Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here at the Schnauzer Compound space is a premium. And I hog most of it. The queen has a devil of a time (and so do I) trying to find anything in the garage. If you do see it, getting to it is another issue. The queen decreed that a shed for her and only her needs to be erected.

This summer we looked at several backyard sheds. From the box stores to the Amish built ones. As the queen and I discussed what she wanted and liked, I started to prep the yard. First remove the old stockade fence. Once the queen selected a size, I prepared the space. She chose a 10' X 20'. So I dug a 12' X 22' X 12" deep hole. The neighbor cat loved that. I seen him several times bury what he just squeezed out. Sad day for him when I selected 21AA gravel as my bed. 10 yards of it. I had most of this done when she ordered a 10' X 12' shed with a 4' porch. I guess it would be okay the way I had it.

She picked a Barn Owl Shed built by the Amish dudes at A & L Sheds. I could not find A & L on line. I did located Barn Owl. Then the light came on. A & L is Amish. I better not see them on the web.

The she-shed arrived today. I need to wire and insulated it. Decide what to do with the floor. I might even put a HVAC unit in it, depending on what the queen wants to use the shed for.

isaac

Attachments

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Nice real nice she’ll get a lot of enjoyment out of that. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Very nice! I need to do the same for my wife so I can get her chicken accessories out of the garage.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Nice shed. I would put heat and A/C in it also. It would be a nice place for her to go to when she gets made at you. Sort of a cat house, instead of dog house.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Very nice! I need to do the same for my wife so I can get her chicken accessories out of the garage.:banghead:
I don't want to sound dumb but what do chicken accessories consist of ?? Dresses, hats, chicken shoes, false teeth? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Here at the Schnauzer Compound space is a premium. And I hog most of it. The queen has a devil of a time (and so do I) trying to find anything in the garage. If you do see it, getting to it is another issue. The queen decreed that a shed for her and only her needs to be erected.

This summer we looked at several backyard sheds. From the box stores to the Amish built ones. As the queen and I discussed what she wanted and liked, I started to prep the yard. First remove the old stockade fence. Once the queen selected a size, I prepared the space. She chose a 10' X 20'. So I dug a 12' X 22' X 12" deep hole. The neighbor cat loved that. I seen him several times bury what he just squeezed out. Sad day for him when I selected 21AA gravel as my bed. 10 yards of it. I had most of this done when she ordered a 10' X 12' shed with a 4' porch. I guess it would be okay the way I had it.

She picked a Barn Owl Shed built by the Amish dudes at A & L Sheds. I could not find A & L on line. I did located Barn Owl. Then the light came on. A & L is Amish. I better not see them on the web.

The she-shed arrived today. I need to wire and insulated it. Decide what to do with the floor. I might even put a HVAC unit in it, depending on what the queen wants to use the shed for.

isaac
Heck I could live in that shed! Nice,, Hope the "queen" enjoys!

·
Registered
4,948 Posts

I don't want to sound dumb but what do chicken accessories consist of ?? Dresses, hats, chicken shoes, false teeth? :dunno:
:lolol:My day is complete at 0630.:lolol:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't want to sound dumb but what do chicken accessories consist of ??
Mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, biscuits.

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Looks very nice. May not want to name it the cat house though.:lol:

It will be interesting to see if women have the same issue as men. Let’s us know when she says I should have built one twice that size.

:munch:

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
Looks very nice. May not want to name it the cat house though.:lol:

It will be interesting to see if women have the same issue as men. Let’s us know when she says I should have built one twice that size.

:munch:
We've got one in our backyard 14' x 16' just for my wife's stuff with a barn style roof so she has shelving as well. I've heard that several times how nice it would be if it were "a little" bigger I'd have more room. :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
You guessed them all except for their purses.....

·
Registered
773 Posts
Really nice shed!!!

My personal thoughts on sheds, barns, outbuildings etc- If I put one up it's going to fill full of "stuff". Soon, being full, I will entertain the thought of putting up another- for more stuff. Sometimes my wife will even reinforce this behavior- "you need another barn"!
I have personally witnessed this with my Sister and BIL. Their house is surrounded by all these odd shaped structures filled with stuff. One for the Dogs, one for landscaping, one just full of crap, one for a generator, etc... :lol:

I have no self control when confronted by empty storage space. Best for me to not build one..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts