Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this thread here, in the hauling forum with the specific intent of helping fellow GTT'er, ***********, who is often called **. As some of you may be aware, WB is a Veteran and recently, he had both legs amputated about 4" beneath the knees . He has a 1025r tractor that he calls Betsy, which is something he really enjoys using. He was very concerned about using Betsy once he returned home following his surgery.

I mentioned on the Good Morning thread, where ** regularly posted prior to his surgery and occasionally since the operation as he is able, that I am going to provide a new Ken's Bolt on Hook's Cab Step for **'s tractor in the hopes this will help him with his new prosthetics regain his ability to climb onto the operator platform and run his tractor once again.

JDForever, contacted me and indicated he would also like to help ** in his return to home and using his tractor. JDForever is going to provide the new 1 series assist handle which is soon to be released by Ken at Ken's Bolt on Hooks. JDF and I were corresponding via PM's and email and discussing this issue when he suggested starting a thread where we could coordinate the offers of assistance or any items which ** would find helpful.

We wanted a place in the public forum where we could have this discussion but that ** was unlikely to discover in his normal Use of GTT. From what I have heard from Jason (Dieselshadow), ** usually stays within the categories of the "Other" threads and Implements and Attachments and the SCUT categories. I came up with the idea speaking with JDF that we would "Hide our Thread to help ** in Plain Sight", and after consideration of a host of facts which I won't get into, I chose the hauling forum because it's not widely used and ** doesn't visit this thread.

So, here we are. I don't know when he is going to be released from rehabilitation and returning home. He has a very "Long Haul" ahead of him on his road to his new normal with his prosthetic lower leg limbs. I felt providing him with the step would be an emotional uplifting experience for him and encourage him to regain the use of Betsy again.

JDF is spot on that the assistance handle(s) are also going to be very important. While this thread was launched to help coordinate the effort to provide ** with these items to encourage him and also provide practical assistance for his use of the machine, I am sure there are numerous other things and ways which those interested at GTT could provide some motivation and practical assistance.

Other ideas I had included the Heavy Hitch trash can cart hauling bracket(s). If I recall, the very last thing ** wrote that he did with Betsy the day before he went into the hospital was to use Betsy to haul the trash carts to the curb and it seems like he may have even posted a picture of the tractor with the carts in the bucket, if I recall. This would be a safer and easier way to complete this task.

So, fellow GTT'ers, if you are interested in helping ** in any way, large or small, this is a thread to share ideas, discuss the plans each of us may have to help and also avoid efforts which could result in duplication of items or providing items which he may already have, etc.

Consider this an open discussion for asking questions, making suggestions and even getting and giving ideas of assistance for **.

I don't know ************ other than having "spoken" very briefly among threads here on GTT. I will work on getting his address and contact information and perhaps, even making contact with his wife so she can give us some insight and ideas and suggestions.

Please don't mention any details of this in the open threads, let's just refer to it as "The Long Haul". I would like to make as much of this as we can a surprise for ** once he returns home, which at this point, I haven't heard when he thought that might be.

As many of you know, my wife and I like to send animal friends we make on GTT nice little surprise packages during the holidays and at other special times or events. I am pretty sure ** has a dog as well, and if so, we will be sending his K9 companion a little gift box as ** has been away for some time and it would likely brighten the pups day as well.

I am going to go into the Good Morning thread and contact those who have already contacted me about helping ** in some manner so they can come over to this thread and post thoughts or ideas and share information.

** is a fellow GTT'er, an American Veteran and someone who had endured some very serious medical issues and some extremely tough times with what he is going through. His posts on GTT have remained positive and considering what he is going through, remarkably positive. He has a very good attitude about the entire process and he has been looking ahead to the next chapter in his life when he and his wife return home. If we can help him establish his new normal routine and regain the use of Betsy the tractor as well as any other ideas or assistance, lets do what we can to help.

You know, even doing something nice for his wife, Mrs. ** would be a very good idea. ** has posted about how worried about her he has been and how she always has a valiant attitude and in control demeanor when she is with him, he worries about the stress on her and her struggling to deal with all of this when they are apart. So, perhaps something to help Mrs. ** and to remind her that they have friends here on GTT who are thinking of them.

I am going to ask that each person either forward their own items to **, have something drop shipped to him or forwarded to him directly. I don't need to be in the middle of any gifts or whatever someone may have in mind. I do want to make sure he is home before anything is sent or done. The last thing I want is for our good intentions to be a burden on ** or his wife in anyway.

Thanks for listening and I hope we can help ** regain his independence and the use of Betsy once again and do something special for both ** and Mrs. **. :bigthumb: Thanks for anything you can do and even sharing ideas and thoughts.

(Mrs. Bear and I will see that the ** K9 kids are provided with something special, as well, that's Mrs. Bear's specialty).

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Something to consider. There are modifications that his home needs to have done and it sounds like some of this will be done by the VA??? but that sounded odd to me. Either way could a account be set up where we could do a donation because I am sure there are many things that would make his adjustment easier. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something to consider. There are modifications that his home needs to have done and it sounds like some of this will be done by the VA??? but that sounded odd to me. Either way could a account be set up where we could do a donation because I am sure there are many things that would make his adjustment easier. Just a thought.
I am sure the list of needs is long. A Go Fund Me account or something similar would likely be the best for such donations. But to be honest, I feel that needs to be handled by someone close to him and who knows him well. I am not qualified to get into his personal matters as my only real knowledge and exposure is limited to interactions here on GTT.

Unless someone has other ideas how to handle the account. I would prefer to not be directly involved in that aspect of any assistance and help for WB. It requires personal knowledge and details which are simply unknown to me. Also, such efforts would require coordination with his wife and with VA's involvement and other agencies he has mentioned and the complex rules for qualifying for such assistance, I wouldn't want to inadvertently disqualify them for something they may have worked hard to set up.

That's why I decided to focus on helping him with Betsie and leaving the rest to family and friends to set up such an account.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I have not been a member here all that long. Heck, I dont even have a tractor yet (because Imi still 388 days away from retirement) :greentractorride:
Yet even in my short time here, I've learned SOOOO much and know exactly what tractor I'm leaning towards due to the help I've received here already (and yes Sulley, it WILL have a Mauser cab on it :bigthumb:) ...... either by questions I've asked or just reading all the new daily threads. There are so many of you whose names I now recognize on a daily basis and look forward to reading.

But, its stories like this one that make people want to come together to help. And while I can't say I recall any particular topics by WB, the fact that you've told his story will definitely make people want to help.

As a mechanic by trade, I wish I could be close to him to help him out, with any sort of modifications on his tractor or his home but as we are all in different parts of the country, that just isn't practical....... and that's why this suggestion by @Herminator hits the nail on the head...........
Either way could a account be set up where we could do a donation because I am sure there are many things that would make his adjustment easier. Just a thought.
Its an excellent suggestion, and something Id be honored to contribute to. :usa:

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not been a member here all that long. Heck, I dont even have a tractor yet (because Imi still 388 days away from retirement) :greentractorride:
Yet even in my short time here, I've learned SOOOO much and know exactly what tractor I'm leaning towards due to the help I've received here already (and yes Sulley, it WILL have a Mauser cab on it :bigthumb:) ...... either by questions I've asked or just reading all the new daily threads. There are so many of you whose names I now recognize on a daily basis and look forward to reading.

But, its stories like this one that make people want to come together to help. And while I can't say I recall any particular topics by WB, the fact that you've told his story will definitely make people want to help.

As a mechanic by trade, I wish I could be close to him to help him out, with any sort of modifications on his tractor or his home but as we are all in different parts of the country, that just isn't practical....... and that's why this suggestion by @Herminator hits the nail on the head...........

Its an excellent suggestion, and something Id be honored to contribute to. :usa:
We have a number of GTT members in WB's area of the country and perhaps one or more of them know him and much more about his situation. Hopefully, one of those people will be able to assist in such a manner and provide the back story and other important information to really do that type of "assistance plan" correctly.

There have been a few GTT members who have had situations where they needed some financial help. In those cases, I have just sent them a Prepaid VISA Gift card that didn't have inappropriate fees and time limits. They can use the gift card any way they need it as a debit card and it prevents a check from having to be deposited and frankly, providing personal identification details I didn't want to share. They haven't been big Prepaid Cards, between $100 and $400, but they were appreciated and put to use.

In one case, the situation changed and the original issue for which the member sought funds turned out couldn't be performed (it was a medical procedure) and the member contacted me and wanted to know if I wanted him to return the card because the need for which he had requested it changed. I told him to keep it and use it in other helpful ways, which they appreciated.

I was impressed he honestly shared the change in situation and asked about keeping the card. Just because that need changed, I am sure other needs exist.

So perhaps the gift cards are a way to send such assistance to WB or anyone else who may need it. The cards are good virtually everywhere and I kept a copy of all the information in case it was lost, etc. it could be replaced. Its a way to send the money and not have the 5% to 10% in fees taken which some of the fundraiser programs and products charge.

But I will be the first to admit this isn't an area I spend any time learning about. My main goal was to make a contribution to help but I also wanted to maintain my anonymity and privacy and avoid the costs of some of the other programs.

I am sure some will have other ideas and other methods. That's why I wanted to start this discussion.....

Just so you know, we don't have a ""Mandatory retirement to have a tractor "" rule anymore. Many of us are still employed and a few are even still working and contributing members to society.....So, feel free to add the machine to the toybox inventory any day.....and of course, post pictures....they are a requirement....:laugh::good2:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Sulley,

I contacted Ken @Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks earlier today informing him of my intention to purchase his new 1 series grab handle (when available) to be direct shipped to Wentonbrown.

Greg
aka:jdforever

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Just so you know, we don't have a ""Mandatory retirement to have a tractor "" rule anymore. Many of us are still employed and a few are even still working and contributing members to society.....So, feel free to add the machine to the toybox inventory any day.....and of course, post pictures....they are a requirement....:laugh::good2:
Unfortunately, my current home is 30x30 on a 50x100 lot. Single car garage thats packed to the gills. And the garage door opening wouldnt allow a SCUT inside unless I took the ROPS or in my case, the cab off. so the Mrs and I will begin our house hunting early this summer, with the idea that we should find out dream retirement home (with at least 2 acres.....thus the need for the tractor) As it stands right now, I use a push mower once a week on our current property and it takes a whopping 20 minutes to do so..... until we retire, I simply cant even fit a SCUT on my property. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: But, that day's a coming.

Lastly, if you can share his mailing info somehow, or want someone to be the holder of gift cards like you suggested, then Id be in for something that way as well. :good2:

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I know the general area where WB lives. I am about 80 miles away and would be happy to go to his place and install the step and grab handle. I need an address to find his house though. Let me know if you would like me to do that. I think it might be difficult for him to mount the step because the factory installed bolts can be tough to break loose.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what part of the country is WB located...i may have missed it in the OP
I know the general area where WB lives. I am about 80 miles away and would be happy to go to his place and install the step and grab handle. I need an address to find his house though. Let me know if you would like me to do that. I think it might be difficult for him to mount the step because the factory installed bolts can be tough to break loose.
He has his location listed as Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. I have to obtain his mailing address and other details and then will provide them, once I get them, to those interested via Private Messages to avoid violating his privacy with a public web posting.

Please understand, everyone, we are in the early stages of this and its going to be a little time as I have to figure out a way to contact his wife, who I also don't even know her name, to get these details. So, everyone, please be patient.

Don, you are a heck of a guy and I sincerely appreciate your offer. We will stay in touch on this issue and I expect it could be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months before we are ready for such a trip and generous offer of assistance. Thanks again, Don.....

The step requires a 24mm socket and a torque wrench capable of 233 foot pounds of torque for the loader bolts, so you will need to make sure to have an extra Gizmo morning diner donut that day....
...:laugh::good2:

I just looked up Stroudsburg, PA on the Google Maps and it is right on Interstate 80, west of Newark, NJ about 65 miles and its also 41 miles north of Allentown, PA. It's also 295 miles east of Pittsburg, Pa.

It's only about 700 miles east of where I am......:laugh::mocking:

This thread is only about 12 hours old and already, the responses and input have been wonderful. Thank you everyone who has contacted me here, via PM, email and in other ways....

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sulley,

I contacted Ken @Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks earlier today informing him of my intention to purchase his new 1 series grab handle (when available) to be direct shipped to Wentonbrown.

Greg
aka:jdforever
Greg,

Thank you for your kind offer. I plan to have Kenny drop ship the step for me directly to Wenton Brown once everything is ready and we know he is home and the timing is right.

Please do what you can, as we discussed in our private correspondence on this matter, to bring this issue to the attention of others here on GTT and even elsewhere. As I stated in the other message from this AM, this is very much in the early stages still and there is going to be some time before we are ready to launch this plan.

Also, thank you for all of the input and suggestions about posting this thread. Jason, (aka Diesel Shadow) also is well aware of this and said he could relocate the thread, if necessary, for some reason. But one of the most important parts of why I selected this location for the thread is according to DS, WB doesn't visit this thread and focuses his activity in the Other topics, SCUTS, Implements and Attachments areas.

There was also some talk about putting this thread in the section behind the Politics banner as he doesn't visit that area and another benefit would be the thread postings in a password protected area won't show up in the postings banner to the right of the forum screen. But I was concerned being behind the password might prevent some from visiting the site as I have noticed GTT'ers mention over the years that they won't wander into the political thread area because they try to avoid such issues and instead, want positive, uplifting and happy, encouraging messages such as this thread.......:good2: So, this was my decision and if we need to revisit it for some reason, we certainly can.

Heck, I just mentioned I wanted to help by offering WB a cab step, which I have very subtly and quietly promoted here on GTT with a rather subtle and occasional mention of it's benefits and all of a sudden, I am spear heading this campaign for WB.....:dunno: I sure didn't see this one coming.....:laugh::lol:

Seriously, I don't mind and any little thing I can do to help WB during this very difficult time, I am glad to do it. I am just typing a few words where others are willing to drive distances to help and other tremendous offerings from and for our fellow GTT'er.......

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately, my current home is 30x30 on a 50x100 lot. Single car garage thats packed to the gills. And the garage door opening wouldnt allow a SCUT inside unless I took the ROPS or in my case, the cab off. so the Mrs and I will begin our house hunting early this summer, with the idea that we should find out dream retirement home (with at least 2 acres.....thus the need for the tractor) As it stands right now, I use a push mower once a week on our current property and it takes a whopping 20 minutes to do so..... until we retire, I simply cant even fit a SCUT on my property. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: But, that day's a coming.

Lastly, if you can share his mailing info somehow, or want someone to be the holder of gift cards like you suggested, then Id be in for something that way as well. :good2:
I was just ribbing you about your comment about "not even having a tractor yet." We certainly understand. It must exciting with all of the changes just ahead of you. Plus, as you know, most here on GTT are "Great Spenders of other Gtt'ers Money"........:lolol:

Looking forward to the day you share the pictures and details of your upcoming purchases.....:good2:

I assure you, once you get on the 2 acres plus, it won't be 20 minutes with the push mower, which I am sure is just fine with you.....Just make sure you have plenty of room to store all of the new tractor goodies. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Summary of Pledges of items to assist WB, thus far as of the time stamp on this post......

1. - JD Forever - KBOH 1 series assist handle for left side of tractor on loader frame

2. - SulleyBear - KBOH 1 series Cab tractor step (I selected this step as it's longer and larger and I think will be easier for him to use)

3. - DRobinson - Offer to travel to WB's home and install the step and handle.

I am providing this list solely to keep everyone up to date on the specific items which have been pledged.

Others have kindly and generously offered to provide financial assistance and I am going to leave those up to either the donor to directly send WB the gift or if someone else establishes a formal dedicated account to receive such generous gifts. Please don't think I am overlooking such kind offers. I just want to provide a succinct summary of the items which are pledged to be sent to WB so we avoid duplication, etc.

I just want those interested to know which items have been pledged in a summary form, instead of having to pour through the threads trying to determine who is offering what for WB.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for other items which would be helpful to WB, please feel free to suggest those items in this thread.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Sully - THANK YOU for thinking outside the box on this. As I've been reading WB's posts over the last several weeks, I've been impressed by his strength and attitude. I've also had fleeting thoughts of "I wish there was something I could do for the guy", but they've never gotten past the "fleeting thoughts stage". I appreciate you taking things one step further. Of course, thinking outside the box is what you do best!! :good2:

I like the idea of getting him something to haul his trashcans with. But, in looking at his profile, he has a backhoe so using the HeavyHitch can hauler is going to necessitate removing the hoe. My first thought was to go with the can hauler that attaches to the EdgeTamers, but his signature lists that he has a WR Long Flat Toothbar. Chances are that in order to use the EdgeTamers Can Movers he'd have to attach and detatch them each time.

I have one of these (sorry - it's from Titan :hide:) that I don't use any more. The Heavy Hitch can hauler will fit into any standard receiver, so it should work with this. Using this would still entail him having to remove his bucket, but I don't see any mention of him having any hydraulic FEL attachments (grapple, etc.) where he'd have to mess with hoses, so swapping between the bucket and this would be pretty quick with the JDQA.

If the consensus of the group is that this is workable solution for him, I'd be happy to donate my receiver adapter to the cause and I'll have it shipped to him using something like FedEx Freight where they'll drop it off at his door. I just will need an address which will turn up eventually. If y'all think it's a dumb idea, I won't be offended. I'm still just sipping my first cup of coffee right now and haven't been sleeping well the past several nights, so it could very well be a dumb idea. :laugh:

I did also notice in his signature that he has "My design cab step" listed. He doesn't appear to have a cab, but does anyone know what that is? I remember a thread a while back where someone designed and fabricated a really cool automatically retracting step for a 1-series. Was that WB? If it was, we do run the risk of offending him by replacing his step with Kenny's design, BUT, Kenny's step would probably be better for him. The retractable step requires a little higher step up in order to lower it for use. Kenny's step would be in a fixed position and, presumably, be easier to use.

Again, Sully, thank you for getting the ball rolling. And, Don, thank you for your generous offer to install the new step for him. You're both good men!

EDIT/UPDATE: Here is the thread where WB made his step. While it worked well for him, Kenny's will probably serve him better. In that thread he mentions wanting to get a Curtis cab at some point, and I'm pretty sure that Kenny's step will work with that as well.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Greg,

Thank you for your kind offer. I plan to have Kenny drop ship the step for me directly to Wenton Brown once everything is ready and we know he is home and the timing is right.

Please do what you can, as we discussed in our private correspondence on this matter, to bring this issue to the attention of others here on GTT and even elsewhere. As I stated in the other message from this AM, this is very much in the early stages still and there is going to be some time before we are ready to launch this plan.

Also, thank you for all of the input and suggestions about posting this thread. Jason, (aka Diesel Shadow) also is well aware of this and said he could relocate the thread, if necessary, for some reason. But one of the most important parts of why I selected this location for the thread is according to DS, WB doesn't visit this thread and focuses his activity in the Other topics, SCUTS, Implements and Attachments areas.

There was also some talk about putting this thread in the section behind the Politics banner as he doesn't visit that area and another benefit would be the thread postings in a password protected area won't show up in the postings banner to the right of the forum screen. But I was concerned being behind the password might prevent some from visiting the site as I have noticed GTT'ers mention over the years that they won't wander into the political thread area because they try to avoid such issues and instead, want positive, uplifting and happy, encouraging messages such as this thread.......:good2: So, this was my decision and if we need to revisit it for some reason, we certainly can.

Heck, I just mentioned I wanted to help by offering WB a cab step, which I have very subtly and quietly promoted here on GTT with a rather subtle and occasional mention of it's benefits and all of a sudden, I am spear heading this campaign for WB.....:dunno: I sure didn't see this one coming.....:laugh::lol:

Seriously, I don't mind and any little thing I can do to help WB during this very difficult time, I am glad to do it. I am just typing a few words where others are willing to drive distances to help and other tremendous offerings from and for our fellow GTT'er.......
I'm not sure what WB's technique is in browsing GTT, but one of my more well used buttons is the "New Posts". I did that 5 min ago and Bam, there was the Long Haul link by our friend SB. I generally click on SB's posts no matter what the topic is to see whatsup because he is "Wiser than a Tree full of Owls". So maybe this does need to get hidden differently. I bookmarked the thread and it makes it easy for me to access quickly for now.

Thanks SB & JDF

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure what WB's technique is in browsing GTT, but one of my more well used buttons is the "New Posts". I did that 5 min ago and Bam, there was the Long Haul link by our friend SB. I generally click on SB's posts no matter what the topic is to see whatsup because he is "Wiser than a Tree full of Owls". So maybe this does need to get hidden differently. I bookmarked the thread and it makes it easy for me to access quickly for now.

Thanks SB & JDF
This is what JDforever, Dieselshadow and I called "Hiding in Plain Sight".....Perhaps there is something that can be done or as I stated, I am open to moving this, I just don't want to limit its exposure with a password protected location as I mentioned before.

Jason (DS) has a good handle on WB's prior use and it sounds like WB just goes from "Good Morning" to SCUTS to Implements, etc. and not much else.

Who knows, he (WB) might be watching us now......:laugh::lol: Not sure what to do about that other than to hope he is like me and a creature of habit and unlikely to be using the latest greatest tools to make our lives and use of GTT site easier....:laugh: Old habits die hard.....

'Wiser than a tree full of Owls"........Hmmm, I have often been accused of being full of something, but it wasn't wisdom or knowledge. :lolol: But I appreciate the compliment. Plus it's nice to know if I disappeared, someone other than the Real Sulley Bear would wonder where I went. She would be mad because I cook her breakfast after their walk everyday. Plus, I control the password and login in for Chewy.com. her and Beasely's favorite site for surfing......and buying.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sully - THANK YOU for thinking outside the box on this. As I've been reading WB's posts over the last several weeks, I've been impressed by his strength and attitude. I've also had fleeting thoughts of "I wish there was something I could do for the guy", but they've never gotten past the "fleeting thoughts stage". I appreciate you taking things one step further. Of course, thinking outside the box is what you do best!! :good2:

I like the idea of getting him something to haul his trashcans with. But, in looking at his profile, he has a backhoe so using the HeavyHitch can hauler is going to necessitate removing the hoe. My first thought was to go with the can hauler that attaches to the EdgeTamers, but his signature lists that he has a WR Long Flat Toothbar. Chances are that in order to use the EdgeTamers Can Movers he'd have to attach and detatch them each time.

I have one of these (sorry - it's from Titan :hide:) that I don't use any more. The Heavy Hitch can hauler will fit into any standard receiver, so it should work with this. Using this would still entail him having to remove his bucket, but I don't see any mention of him having any hydraulic FEL attachments (grapple, etc.) where he'd have to mess with hoses, so swapping between the bucket and this would be pretty quick with the JDQA.

If the consensus of the group is that this is workable solution for him, I'd be happy to donate my receiver adapter to the cause and I'll have it shipped to him using something like FedEx Freight where they'll drop it off at his door. I just will need an address which will turn up eventually. If y'all think it's a dumb idea, I won't be offended. I'm still just sipping my first cup of coffee right now and haven't been sleeping well the past several nights, so it could very well be a dumb idea. :laugh:

I did also notice in his signature that he has "My design cab step" listed. He doesn't appear to have a cab, but does anyone know what that is? I remember a thread a while back where someone designed and fabricated a really cool automatically retracting step for a 1-series. Was that WB? If it was, we do run the risk of offending him by replacing his step with Kenny's design, BUT, Kenny's step would probably be better for him. The retractable step requires a little higher step up in order to lower it for use. Kenny's step would be in a fixed position and, presumably, be easier to use.

Again, Sully, thank you for getting the ball rolling. And, Don, thank you for your generous offer to install the new step for him. You're both good men!

EDIT/UPDATE: Here is the thread where WB made his step. While it worked well for him, Kenny's will probably serve him better. In that thread he mentions wanting to get a Curtis cab at some point, and I'm pretty sure that Kenny's step will work with that as well.
Thank You, Mark for researching WB's current items and attachments, etc. that is very important and helpful knowledge to have.

I think you are onto something with your offer. I think it would be helpful and would be easy to swap from the bucket to your bracket. Unless others have any specific reasons why they think it won't work, I say let's do it.

This is EXACTLY how JDForever (Greg) and I envisioned this thread working. By the way, he is being far too modest and being quiet behind the scenes. This thread was actually HIS IDEA and he encouraged me to spear head it.......

Hey wait......NOW I see whats going on......Pretty sneaky, Greg......:lol::thumbup1gif:

By the way, my thought is for WB to use BOTH steps, the one he made and the new one. The reason is from what I have read, its easier when using the prosthetics to step up to a level and then step up to the next level, like stepping first on his step, then on the new step and then stepping up onto the operator platform. Again, this is in theory based upon what I read.......so hopefully its right, it makes sense as it is easier when I have recovered from spinal fusions, etc to step onto the same step with both feet and move one foot to the nezt step then the other, verses clibing stairs like a ladder, each foot on a different step each time.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Summary of Pledges of items thus far as of the time stamp on this post......

1. - JD Forever - KBOH 1 series assist handle for left side of tractor on loader frame

2. - SulleyBear - KBOH 1 series Cab tractor step (I selected this step as it's longer and larger and I think will be easier for him to use)

3. - DRobinson - Offer to travel to WB's home and install the step and handle.

4. - FDmars - Item to be determined, but expressed desire to help.

5. - Mark02tj - FEL Receiver / Adapter Bracket per his post.

6. - Herminator - Financial contribution, contribution method to be determined.

7 - Toughsox - Financial contribution, contribution method to be determined.

Thank You Very Much Everyone who has pledged their support in any manner......

Please note, I removed WB's name from the title line so it won't show up in the most recent threads banner since its in the title or early part of the post. Please know nothing has changed, we are just trying to be a little more "Stealth" in this plan....:hide:

I am providing this list solely to keep everyone up to date on the specific items which have been pledged. I just want to provide a succinct summary of the items which are pledged to be sent to WB so we avoid duplication, etc.

I just want those interested to know which items have been pledged in a summary form, instead of having to pour through the threads trying to determine who is offering what for WB.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for other items which would be helpful to WB, please feel free to suggest those items in this thread or contact me via PM or ?......

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
This is EXACTLY how JDForever (Greg) and I envisioned this thread working. By the way, he is being far too modest and being quiet behind the scenes. This thread was actually HIS IDEA and he encouraged me to spear head it.......

Hey wait......NOW I see whats going on......Pretty sneaky, Greg......:lol::thumbup1gif:
I've got a fence that needs painting, Huck! :laugh:

OK - count me in for donating that receiver attachment. I'd been considering putting it on the "you pay the shipping" thread anyway. This way it might go to good use by what appears to be a very good man!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Count me in but let me think about it a while. Right now I'm thinking more in the line of doing something for his wife as the spouse sometimes is forgotten. I know it makes them feel good when they are remembered for what they do, usually the things nobody knows about. The personal stuff only the spouse knows to do. Doing something for both would be my preferred method. Gas money is one way but it's not very personal for either.

1 - 20 of 283 Posts