Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened again. Working out of town, and I found a new toy for the tractor, a 4' Box Blade this time.

It took a little figuring and some creative packing to get the rest of the stuff back in the van, but my little company Ford Transit has hauled home another attachment.

Once I get it out of the van tomorrow I'll post some better pictures. Now if I just had some forks....oh, and a FEL to put them on. (wonder if a FEL will fit in the Transit....)

This ought to make finishing the edges of my drainage ditches a lot easier. I tried using the 5' rear blade, but that didn't work as well as planned..... So I went on a search for a box blade.

If I ever get a bigger tractor, I'm gonna have to get the boss to get me a bigger vehicle...:laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I would've thought there was enough room in a Transit to let the box blade sit flat on the floor, and really never thought it would be 4' tall inside. Learn something new every day.

Either way, good job getting it home! :thumbup1gif:

As for the bigger vehicle, well...it doesn't help. You will always find something just a bit too big to fit that you need to bring home. You may have a problem when you've got the company semi and loboy, and are trying to get an oversize permit for something you found for yourself on the way home. :laugh:

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well here it is.

As soon as it dries out a bit I'm already got a project (or 2) for it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice find, I just ordered a 54" Land Pride box blade today for my 1026R.

BB05 Series Box Scrapers | Land Pride
That is a good piece.

I was considering a 54" but found the 48" at a Kubota dealership in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Made me a pertty good deal. I found at BB2048L at a John Deere dealer, but they wanted twice the $ that I got this one for.

I have been digging a drainage ditch threw the back of our property and I am ready to start tapering the edges and blending it into the yard. I tried using the 60" rear blade that I have. While trying to cut with just one edge it wanted to pull the tractor sideways - not enough tractor weight....:nunu:

I figured a box blade would be a better tool and staying at 48" (wheel width) that should all me to keep the tractor going where I am steering it.

Next spring I will be filling in the low spots in the yard and the box blade will work better for spreading the dirt as well.

The 60" rear blade worked really well for grading our gravel drive in Montana, but doesn't seem to work as well for the dirt work I have now.

Enjoy your new toy. As soon as the ground dries out a bid I'm gonna get this one dirty. :yahoo:

Reactions: Vern1026R

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would've thought there was enough room in a Transit to let the box blade sit flat on the floor, and really never thought it would be 4' tall inside. Learn something new every day.

Either way, good job getting it home! :thumbup1gif:

As for the bigger vehicle, well...it doesn't help. You will always find something just a bit too big to fit that you need to bring home. You may have a problem when you've got the company semi and loboy, and are trying to get an oversize permit for something you found for yourself on the way home. :laugh:
With the shelves, tools, and equipment it would not fit horizontal. But there is more than one way to skin a cat....

It sounds like you have some experience bringing a new toy home as well...oversize permit huh? Must have been a nice find.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
It sounds like you have some experience bringing a new toy home as well...oversize permit huh? Must have been a nice find.
My service truck has hauled a number of interesting things...

As for the oversize, that didn't work out. Found an old, old Cat wheel loader a few years ago that I could've had for a song if I could move it home from Kentucky. TDOT was willing to issue a permit, but KY would not unless I removed the wheels from the machine so it would've been legal height and only about 9' wide. At the time, I didn't have the means to do that so I had to leave it. Probably for the best...

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts
so I had to leave it. Probably for the best...
Yes probably!

I learned a while ago that "Just becasue its free (or real cheap) doesn't mean it's a good deal" :laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My service truck has hauled a number of interesting things...

As for the oversize, that didn't work out. Found an old, old Cat wheel loader a few years ago that I could've had for a song if I could move it home from Kentucky. TDOT was willing to issue a permit, but KY would not unless I removed the wheels from the machine so it would've been legal height and only about 9' wide. At the time, I didn't have the means to do that so I had to leave it. Probably for the best...
Leave it to DOT to shoot holes in an otherwise prefectly good plan...

Reactions: 56FordGuy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts