Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now here's something to really think about! I think you're gonna' like this'un! -BH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephen Covey said, “When you pick up one end of the stick, you pick up the other!”

Subject: THE IMPORTANCE OF TEAM NAME CHANGE

I agree with our Native American population. I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend and, in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

SOOOOO,....let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive. Gone! It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives.

I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates! The Pittsburgh Steelers? That's still OK as long as the name isn't misspelled.

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children.

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates. Wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers---well that goes without saying. Wrong message to our children.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing congress loves.

With all of this in mind, it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
The Oregon State "Beavers"....? No kiddin'?:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Now here's something to really think about! I think you're gonna' like this'un! -BH

With all of this in mind, it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers. :laugh:
Great post.

I want to see Oregon State vs North Carolina.

Beavers vs Cocks.....classic

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
The local High School team where I'm at is the Golden Beavers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exit 69 on I-75 through Detroit is the Big Beaver exit....the highway even takes a strange jog which adds the extra mile to make it 69 instead of 68.......but I digress....:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Exit 69 on I-75 through Detroit is the Big Beaver exit....the highway even takes a strange jog which adds the extra mile to make it 69 instead of 68.......but I digress....:laugh:
You know when you are from MI when you know the 3 other names for Big Beaver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,674 Posts
Great post and I'm so sick of this non-issue over the Redskins name. Colorado's Demwit senators followed Harry Reid's condemnation of the Washington Redskins name; but when asked about local high school team names such as "Savages, Warriors, Indians, etc" their response was that it was a local issue.

Don't forget the Chicago Blackhawks hockey team.

Here is what I sent my two worthless senators concerning the Redskins name. I also sent a copy to the NFL and the Redskins too. By the way, I'm not a sports fan and football (fartball as I call it) bores me to death.

-----------------------------------------

50 Democrats urge the NFL to rename the Washington Redskins
50 Democrats urge the NFL to rename the Washington Redskins - CBS News

Don’t you clowns have anything better to do?

As far as I’m concerned I don’t see anything wrong with the team’s name, and many Americans feel the same way.

I shouldn’t have to remind you; but it seems that the collective mini-minds making up the Senate’s brain-trust needs a reminder. The Washington Redskins football team is a private business, and it is none of the government’s concern over how they conduct their operations as long as nothing illegal is being done. If you don’t like the team’s name; then buy the team as private citizens and run it as you see fit. Can’t afford it? Then don’t patronize the team in any shape, form or fashion as no one is making you watch their games and buy their merchandise. There are plenty of other football teams to choose from.

I’m sure the Redskins’ owner would be glad to drop the “Washington” in the team’s name; thereby depriving D.C. (District of Criminals) the free plug for the nation’s capitol every time their name is mentioned or seen. Also, I’m sure there are plenty of other cities that would love to have a NFL team, and wouldn’t be making a Politically Correct stink over a non-issue.

And Congress wonders why Americans have such a low opinion of that branch of government, and every member within.

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
Great post and I'm so sick of this non-issue over the Redskins name. Colorado's Demwit senators followed Harry Reid's condemnation of the Washington Redskins name; but when asked about local high school team names such as "Savages, Warriors, Indians, etc" their response was that it was a local issue.

Don't forget the Chicago Blackhawks hockey team.

Here is what I sent my two worthless senators concerning the Redskins name. I also sent a copy to the NFL and the Redskins too. By the way, I'm not a sports fan and football (fartball as I call it) bores me to death.

-----------------------------------------

50 Democrats urge the NFL to rename the Washington Redskins
50 Democrats urge the NFL to rename the Washington Redskins - CBS News

Don’t you clowns have anything better to do?

As far as I’m concerned I don’t see anything wrong with the team’s name, and many Americans feel the same way.

I shouldn’t have to remind you; but it seems that the collective mini-minds making up the Senate’s brain-trust needs a reminder. The Washington Redskins football team is a private business, and it is none of the government’s concern over how they conduct their operations as long as nothing illegal is being done. If you don’t like the team’s name; then buy the team as private citizens and run it as you see fit. Can’t afford it? Then don’t patronize the team in any shape, form or fashion as no one is making you watch their games and buy their merchandise. There are plenty of other football teams to choose from.

I’m sure the Redskins’ owner would be glad to drop the “Washington” in the team’s name; thereby depriving D.C. (District of Criminals) the free plug for the nation’s capitol every time their name is mentioned or seen. Also, I’m sure there are plenty of other cities that would love to have a NFL team, and wouldn’t be making a Politically Correct stink over a non-issue.

And Congress wonders why Americans have such a low opinion of that branch of government, and every member within.

I couldn't agree more...this whole new class of people who are just looking to be offended over anything to make the news is getting old.

Rush had a great solution to this whole thing, he suggested they keep the name and just change the logo and mascot to a potato :lol:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Rush had a great solution to this whole thing, he suggested they keep the name and just change the logo and mascot to a potato :lol:
"THE D.C. SPUDS" It does kinda have a ring to it, don't it! :usa

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
If I owned the Redskins I'd do just what they are doing and then about mid summer "give in" to politcal pressure. Change the name and make millions selling all the old branded crap as collectable and then another fortune selling all the new gear so all the fans have the latest branded crap. Doesn't this already happen to NASCAR fans? They have to buy new stuff every couple years as sponsors change so why wouldn't the Not for Profit NFL want to cash in?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Cowboy, you should be proud. Cowboy fan, you have to wait till the Tony & Jerry show leaves town. I always hated the "America's Team" label but Roger and Tom et all were a class act

·
Premium Member
7,674 Posts
Now that's a great idea!

But I'll bet some Politically Correct People's-Republic-of-Boulder tofu-warrior will cry foul and claim that naming a football team after a specific spud type is discriminating against all other potato varieties. Don't laugh, it could happen as some of the fruits-n-nuts in Boulder had a candlelight vigil for a trophy elk roaming the neighborhoods up there that a cop poached while on duty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts