Green Tractor Talk banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Just PM WVDeere ,, I'm interested in doing my tires when he is finished.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Believe etcallhome is last in the list. Once I receive the tire groover today I will get started right after Christmas and send it to him.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Got the job done today!!! Probably will not snow the rest of the year but so what. It just looks cool :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Sent etcallhome a pm. Think he’s only one I know of on list behind me.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Alex ,,,, Looks good (y) (y)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I am interested in using the tire groover. All the pics are awesome!
Shoot a PM ("conversation") to etcallhome with your info. The tool is currently on its way to him. I believe we're down to just paying shipping charges.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Administrator
19,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I am interested in using the tire groover. All the pics are awesome!
Please read the "rules" in the first post of this thread, welcome to GTT.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Please read the "rules" in the first post of this thread, welcome to GTT.
Sorry. I didn't notice the post count when I replied.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Is there a pattern that works the best? I've seen a lot of different styles

·
Registered
991 Posts
Don’t think any of the patterns have ever been compared as far as “best” but everyone seems to say it helps. You just do what you like and feel is best for you. I went with the approach that was shown before so I wouldn’t have any grooves past the edge to protect tread but idk of that matters or not. I just liked the design. We actually have about 5-6 inches of unexpected snow today. When I get home from work look forward to trying them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
PM sent to @etcallhome
Was I supposed to agree to rule #1 there or here?
I agree to rule #1.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Have to say. I wasn’t expecting anything dramatic but it truly is a huge difference in traction. We ended up with about 5 inches of slick slushy snow today and the tractor didn’t spin hardly at all. Where before I could not really plow uphill it just seemed to dig in and go. And it’s slick. My wife’s grand Cherokee barely made it up the driveway and it’s a tank. Grooving your tires is definitely worth it.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
So the updated list is:
1. Wvdeere- shipping out
2: etcallhome - pending receipt
3: Guja0501

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
And I've replied to Guja501 , and let him know when he might expect to see the grooving tool.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
And I've replied to Guja501 , and let him know when he might expect to see the grooving tool.
Cool - i was just trying to get the list going if anyone else who's eligible wants to throw their name on there. Happy Weekending!

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Actually I just checked my PM and seems there may be a mistake.

Yes I posted a reply to Guja501 but I received a PM from foxdenacres and looks like his name is before Guja501..
I have foxdenacres info , name and address.

So what time did Guja501 request come to you

Foxdenacres sent me a PM at 10:15 am ,, I just noticed the mistake on my pc when I checking my emails. That I replied to Guja501 instead of foxdenacres..

Not wanting to upset any of the members and send the tool to the one who replied FIRST.

·
Administrator
19,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Have to say. I wasn’t expecting anything dramatic but it truly is a huge difference in traction. We ended up with about 5 inches of slick slushy snow today and the tractor didn’t spin hardly at all. Where before I could not really plow uphill it just seemed to dig in and go. And it’s slick. My wife’s grand Cherokee barely made it up the driveway and it’s a tank. Grooving your tires is definitely worth it.
I know right?
The difference grooving makes is nothing short of incredible.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts