·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
So the updated list is:
1. Wvdeere- shipping out
2: etcallhome - pending receipt
3: Guja0501
No big deal, I can be 4th.
Since I have foxdenacres name and address and Guja0501 ,posted NO BIG DEAL I can be 4th.

I guess I'll send to foxdenacres and then he can send tool to Guja0501

That is if everyone is in agreement, seems like we have apx 2-3 weeks to make any changes.

Thanks
Gene

Reactions: Guja0501

·
Registered
989 Posts
Just dropped off at ups store. On its way to etcallhome.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
Came home this evening, and guess what I found o front door.

YEP ,, Hope to start tomorrow with my tires and maybe SIL tires on Thur.
I guess that will all depend on how tomorrow goes.

🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
Worked on grooving the tires on the 1025 today.

Wasn't to bad, yes a learning curve and yes mine aren't straight line as some as posted. If it helps ,and I think it will OK.
I had taken the pictures and was talking to the neighbor getting ready to walk out of the building . Looked down at the first tire, told Ben ,, Well missed doing that one groove. OH well, I had unplugged the tool and I wasn't plugging it in for one groove.

IMG_20210113_141852271_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210113_145953895.jpg

I put the chains back on the tractor since I still had the back wheels off the ground.
All total plugged the groove tool in at 13:15 unplugged at 16:00 and walked out of the garage with chains back on the tractor at 16:30.
For me I used the fel to lift the front tires off the floor ,turned the wheels to either R or L . After grooving 5 or 6 raised areas, lift the tires off the floor spin the tire so I could do 5 or 6 grooves.
For the rear tires , put floor jack under the lower hitch raised both sides up at the same time. Grooved both tires , of course had transmission in N so I was able to spin the tires as needed. Plus I set on a 12-15" high stool and was able to do both directions with out to many issues. Could have maybe been better so I'm OK with the way they turned out. When finished installed the chains , finished.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Looks good Gene!

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
989 Posts
Look good. And that was fast. Probably took me about 3 hours. And I noticed next day I missed one too. I had to plug it back up and get it though.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
Thanks,

I didn't plug it back in , and no plans to do so..

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
Tire grooving done on the SIL 2305 , tool boxed up and delivered to the UPS for shipping.

Grandson did one tire. Did a pretty good job.

4244.jpeg

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a personal tire groover (acquired before I found these threads), but I wanted to update. I finally got my lazy self to finish the rear tractor tires and a couple other tires for the spare Jeep. The improvement is definitely noticeable, but idk if IDK go as far as kenny and say it's incredible/amazing 😂. Also depending on the dirt/mud/terrain I think the grooving will help other than winter too, it's mostly for adding to winter traction though!

Another comment I noticed, it's definitely easier to go slow and let the machine do the work, but at the same time it take a lot longer! If you have straight runs and you can get your body aligned correctly and you have a strong wrist you can wedge your arm between the tool and your hip and power through😁.

I also concur if you plan your cuts you can align yourself for 1 or 2 repetitive grooves and power through those for an entire tire and then realign for other cuts. It's definitely different for different tires and different grooving/siping patterns.

I'm not quite 30yo and was definitely sore in the shoulders, back, and/or legs depending upon technique and duration, lol.

Made a time lapse of doing a tire:

Rear tractor tires:

141 - 151 of 151 Posts