Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scraped a driveway this afternoon for a friend of mine, it was washed out some in a few places because of all the pop up thunderstorms we have had the last month or so. The land plane is the bees knees! I scraped it for him back in November with the box blade I used to have, I thought it did good but the land plane was much better and faster! It cut the hump out of the middle in no time flat and then I started filling in the washed out spots. I wish I had pictures but I had to work fast because another pop up thunder shower was moving in towards the end. Only complaint I have is that the 1025r didn’t want to handle the plane when both blades were pulling a full load of gravel, I ran out of traction going up hill and would have to lift the plane a little. I should have put the suit case weights on the front instead of assuming that the bucket would be enough weight for the front.

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660
Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
Victory EF155 flail mower

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I haven't had time to play with mine yet its still strapped on the pallet and needs to be put together

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I haven't had time to play with mine yet its still strapped on the pallet and needs to be put together
Same here although i did put mine together and threw a tarp over it.
I should be done on this job in June so i'm planning on a long vacation, ordering about 3 loads of crushed concrete, and land planing my butt off.:lol:

·
Premium Member
9,166 Posts
Scraped a driveway this afternoon for a friend of mine, it was washed out some in a few places because of all the pop up thunderstorms we have had the last month or so. The land plane is the bees knees! I scraped it for him back in November with the box blade I used to have, I thought it did good but the land plane was much better and faster! It cut the hump out of the middle in no time flat and then I started filling in the washed out spots. I wish I had pictures but I had to work fast because another pop up thunder shower was moving in towards the end. Only complaint I have is that the 1025r didn’t want to handle the plane when both blades were pulling a full load of gravel, I ran out of traction going up hill and would have to lift the plane a little. I should have put the suit case weights on the front instead of assuming that the bucket would be enough weight for the front.
The hump in the middle is called the crown. It should be slight, but the angle from the crown to the edge allows for the water to run off to the side.

·
Registered
635 Posts
^^ Roger that on the crown ^^ tilt the land plane a bit and make a couple of passes on each side to restore the crown (assuming it's gone.)

A land plane is on my shopping list :good2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts