Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you skid logs, or otherwise drag things like brush piles then this new Forest/Slip/Choker hook is just the ticket for you. The innovative design with the captured pin and rounded shape all but eliminates snags and hang-ups that can occur with other style hooks.

Available on the Chain/Rigging Accessories Page at the website, more pics to come soon.

Forest Hook Dims-02.jpg

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
That's a great looking hooker!

All bad puns aside, that's a smart design. I'll be ordering as there's nothing more frustrating that getting on an off equipment when the dang chain slipped off the hook.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Is there any way to add that hook as a "secondary hook"?? :dunno:

I would hate to dedicate a chain as a choker,,,

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,624 Posts

I use these attached to different hooks. Just use the hook I need...

OvalscrewlinksSN.jpg

Kenny, how does that attach to the chain?

·
Super Moderator
7,864 Posts
If you skid logs, or otherwise drag things like brush piles then this new Forest/Slip/Choker hook is just the ticket for you. The innovative design with the captured pin and rounded shape all but eliminates snags and hang-ups that can occur with other style hooks.

Available on the Chain/Rigging Accessories Page at the website, more pics to come soon.

View attachment 227881
Nice addition and compliment to your line Kenny! You'll have to put one aside for me too.....:good2:

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

:think: Explain please?
If that choker hook is on a chain end, the chain can not be used for applications that require a regular hook.

The choker hook is not as "universal" as a grab hook, or whatever a regular hook is called.

The choker hook would be great for what it is designed for,,, :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That looks like a nice well built hook. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
It is possible to have more than one hook on the end of a chain. The hooks were on a ring. The ring was connected to the chain with a connecter link.

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is possible to have more than one hook on the end of a chain. The hooks were on a ring. The ring was connected to the chain with a connecter link.
Sure, but some of those "connector" links are usually NOT rated very high. It also would defeat the purpose of this hook, you'd be dragging/snagging the other hook along with it.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Really good design Kenny, are you producing these or brokering them?

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really good design Kenny, are you producing these or brokering them?
Just selling Jeff, they are made by Yoke Lifting Products, are very reputable name in the rigging industry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts