Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my trailer up here to move 'Her"[50miles] And, I wasn't as hair raising, as I thought! Ya see, I've got that 16' Triton Aluminum trailer with the brake system, and I have the brake controller, but never got it wired! So thus, no trailer brakes. It was a pretty easy ride, I know the "M" doesn't weigh that much, but the tires are 'loaded', so I do have some weight. Well at 53-55 mph, she's at her new home! Now to finish the barn with doors and a concrete floor, and 'voila', a work shop! As few know at my workplace, After 47 yrs, I've put in my retirement papers. I've only told a few close friend, of which, I consider you guys in that bunch! So, now to get the barn weather-tite and some power run, I should be in business! It's with mixed emotions that I leave my employer after such a long 'ride'! But I think it's time! Took 'her' over to neighbors, to let them 'fawn' over it! I think I made the right move with the "M" purchase, and the retirement decision............We'll see..~~Scotty

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
Awesome Scotty! Hope retirement brings you many years of fun and enjoyment. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
47 years? wow,that has to be tough to let go....I mean,even if you didnt like it,it would be like a bad habit and hard to quit.

We are looking forward to your project too!
Congrats !
Randy

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
We need one of those BIG annoying "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES" smilies here. Good luck on your projects. Sounds like you will be busy for a while.

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
:ttiwwp:

There you go T-mo!

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
I can't wait to see this M of Scotty's! :good2:

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
I'm also can't wait to see this M. In the meantime Scotty can enjoy this old brochure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Congrats Scotty, on both the M and retirement!!!!!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Doggone, you guys are relentless........!!!!

I promise you pictures of the "M" at her new home, and maybe some of my 'tears' at the retirement party! I can't begin to tell you my trepidation that this retirement move has cause in my "psychi"! I deal with literely 100's of Surveyors, Engineering firms Utilities, Municipalities, etc. Every time I answer the phone, It's either "Hi, Scotty" or a call made, would be me saying " Hi, This is Scotty" and they know who I am! It's a great feeling, and although it took 47yrs to build up such a rapport, I gotta tell ya, It's gonna be hard to walk away from................! Other 'One named' personalities, 'Sting', 'Madonna', did it in much less time, ................But I'm slow........ ~S

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
well....Gizmo and I are still waiting for the "final" pics of the shop. So ....as Hoss Cartwright use to say "hop too Hopsing" . :laugh:
My dad always told me after he retired was, he didnt know how he used to find time to work.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
well....
Gizmo and I are still waiting for the "final" pics of the shop.
So ....as Hoss Cartwright use to say "hop too Hopsing" . :laugh:
My dad always told me after he retired was, he didnt know how he used to find time to work.
Yeah :munch:

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How many of us rememember ....................

Hoss, or Hopsing............(Sorry way, way off topic) We were touring some jobs the other day with an intern. Somehow the topic came up about "Wild Kingdom" with Marlin Perkin and Jim! The upshot was that everytime Jim got his butt in deep doo doo, Marlin would say something like "While Jim wrestles the panther from his neather regions, I'll return to camp to see if our Ramen Noodle supply is adequate! And just as Jim need his Steel Cup, you too need the protection of Mutual of Ohmaha......." The intern was clueless................but we had fun! Now back to the regularly scheduled JD "M" thread........~ S

·
Registered
12,077 Posts
Scotty:

I had the same feelings as you when I retired from the Army Reserve after 30 years. I dreaded walking out the door for the last time. For the last couple years, I worried about how I might react in front of the Soldiers. I didn't want them to see their CSM with tears running down his cheeks. All went well, and as someone else said, I don't know how I got everything done being home one weekend a month. Now, I'm home every weekend and I still can't get everything done. Congratualtions, that is a hell of a record to be proud of.

Don

1 - 20 of 52 Posts