. I liked the tractor but declined to make an offer as I was not then in a huge hurry to get a backhoe. I cannot remember the hours, they were very low and it was a nice, garage maintained rig.

I feel that I did well, no feelings were needlessly hurt in my tractor purchase,

Brian

Note: New tractors are expensive, trading the wife for a newer model would have to be cheap in comparison. Then there is all the new jewelry and such, makes the attachments seem cheap too.:kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,542 Posts
If I recall the only thing that went down hard on the IH was you.:hide2: The 4066 has nicer steps,and if you get the cab it'll keep you from falling out or getting attacked by hornets.:hornets::lol:
Damn, I wish I could argue the points you made, just damn. :flag_of_truce:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,443 Posts
We might have to rename this thread.

It sounds more like:

"I WANT a new tractor - but I can want in this hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first" thread. :lol:

While I am jealous of all the new :kidw_truck_smiley:, justifying a new tractor is going to be hard. Especially when I like what I have and it is setup the way I want it.

I confess that I am "looking". Adding up the work I will need to do over the course of several years, I can justify a backhoe.

I can pay cash for a backhoe or use the cash for a down payment...... Before I can run those numbers, I need to see what new costs. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Where it goes off the deep end - I keep looking at something bigger..... and that means that I need to upgrade implements. :nunu:

Then I need to re-outfit the new toy with all of the stuff I have already added, like Ken's Hooks, Pirhana toothbar, extra lighting...

So I am still in the not getting a new tractor group.

I am not alone in the I want a new tractor group.

and there is only a slim chance in he!! that I will get a new tractor.

I may be in the getting a new attachment group.

All this said, I am definitely in the "I like what I've got" group.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,730 Posts

It sounds more like:

"I WANT a new tractor - but I can want in this hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first" thread. :lol:

While I am jealous of all the new :kidw_truck_smiley:, justifying a new tractor is going to be hard. Especially when I like what I have and it is setup the way I want it.

I confess that I am "looking". Adding up the work I will need to do over the course of several years, I can justify a backhoe.

I can pay cash for a backhoe or use the cash for a down payment...... Before I can run those numbers, I need to see what new costs. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Where it goes off the deep end - I keep looking at something bigger..... and that means that I need to upgrade implements. :nunu:

Then I need to re-outfit the new toy with all of the stuff I have already added, like Ken's Hooks, Pirhana toothbar, extra lighting...

Never hurts to be prepared I always say, well not ALWAYS, actually just now.:lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts

It sounds more like:

I'm taking the long approach to a 1025r by buying attachments that will work with both the x595 and a 1025r so down the road I won't have to get a lot of extras.:good2:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I haven't bought a new tractor since last March (2016) when I bought my 1025r. Hold me.

·
Registered
11,998 Posts

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
That's a reason

Don't really want a "new" tractor, just more NTM tractors, I only have six tractors right now! :lolol:
You've given me a reason to start looking. I'm several tractors behind!

Treefarmer

·
Registered
22,059 Posts
I ordered a Woodmaxx chipper today. That's a good enough reason to not buy a new tractor, I guess.
Good for you! Boy is that something I could use right now.....

I am also looking at implements to make life a little easier for me - or to just be able to keep up with the place.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I ordered a Woodmaxx chipper today. That's a good enough reason to not buy a new tractor, I guess.
Which one did you get? I got my MX-9900 a few weeks ago. I've used it a little bit, but still need to shorten the PTO shaft by 1.5". Will be doing that today or tomorrow and hope to really put the new chipper to work over the weekend.

·
Administrator
17,552 Posts
I ordered the MX-8800.I figure it'll be big enough for my tractor. We'll see once it gets here. I'm not sure when it will arrive, I don't have a delivery date yet.
BUT is it big enough for your NEXT tractor?

:LOL:

41 - 60 of 328 Posts