Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Wear shooters ear protection, I keep a pair in my cab.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Don't think so, I put the cab on shortly after I got the tractor in 2013 and run around without the doors during the summer. The winter, I think it is noisier, but that maybe just the snow blower adding to the noise. I only ran the tractor for a couple of weeks before the dealer delivered the cab to my place and I installed it shortly after that and it has never been off since.

Reactions: GreenCurtZ

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Does anyone know how to quiet down a 1025r?
Can you explain what is too loud?
Tractor, mower, hydraulics?
Too loud for you (the operator)? or the neighbors?

I don't think anyone has complained about being too noisy before.

Reactions: Cdub and Mackford13

· Registered
1,179 Posts
I wear ear muffs when operating any of my JD machines and not just the diesels, but the Ztrak and the Gator as well.

· Registered
2019 1025r TLB, 2017 X590 54" deck, thatcher, cart collection system
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you explain what is too loud?
Tractor, mower, hydraulics?
Too loud for you (the operator)? or the neighbors?

I don't think anyone has complained about being too noisy before.
The engine- yes my neighbor says its loud, but so is his dog barking and I don't say anything about that!

· Registered
2,142 Posts
Too loud? It's a tractor. Equipment makes noise lol. I sometimes wear my Galaxy Bud Pro's with the active noise cancellation turned on. Other times I set them to ambient sound mode so I can hear the machine working. Depends on what I'm doing. Either way, the sound is an acceptable level.

Really I don't mind the sound of the tractor. It's just when I'm mowing I usually wear the buds, cause that mower can be pretty loud.

· Registered
2022 JD 1025R, 120R Loader, SB1154 snowblower, 54" mid-mower, HLA 900 lbs forks, RedRock quick hitch
414 Posts
Isotunes. I dont operate any of my tractors without hearing protection. It is MUCH more comfortable.

-Eli
I forgot to put mine today, the tuque wasn't enough to block the noise. Plus with the snowblower, need run the engine over 3000 RPM to get 540. For loader work, I'm usually at 2000, so that's not as loud.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts