Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my tractor and immediately started looking for ways to make more versatile. Wanted a hitch mount, so started Googling and came across 3-point hitches and then soon after heavy hitches, awsome idea! Only thing was not so awsome price tags. Loved the idea though of hitch versatility and ballast all in one. I don't have alot of space for storage and also didn't want a giant box to hook up whenever I just wanted to use the FEL. So I started making one. I figure I could make something nicer that fit my needs and I could save a couple bucks and put towards suitcase weights. I don't weld or fabricate for a living but enjoy working with metal and have access to the materials I needed. I'll also post later to show my cart setup. So here is how far I've made it...

I think hitch setups I was looking at were around 60-70 lbs. This is weighting in at about 115.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stand

Here's the stand I built. Made it so I can also unrack my weights on the stand incase i just want the hitch but no weights. I've got alot of painting to do. Overall a real good savings.

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,203 Posts
Nicely done. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
17,312 Posts
Great job!

PS: I moved this to the Metalworking forum, fits better there I think.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good, now you just need to add some casters so you can move it out of the way.
Thanks for compliment, means alot coming from a manufacturer. Saw lots of little things here and there Googling that I liked. I am still going to be purchasing one your front weight brackets when the time comes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow... So you don't weld or fabricate for a living? Could have fooled us..You certainly could!!! Very clean work!!! Excellent job!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Great job. Good workmanship! Thanks for sharing your project!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nice work and nice shop. For someone that don't weld for a living you have one nice welding table. Your chain stays are very nice and the add steel rod in side your tow bar was a nice touch.
I can guess you have a heavy tractor something like a 1025R:lol: just kidding 5 series tractor would be more like it.
Regardless what you are going to use it on. You did a great job and the final factory look is what counts.:bigbeer::bigbeer:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:good2::good2::good2::good2:

:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Nice work and nice shop. For someone that don't weld for a living you have one nice welding table. Your chain stays are very nice and the add steel rod in side your tow bar was a nice touch.
I can guess you have a heavy tractor something like a 1025R:lol: just kidding 5 series tractor would be more like it.
Regardless what you are going to use it on. You did a great job and the final factory look is what counts.:bigbeer::bigbeer:
This is what I was thinking!

Especially when I looked at some of your welds. :good2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the compliments. It took alot of planning and time but I don't care for doing something if its not done right. I do over build my projects but I've never looked back regreting I took too much time on a personal project.

I wish that table, shop, drill press, hoist, and welders were mine. It's a tiny repair shop at my work I use sometimes. Different department but people don't mind as long as you leave it cleaner than you found it.

Actually it is for my new 1025R. I have limited storage space and didn't want a ballast box. The utility of a heavy hitch fit my needs for my limited space and trying to keep my footprint small.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Finished

Thought I'd post a picture of it all finished and painted. Happy with how it turned out and functions. Small things I wish I'd done different but that's with all projects. Now just need more weights.

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nicely done! If your goal was heavy duty, you succeeded for sure. It is a good thing you have a quick hitch and a stand because I'm not sure how you would be able to hook it up without either one of them. :laugh:

I like all the extra tiedown spots you added. One can never have enough places to tie things to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts