Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
I know the general area where WB lives. I am about 80 miles away and would be happy to go to his place and install the step and grab handle. I need an address to find his house though. Let me know if you would like me to do that. I think it might be difficult for him to mount the step because the factory installed bolts can be tough to break loose.
I am only about 30 miles from Stroudsburg and I am also more than happy to do whatever I can to assist.

·
Registered
640 Posts
After reading through the posts, I was wondering if it makes sense to borrow his tractor for a weekend and take it to somebody’s shop that has the tooling and machinery to customize to WB’s needs. There are a number of us who are within driving distance and would love to be involved and we could make it a working GTT Meeting. I am sure we could come up with some customized solutions that would work for his particular needs and tractor. Maybe we could get someone to do a video walk around of his equipment to get us started.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Count me in,
I'm not smart enough to come up with an original outstanding way to assist WB get back to enjoying life but I am able to help financially in some small way. So I'll be following to see how that can be accomplished

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
The step requires a 24mm socket and a torque wrench capable of 233 foot pounds of torque for the loader bolts, so you will need to make sure to have an extra Gizmo morning diner donut that day....
Remember that I did ours, and "if Clueless Diane can do it..."

Gas money is one way but it's not very personal for either.
That made me think, how about fuel dispensing for him? That may be difficult and need a solution.

---------------

Just found this thread by accident when looking at the New Threads. Maybe the orig post should be edited so that certain initials are not shown? But it'll be out of sight soon...

Edit: Suggest omitting initials at least in the beginning of new posts here since they show up in New Posts...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Count me in but let me think about it a while. Right now I'm thinking more in the line of doing something for his wife as the spouse sometimes is forgotten. I know it makes them feel good when they are remembered for what they do, usually the things nobody knows about. The personal stuff only the spouse knows to do. Doing something for both would be my preferred method. Gas money is one way but it's not very personal for either.
Levi,

I think that is a great idea. It makes sence, as while we were praying for Lucy, we were praying for you too. Keep thinking about it and let us know how you would like to contribute.

I am not a man of many words like Sulley, but, Thank you and God Bless.

Greg

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I dont know how I had such a brain hiccup last night, but I never once saw he is in Stroudsburg. That only puts him about an hour from me so I can definitely get there if my mechanical services are needed and would gladly show up to help install anything we could come up with. And yep, I have all the tools for Ken's step, plus blue Loctite :good2:

While I see WB has been a member here since 2015, his sig doesnt say what actual machine he has. I will assume its a 1025R based on the comments here but, what year? I ask because, didn't some years not have the BH step? What about other bolt on items he might be able to use....the differential lock pedal, Kens seat springs? What about bolt on hooks as well?

Just thinking out loud, dont mind me. :unknown:

Also, does he use his SCUT at night? If so, LEDs would be a welcome item, Im sure.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Count me in but let me think about it a while. Right now I'm thinking more in the line of doing something for his wife as the spouse sometimes is forgotten. I know it makes them feel good when they are remembered for what they do, usually the things nobody knows about. The personal stuff only the spouse knows to do. Doing something for both would be my preferred method. Gas money is one way but it's not very personal for either.
Levi,

My wife is very good at such things if you want me to ask her for some ideas or suggestions. Mrs. Bear is very practical, which is wonderful. I have been telling her about this plan and she mentioned Mrs. W and said "make sure to not forget her as they are both going through this" and then she added "and of course their K9 kids....." I knew that was coming from her.....:laugh::lol:

I will bounce this off her and get some ideas and if you would like, I can PM them to you.

Thanks for helping on this important "mission".......

SB

She just walked into the room, I mentioned it to her and she said "I will think about it and come up with some ideas." There, it's in motion....:good2:She handed me a box from Amazon and said "This must be yours" and she was right.....its the security cameras to catch the thief stealing the rent checks from my friends business.........

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I dont know how I had such a brain hiccup last night, but I never once saw he is in Stroudsburg. That only puts him about an hour from me so I can definitely get there if my mechanical services are needed and would gladly show up to help install anything we could come up with. And yep, I have all the tools for Ken's step, plus blue Loctite :good2:

While I see WB has been a member here since 2015, his sig doesnt say what actual machine he has. I will assume its a 1025R based on the comments here but, what year? I ask because, didn't some years not have the BH step? What about other bolt on items he might be able to use....the differential lock pedal, Kens seat springs? What about bolt on hooks as well?

Just thinking out loud, dont mind me. :unknown:

Also, does he use his SCUT at night? If so, LEDs would be a welcome item, Im sure.
Thank you for your offer to help with the install of items, etc. That is wonderful and very much appreciated. We truly have a wonderful group here coming together in a great way to help one of our own. It warms my heart we have such a great group here on GTT.

I am pretty sure he has a 1025r, unsure of year. I 60" MMM, FEL. I think his signature is going to be posted up next.

I think he has had to post pone many of the bolt on items, etc. as finances have been tight for some time. That reminds me, I have a KBOH Differential pedal that I got and mine came with one from Mauser so I never used it. I might as well see that WB gets that as well as its in my tool box. Sorry to take that away........The LED lights are a great idea and option because often snow removal happens when the sun is sleeping.

If someone else wants to do the research and post the results of what they find about bolt on items he could use, etc. to help formulate a list for items for him, please feel free to do so. I would really appreciate it. I am up to my armpits in "non work related projects right now"

I am running our neighborhood HOA in my spare time and I have a board of directors that loves to have me handle everything......

5 members on the board and the other 4 do NOTHING. I have trouble even getting a yes or no out of them....I am the treasurer and handle the finances and bill paying and also dues collection, financial reports, tax returns, etc. I am also in charge of seeing all maintenance is performed as no one else seems to be able to do anything..

Don't even get me started.......:nunu::nunu::banghead::banghead:

There, now I feel better because I vented......sort of.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Signature

His signature reads as follows:
1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
Frontier BB48
County line 5ft rake
Ken's seat springs
BH steps
My design cab step
WR Long Flat toothbar
Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

BTW: I did not mention a name or intials in order to limit ones ability to search and find this thread. You know who's :greentractorride: this is.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Summary of Pledges of items thus far as of the time stamp on this post......

Please note, if I have overlooked your generous offer, please do not hesitate to point it out to me either in the thread or via PM as I am gathering these from this thread, Private Messages and Emails and other sources and I am trying to consolidate them here for easy reference and summary

This color denotes a Specific Item which is Identified
This color denotes a Labor Offer from the Donor
This color denotes a Financial Offer from the Donor

1. - JD Forever - KBOH 1 series assist handle for left side of tractor on loader frame

2. - SulleyBear -
KBOH 1 series Cab tractor step also the Differential Pedal for the 1 series.

3. - DRobinson -
Offer to travel to WB's home and install the step and handle.

4. - FDmars - Item to be determined, but expressed desire to help.

5. - Mark02tj -
FEL Receiver / Adapter Bracket per his post.

6. - Herminator - Financial contribution, contribution method to be determined.

7 - Toughsox - Financial contribution,
Labor Offer and LED Light Bulb offer

8. - Levi - Contribution and method to be determined

9. - Spectre -
Financial contribution, contribution method to be determined.

10. - Robnik -
Contribution and method to be determined

11. - Rogero246 -
Contribution and method to be determined

12. - HVACGuy -
Labor Contribution and method to be determined

13. - RanSX77 -
Labor contribution and method to be determined

Specific Items Pledged This Far include
A. - FEL Frame Rack
B. - 1 Series Assist Handle
C. - Differential Pedal
D. - 1 Series Cab Step
E.- LED Bulbs

Thank You Very Much Everyone who has pledged their support in any manner......This is just our FIRST DAY. Thank you everyone for your kind offers and generosity.

Please note, I removed WB's name from the title line so it won't show up in the most recent threads banner since its in the title or early part of the post. Please know nothing has changed, we are just trying to be a little more "Stealth" in this plan....

Please refrain from mentioning his name or initials in your post as they show up in the newest posts column and we don't want to catch his eye and lead him to us, after all, we are hiding in plain sight........:hide:

I am providing this list solely to keep everyone up to date on the specific items which have been pledged. I just want to provide a succinct summary of the items which are pledged to be sent, so we avoid duplication, etc.

I just want those interested to know which items have been pledged in a summary form, instead of having to pour through the threads trying to determine who is offering what.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for other items which would be helpful to WB, please feel free to suggest those items in this thread or contact me via PM or ?......

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
After reading through the posts, I was wondering if it makes sense to borrow his tractor for a weekend and take it to somebody’s shop that has the tooling and machinery to customize to his needs. There are a number of us who are within driving distance and would love to be involved and we could make it a working GTT Meeting. I am sure we could come up with some customized solutions that would work for his particular needs and tractor. Maybe we could get someone to do a video walk around of his equipment to get us started.
Those of you who have so generously offered to perform labor and work on the tractor might be able to coordinate this effort. If there is someone in the area who would be able to get a video and perhaps, there is a video already on line. It seems like he posted a video of the tractors use but I am not sure.

We sure have several great ideas and many generous people who have offered to step up and help and that's great.

Thanks to everyone. Working together, this is going to be a wonderful way to help a fellow GTT'er in their time of need......

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,183 Posts
Levi,

My wife is very good at such things if you want me to ask her for some ideas or suggestions. Mrs. Bear is very practical, which is wonderful. I have been telling her about this plan and she mentioned Mrs. W and said "make sure to not forget her as they are both going through this" and then she added "and of course their K9 kids....." I knew that was coming from her.....:laugh::lol:

I will bounce this off her and get some ideas and if you would like, I can PM them to you.

Thanks for helping on this important "mission".......

SB

She just walked into the room, I mentioned it to her and she said "I will think about it and come up with some ideas." There, it's in motion....:good2:She handed me a box from Amazon and said "This must be yours" and she was right.....its the security cameras to catch the thief stealing the rent checks from my friends business.........
I'd love to hear her ideas. For me when taking care of Lucy the greatest help I got was our daughter staying with us to help take care of everything. Taking care of Lucy, vacuuming, dusting, cooking, washing dishes, doing laundry just to name a few. These are things I was grateful for. Even buying takeout food was great as it got something different for Lucy and doing dishes after wasn't needed to be done. I'm speaking from a man's point of view so from a lady's point of view it's probably different. :laugh: Let me know what your wife comes up with.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
I'm speaking from a man's point of view so from a lady's point of view it's probably different. :laugh:
Probably different.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have one of these (sorry - it's from Titan :hide:) that I don't use any more. The Heavy Hitch can hauler will fit into any standard receiver, so it should work with this. Using this would still entail him having to remove his bucket, but I don't see any mention of him having any hydraulic FEL attachments (grapple, etc.) where he'd have to mess with hoses, so swapping between the bucket and this would be pretty quick with the JDQA.

If the consensus of the group is that this is workable solution for him, I'd be happy to donate my receiver adapter to the cause and I'll have it shipped to him using something like FedEx Freight where they'll drop it off at his door.

Since Mark was so gracious to offer up such a valuable attachment, helping pay the freight would be a nice jesture. Maybe a few members that have been offering monetary assistance, could help pay the freight from southern Ohio to Pennsylvania. I would think that it could be shipped via Fastenal at a reasonable rate. :dunno: Just brainstorming!

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well, I am battling something and I hope it's not the onset of the flu. Started feeling crummy last night and its not getting better. So, if I don't respond like I should the next few days, it might be because I am "otherwise occupied".......Just wanted anyone posting or asking a question to know.....so you don't think I am ignoring or didn't see your post.

I know JDforever is also monitoring this thread but he is traveling right now so he is not going to be able to respond as quickly either for a few days. So patience is appreciated......

Hopefully the cold medicine and other remedies can turn this away......:cold: I don't think this is the flu. The last 6 times I have had the flu, every single time, I had gotten a flu shot. When I haven't had a flu shot I have not gotten the flu.

I know it's not supposed to work that way but it sure has for me. In fact Mrs. Bear told me not to get any more flu shots and thus far, I have not had the flu. Hope this is just a bad cold. Sure has my hearing and sinuses all plugged up.

Plus this doesn't have the usual stomach and other systems involved (so far).......Fingers crossed....

Sneezing in rapid fire succession (3 to 5 times) and coughing at the same time....I didn't even know that was possible but apparently it is.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Heres another suggestion to add to the list. Do we know how many hours his machine has on it? If its due for a 50. 100. etc hour fluid/filter change, we could add that to the mix as well. Once again, thinking outside the box here. :good2:
I would bet his tractor is low on hours as he has been struggling with a variety of health issues and procedures prior to this latest round. We will find out where the machine is hours wise, etc. and than incorporate that into the plan, which is very good idea. It helps delay the next needed service interval and all machines can benefit from some fresh oil, filters and grease.

That would also push the next service needed out quite a ways, which helps from a labor and cost stand point as well. Very good idea, ToughSox....:good2:

I like this brain storming.....

And yes, women have an interesting perspective.

Just a few nights ago, I went online and ordered new sleep wear for Mrs. Bear to surprise her and I just got a message its being delivered today. Figures with this crud now I am dealing with...........and no, there won't be any photos.......:laugh:

21 - 40 of 283 Posts