Green Tractor Talk banner

121 - 140 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
No Kenny John Deere’s are this way View attachment 727166
what happened here-did that person fall off the scooter, and is now being dragged down the aisle? hehee--is someone in the seat dragging the one on the floor???
why would people even think to do this just to have a pic taken of them-jeez.:cry:

oh yes-RTGT-thanks for them pics-first ones in. yeah that 4430 sure is clean-huh.

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
One thing I forgot to mention something that is new this year.

They are asking the attendees "register" this year. They are trying to collect demographics of the people attending the show.

Next year registration will be required. If you have registered this year, it will be a simple process to register for next year one you are in the "system".

It is a pretty simple system and quick.

If you are planning to come back next year, it might not hurt to get this out of the way now.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
First thing he said was "Let's just get this out of the way first thing" and promptly flipped us all off with double birds!
A true GTT member. (y) :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
79 Posts
For those of us with 1 or 2 series but don't farm...is the Farm Machinery Show worthwhile? I'm not familiar with the show at all. Is some of the equipment and vendors geared toward the sub-compact range? I watched a few YouTube videos to see what it's like but most of the vids are of the large equipment, which is cool to look at I have to admit. For those of you that are there, hoping you can share some pics of interesting stuff you see.

Hey, now that I think about it...I wonder if there is a strategy opportunity to bring my spouse to the show next year, expose her to the price tags on these large farm tractors, and then when we get home she'll think Deere is practically giving away those 2038R's. Kind of a Price-Tag Desensitization approach. Hmmm.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts

·
Administrator
17,292 Posts
For those of us with 1 or 2 series but don't farm...is the Farm Machinery Show worthwhile? I'm not familiar with the show at all. Is some of the equipment and vendors geared toward the sub-compact range? I watched a few YouTube videos to see what it's like but most of the vids are of the large equipment, which is cool to look at I have to admit. For those of you that are there, hoping you can share some pics of interesting stuff you see.

Hey, now that I think about it...I wonder if there is a strategy opportunity to bring my spouse to the show next year, expose her to the price tags on these large farm tractors, and then when we get home she'll think Deere is practically giving away those 2038R's. Kind of a Price-Tag Desensitization approach. Hmmm.
There is something for everyone there, from the smallest of the smalls to the biggest of the bigs from every manufacture, some you've probably never heard of.

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts

I'm sure you'd find the trip interesting and beneficial especially considering that you'd likely have an opportunity to meet some of GTT's finest! :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Loading up the wagon and getting ready to roll this gravy train north! See you guys in a few short hours.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
You bet. (y) Good thinking on your part. Now, you're coming into the fold. You'll be a full-blooded GTT member in no time. 😜

·
Registered
3,787 Posts

I like seeing the big equipment and meeting GTT members too, but I did learn about this type of double gate latch last year and bought this one at the show. I don't know that I would have found it otherwise.

It's a small example of you never know what you might stumble across.

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
For those of us with 1 or 2 series but don't farm...is the Farm Machinery Show worthwhile?
In one word - Yes.

For example, yesterday I was looking as sprayers. They had everything from 45 gallon setups that would fit in the back of a Gator and smaller 3 point models that would fit a 1 series all the way up to huge trailer pulled tanks. The sales rep was more than happy to help me with stuff that fit my needs and budget.

You get to see stuff that you won't in many other places. Stuff like - Hey, that looks perfect for.....

All of the implement dealers are there, Woods, Land Pride, Bush Hog, etc. and they have everything from the smallest Limited Cat 1 to Holy Crap that is big. Befco has a big display of mowers, rotary cutters, flail mowers, tillers, etc that you'll never see at on a dealers lot just due to inventory cost restrictions.

It is a great show, for a novice, a small property owner, someone just getting started, etc.

Very well worth the trip in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
Woods had this rear mount finish mower on display. It might interest some that are looking at mowing pasture land or a large field, but not wanting or needing a rotary cutter finish.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Woods had this rear mount finish mower on display. It might interest some that are looking at mowing pasture land or a large field, but not wanting or needing a rotary cutter finish.

View attachment 727215

View attachment 727216

View attachment 727217
Interesting. That Woods has the swinging blades like my 110 inch Befco. That must be new to Woods. I bought the Befco as it was the biggest I could get at 110 inches and have been very happy with it.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
Interesting. That Woods has the swinging blades like my 110 inch Befco. That must be new to Woods. I bought the Befco as it was the biggest I could get at 110 inches and have been very happy with it.

Dave
Befco has all of their mowers there at the show, from 48" all the way up to your 110.

For those that haven't seen a Befco rear mount finish mower, they are impressive.

Befco also had their tri-fold mower. Woods and Land Pride also had theirs as well. I know there was a member recently that was comparing two brands. Given the cost of those, I would say a trip to this show would be well worth it if you were in the market.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
The Befco is very heavy duty. My 110 inch model weighs 1500#. Makes very good ballast too.

Dave

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I don't think I could trust myself at that show. Sad, but true 😀

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
121 - 140 of 253 Posts