Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our North field is glacial cut river bottom. Literally, bottomless black muck and sand...but mostly muck.
It floods when the snow melts, and it's all about moving water with an old Gorman Rupp to keep up until about mid June, when things can be mowed, sprayed for fungus and cranberrry fruitworm and worked to get last years harvester ruts tamed.

This year, rain kept me out until the weeds in the wettest section were tractor high.
I figured things were dry enough finally on Monday. All went well except for wearing the paint off the Diff Lock, and occaisional Irate snapping turtle..until 1400 or so when the bottom fell out.:lol:

Ya know you're in trouble when you slap the throttle and power reverser at the same time, and still can't raise the chopper deck fast enough, then step out from the cab on squishy ground that is even with the cab floor.:lol:

Yep.
I'm screwed.:thumbsdown:

Got the MIL on the 1920, chained off to the chopper tail, raised the chopper all the way, and used it as a fulcrum to break suction on the front, and she backed right out.
Orchard fenders keep the rooster tails of mud from getting the tractor dirty..don't let anyone fool ya, that's really what they are for.:laugh:

So who has some epic stuck pics?

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Thanks for the post Dingeryote. It's always good to see someone else stuck and reinforce the notion, it's not just me.:lol:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I hear there are those that have been stuck, and those that will be. Then there are also those that have been stuck more than once.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ive been stuck once, I didn't take photos during that 2 hour removal. Sometimes weight is a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
7,707 Posts
No pictures, but my stucks with the 2030 were only annoying compared to yours Shovel got it out one time, chains and come-a-long the other. These were before I had the 6415.

·
8,558 Posts
Why am I left with the impression that this is experience speaking? :think:
So far, I have not stuck the tractor. (Knock wood!) However, I have stuck a truck, and had to use the 1050 to get it out!

·
Registered
269 Posts
WOW! I thought I got stuck the other day but mine was nothing compared to that. I was pulling an Oak log and got in bad enough I had to push out with my Artillian forks. (Dont tell Chris, I do all kinds of "not recommended" work with those forks.) All it may do is scratch the paint a lil. You cant hurt em. Love them forks

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I haven't gotten my tractor stuck yet, I'm sure its just a matter of time till I do. My pickups are another story . I tend them get stuck 2-3 times a year.:laugh: I never think to take a pic .

·
8,558 Posts
I haven't gotten my tractor stuck yet, I'm sure its just a matter of time till I do. My pickups are another story . I tend them get stuck 2-3 times a year.:laugh: I never think to take a pic .
Starts the Corb Lund song to going thru my head again!! :laugh:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The spot where the 5425N took a belly flop, was exactly where our BEI Harvester went searching for good Chow Mein last August.

The harvester runs 3' wide Rice paddy tires on the back, and 2.5' wide Paddy tires on the front.

It's hydraulicly leveled up to 3', so the frame can be blocked and wheels lifted all the way up, and then blocks of wood can be stuffed into the muck under the tires, then the rig raised up 3', blocked, and more stuff chucked into the muck, until you can roll forward. It's a PITA but 87% of the time, you can get out of a Nasty stuck that would eat any tractor.
That stuck last August was the exception. We ran out of wood to stuff into the muck, despite dropping and blocking a good sized silver maple for filler.

Get to the point of rolling forward off the stacked wood, and the thing would just drop into the muck again.
Had to call the local specialty wrecker and his compound winch rig, that uses surplus Howitzer spades for chocking...and it still was a fight.
I thought about taking pics, but was in no mood.

We ended up breaking out the cousins Tracked harvester for that section of field.
It's just a 80-100' section on two rows, and I'm half convinced we have an artisian well under there. Even during the drought, the tile in that section was keeping the pond half full.

I gotta find the pics of my Landini going for bottom. :lol:
I thought that one was going to have to be disassembled in place to get it out.:lol:

You folks not getting stuck, aren't trying hard enough, and need to try this new stuff called "Rain"...it's amazing.:tongue:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've only gotten my Deere stuck once, that one time it took about 2 hours to pull it out. Never got my pickup stuck, might have something to do with the big tires. :lol:

Attachments

·
8,558 Posts
Dingeryote; I might like to try to get more things stuck, if I could get that rain you speak of. Hard to come by around these parts! :laugh:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Dingeryote; I might like to try to get more things stuck, if I could get that rain you speak of. Hard to come by around these parts! :laugh:
:lol:

Just so ya know what it looks like, if you trip over some day.
7" of rain in two days looks like this. 10'X6' ditches get filled and stay filled for 2 days.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I'm stuck right now. Waiting for daylight, some more chain, and hopefully a 200hp field tractor for reinforcement......

Bloody hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
I'm stuck right now. Waiting for daylight, some more chain, and hopefully a 200hp field tractor for reinforcement......

Bloody hell.

:thumbup1gif:....:lol:
:munch:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Bloody hell.

:mocking:

Been there...probably will be there again before the week is over, and again during harvest in a couple weeks.

Pics?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Was too embarrassed to take pics.

A nice neighbor showed up around noon today with a 7 series JD and saved my A$$, and spared my the grief of never hearing the end of being pulled out by a bloody Kubota.

-J.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts