Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. Found some old pics and scanned then in.

Anyhow, here's how it starts...

JD-with-ED-1.jpg

Next thing you know, they are pushing you off the tractor. :laugh:

JD-with-ED-2.jpg

BTW, that's me on my old 240 about 18 years ago in the first pic, and about 15 years ago in the second pic. The little JD fan is my nephew, who now drives my tractor "unassisted". LOL

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
So which one are you?:laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Thanks Dave

You realize your tractor driving days are numbered. Once he learns to drive it you'll not get him off of it.:empathy3:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy,

He is now 21 years old (I think :D ), and yes, it's tough to keep him off my tractor and the ATV. :laugh:

Of course, it's the same way with my son. :D Now that I think about it, I buy these tractors and don't get to run them much myself. I always hear "I'll mow the yard for you "Dad" or "Uncle Dave"... and off they go. :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
If this is not a wonderful example of what makes this country great....then I don't know what is!

Ahh, the freedom to live and bring the youth up properly by;

1) Give em love :kidw_truck_smiley: (couldn't find a tractor...work with me)

2) Teach em responsibility and how to work :bash: (ok, so they pushed you off the tractor to mow with out much teaching on your part but...)

The point is, you hooked the next generation on Greene. Well done DaveT :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks OneMarineE5.

Both my guys (son and nephew) are indeed hard workers, and just good people.

As for hooking them on JD... they had no choice. :laugh:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Randy,

He is now 21 years old (I think :D ), and yes, it's tough to keep him off my tractor and the ATV. :laugh:

Of course, it's the same way with my son. :D Now that I think about it, I buy these tractors and don't get to run them much myself. I always hear "I'll mow the yard for you "Dad" or "Uncle Dave"... and off they go. :lol:
Dave:

Good excuse for more tractors.

The Marine is right. Kids like your son and nephew, that know how to work are the ones that will keep this great country going when we are gone. They will also need to support the ones who have not been taught how to work; usually by parents who do not know either.

It is a shame that returning veterans, most of which are very young are not able to find jobs. They also know how to work. They work hard. They work long hours.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i missed this thread.... sorry

Awesome pictures !!! i think i have a few of my kids when they were little:lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahhh... that's a great pic with you and your grandson! :thumbup1gif:

That 318 looks in great shape... it will be worth fixing up, and little guy will probably get to use it for many years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If this is not a wonderful example of what makes this country great....then I don't know what is!

Ahh, the freedom to live and bring the youth up properly by;

1) Give em love :kidw_truck_smiley: (couldn't find a tractor...work with me)

2) Teach em responsibility and how to work :bash: (ok, so they pushed you off the tractor to mow with out much teaching on your part but...)

The point is, you hooked the next generation on Greene. Well done DaveT :thumbup1gif:

OneMarineE5

Loving them and teaching them is the easy part. You, and many people like you, defend our country so we can buy John Deeres!!!
:snipersmilie: :snipersmilie: :snipersmilie:

I applaud you and all of our armed forces. You are what makes the USA the best. Semper Fi.
We should be thanking you everyday, not just on Veterans Day.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

GotDeeres

1 - 14 of 14 Posts