Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting this message from both of my computers and this is the only forum I am having problems with. I have a cable modem, router and two computers connected wirelessly. Now if I use my cell phone as a hotspot and connect the computer to the hotspot life is good. Is my router having a problem? If so why is this the only forum I am having a problem with? I am able to browse the web with no problems or not any problem that I know of. This all started with the password reset.

Thanks
Doug

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I would power cycle everything on your network. If you have separate cable modem and router power up the modem first and wait for all of the status lights to go ok. Then boot up the router, again wait for everything to be happy.

On your computers clear the browser cache, cookies and reboot them as well.

It would be helpful to know the OS and browsers you are using.

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
I keep getting this message from both of my computers and this is the only forum I am having problems with. I have a cable modem, router and two computers connected wirelessly. Now if I use my cell phone as a hotspot and connect the computer to the hotspot life is good. Is my router having a problem? If so why is this the only forum I am having a problem with? I am able to browse the web with no problems or not any problem that I know of. This all started with the password reset.

Thanks
Doug
Doug,

You're describing the exact same experience that I had through Thursday this past week. Had to do a hard reset on my wireless router. Power cycle wouldn't do it. Had to use the hardware reset button following the proper procedure. In my case Verizon FIOS tech support suggested that the GTT web site may need a new IP address. The power cycle wouldn't release the IP and required a hard reset to do the trick.

Hope you get it squared away.

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Sounds like your cable modem wifi download and/or upload speeds are low. If restarting and/or resetting does not help, you will probably have to replace your cable modem. There are some apps on line to check you wired and wireless connection speed. Another thing you may be able to try is, connect you computer to you modem with an ethernet connection wire rather than wifi. If it works wired and not on wif, you modem is mostly likely spent.
Don't know which cable company you have. If you modem is one of theirs, they will most likely give you a new one.

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
Ray,

When I was experiencing these same problems I was able to access every other news site and forum as well as online / Internet banking and purchases. I even tested my wireless speed on Verizon FIOS and subscribe to their 75 MBP/s plan. My actual tested speed was ~ 83 MBP/s upload & download on my three year old wireless router. Again, the ONLY issue was accessing the GTT site until I performed the hard reset on the router as suggested by the FIOS Technician. Had previously been the soft reset / power off-on route and attempted to bypass the wireless router with a direct cable connection.

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts

Thanks
Doug
I had the exact same problem :smash:. It started with the password reset :nunu: and continued almost two days. I was slow to restart the modem since every other site I visit worked. And not being able to get on this site :banghead:, I could not ask for advice. Modem restart worked for me. :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I too was getting the sever is too busy message. Couldn't access this site , started when I tried to reset my password. Problem went away on its own. Seems fine now.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of your help. Problem solved. I reset the modem but it would not come online cable company resets it from their office back online but no luck with GTT. Did the hard wire right from the modem to the computer still no luck. Called the cable company did another reset and tests from their office said the problem with the modem.Replaced modem did the hard wire thing life is good now I can get to GTT. Reconnect router no go GRRRRRR. Reset router with the reset button still no go. Unplug router still no go this is really getting to me. Back to store new router in hand setup router life is good.
Time for many beers and catching up on GTT. Oh, the simple things in life.

Thanks
Doug

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
So what's the common denominator here? Hopefully the VS techs are watching this thread and fix the situation for others now and in the future.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
It would be interesting to know if our connections to the site actually terminate on the server or if we're proxied via an appliance or similar. And, if there IS some sort of reverse proxy in the path, is it using any sort of queueing rules or other "IP Reputation" type rules to control who gets through cleanly or not.

One other thing is that there could be some sort of IPS/IDS that's watching IP addresses and somehow interfering with the stream of traffic.

Having to hard-reset the routers (and even replace them) seems ludicrous as the only real thing that it does is flush the DHCP memory from the router so that it ACTUALLY gets a new IP address instead of asking if it can use its previously allocated one again.

It would be interesting to understand whether or not flushing the DHCP information from the router, restarting the modem, and then attempting to acquire a DHCP address on the router would correct the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
It would be interesting to know if our connections to the site actually terminate on the server or if we're proxied via an appliance or similar. And, if there IS some sort of reverse proxy in the path, is it using any sort of queueing rules or other "IP Reputation" type rules to control who gets through cleanly or not.

One other thing is that there could be some sort of IPS/IDS that's watching IP addresses and somehow interfering with the stream of traffic.

Having to hard-reset the routers (and even replace them) seems ludicrous as the only real thing that it does is flush the DHCP memory from the router so that it ACTUALLY gets a new IP address instead of asking if it can use its previously allocated one again.

It would be interesting to understand whether or not flushing the DHCP information from the router, restarting the modem, and then attempting to acquire a DHCP address on the router would correct the issue.
meburdick::
Don't know and it sounds like you know allot more about this kind of thing than I even want to!! :lol: Anyway, in my case, at least some of the problem, ended up being my wifi speed was really low. The interesting thing was, the low speed didn't cause problems with accessing other sites, just the speed by which it worked. For the GTT site, my wifi would not work at the speed that it was at, hardwired did.
So, who knows! All I know is, either they fixed it or I did by correcting my wifi speed issue. Either way, it works now!! :good2:

·
Registered
4,158 Posts

It did not for me. I went to the latest firmware on my Netgear router, no go. Reset back to new, no go. I cloned the MAC Address of my computer to the router and that worked. I didn't care much for having to setup my router again. After the cloning I had no Internet access and had to restart the modem. Now it all works.

All these threads on access problems should be joined together.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
It did not for me. I went to the latest firmware on my Netgear router, no go. Reset back to new, no go. I cloned the MAC Address of my computer to the router and that worked. I didn't care much for having to setup my router again. After the cloning I had no Internet access and had to restart the modem. Now it all works.

All these threads on access problems should be joined together.
IP Address reservations are tied to MAC addresses. When you effectively gave the router a new MAC, it also got a new IP.

The reason you had no Internet access (from your PC) is because the router saw the same MAC address in two different places, and that's a no-no.

·
Registered
172 Posts
server too busy at the moment

what do I need to do to be able to access GTT again?

appears that for others, things are back to "normal"?

·
Administrator
20,148 Posts
I combined your thread to the current one. Read from the beginning to see what others have had to do to "fix" the issue. :good2:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Server busy

It started with the site wide password change. If the focus is this site and all others are working it isn't your wifi, router, or pc/tablet. I emailed the site development company. Within an hour site was back to working normal. I did not alter my devices. They also need to make it easier to reset your password if you type it wrong at that entry point level.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thank you to whom ever fixed the "too busy server" for me. It started working OK for me yesterday evening and still works.

:bigthumb:

tommyhawk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts