Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chris,
I'm curious how the Diverter Kit would work with the new Single Point Hydro-link they say will be available on the new 2-series? I know we only just found out about this, and I do see this new 2 series in my future, but I also see an Artillian Grapple in my future so I need to know how they might get along?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
You may not need a diverter as JD now offers a front SCV on the new 2-series.

Front_SCV.jpg

Otherwise, it goes without saying that there are still tons of unanswered questions about many of the features on the new models. :)

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
Not Chris, but here is my take:

The diverter install would be very similar, just two hoses to the loader side of the single point rather than loose going to the tractor, everything else is virtually the same.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

View attachment 231186

Otherwise, it goes without saying that there are still tons of unanswered questions about many of the features on the new models. :)
Hmm, looking at the website it almost makes it look like you need to get the front 3pt to get the front SCV....now maybe that is not horrible especially if you want to mount a blower or plow, or broom....

·
Registered
4,433 Posts

View attachment 231186

thats not an extra SCV.... it is an extension line that runs from the SCV couplers to the front. It is used for blade angling. Now, they do offer 2 rear SCV's that you way be able to tap into somehow.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Hi Chris,
I'm curious how the Diverter Kit would work with the new Single Point Hydro-link they say will be available on the new 2-series? I know we only just found out about this, and I do see this new 2 series in my future, but I also see an Artillian Grapple in my future so I need to know how they might get along?
Thanks!
Ransx,

Sorry, it's too soon for me to be able to comment on this yet. I'm a little behind!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Problem Chris, not like the tractor is going to be available for a few more months I think.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I would wait a year and let the "quirks" of the first year work their way out
yeah-i bought my 2520 the first yr out, i had to buy my 3pt arms over, plus i redid my front axle, all at around $4,000. so there's no way i would be the guinea pig for the next round.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

View attachment 231186

I'm feelin kinda dumb asking...

What is that contraption mounted to the 3 point arms?:dunno:

Give me a minute to hide before ya'll start tossin rocks my way.

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
I'm feelin kinda dumb asking...

What is that contraption mounted to the 3 point arms?:dunno:

Give me a minute to hide before ya'll start tossin rocks my way.
Do you mean the A-frame gizmo? If so, that is how the 59" snow blower (and other implements) mount. That A-frame assembly fits up into a similarly shaped receiver-like area on the implement.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Do you mean the A-frame gizmo? If so, that is how the 59" snow blower (and other implements) mount. That A-frame assembly fits up into a similarly shaped receiver-like area on the implement.
I was wondering about that hookup also. seen some hookup's like that on u-tube for a fellas 3 pt attachments also. i guess u could call that a fast hitch too-huh:dunno::lol:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

Exactly.....I like it & figured it was something along those lines.
I'd just never seen anything like that yet.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
Exactly.....I like it & figured it was something along those lines.I'd just never seen anything like that yet.Thanks
This is the same type of front 3-point attachment used on the 3-series (and possibly others). It's been around for quite a while, it's just new to the 2-series.It has the ability to handle heavier implements. Needless to say, the new A-frame hitch setup costs a LOT more than the existing Quick Attach setup used on the 1-series and 2-series.

A-frame.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts