Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,680 Posts
Just a little cash for me and my wife.

We're pretty much saving while we house shop. The kids got stuff from the grandparents, but we bought that pup a few months ago and that was their gift.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I also got the 18 Volt Milwaukee set (with LED light :yahoo:)

I gave my daughter my "old" 18 Volt Milwaulee drill and charger,,, she has had the driver at her new house for 4 months,,
now she does not have to visit to charge the battery,,, :lolol:

Also,,, this??

AND,,, LOTS of this,,,

NONE of this,,,, :dunno:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
House full of family and a damn good meal my wife made. :bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
House full of family and a damn good meal my wife made. :bigthumb:
Doesn't get much better than that!?

I got a nifty FitBit watch to track my steps, etc. I also got a Ryobi pole saw and chain saw for my One+ system. I bought my oldest a blower and the youngest a weed eater for the One+ system as well. They think they are hot stuff because they got power tools for Christmas!

Best gift is the tile my youngest son made for me, I am just thrilled with it:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451182510.697732.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
The usual ,a couple shirts, slippers, pj's, and a assortment of socks . DSCN2234.JPG

DSCN2233.JPG

Calendar, candy, peanuts , money.
DSCN2231.JPG

Wife and I had decided we weren't buying each other because of buying the Pioneer.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
A couple gifts that I'm excited about: My wife got me an iMatch hitch (well a note saying so, I have to pick it up, of course I said no problem) and a set of gearwrench flex head ratcheting open end wrenches. I'm really excited to have these given all the new Metric bolt heads in my life now. :good2: I have NO idea about the quality, but I'm sure they will work fine. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for the missing sizes, my luck says that will be the ones I need.

gearwrench.png

And of course the best one from my 7YO daughter. This year she was big into recycling objects and making her own gifts. 995 to go.
IMG_2149.JPG

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts
A Family dinner. :good2:
Although the plan was not to exchange gifts, my oldest brother (61 years old, has been blind for about 34 years) was here for dinner and gave us a card with a $50.00 bill in it. While he was not looking:lol: I put a $100.00 bill in the card we had gotten him, handed him the card and told him Merry Christmas.
To say the time together was good would be an understatement.

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
A couple gifts that I'm excited about: My wife got me an iMatch hitch (well a note saying so, I have to pick it up, of course I said no problem) and a set of gearwrench flex head ratcheting open end wrenches. I'm really excited to have these given all the new Metric bolt heads in my life now. :good2: I have NO idea about the quality, but I'm sure they will work fine. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for the missing sizes, my luck says that will be the ones I need.

View attachment 105065

And of course the best one from my 7YO daughter. This year she was big into recycling objects and making her own gifts. 995 to go.
View attachment 105073

I have a set of Sears flex head and have had no problems , I have a set of gearwrench not flex head and either the 1/2 or 7/16 has a stripped head. The Sears brand guessing 10 yrs old.

Love the daughters recycle gift. :bigthumb:

Although the plan was not to exchange gifts, my oldest brother (61 years old, has been blind for about 34 years) was here for dinner and gave us a card with a $50.00 bill in it. While he was not looking:lol: I put a $100.00 bill in the card we had gotten him, handed him the card and told him Merry Christmas.
Being with your brother ,, :bigthumb:. Oh he will be surprised ...:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,972 Posts

·
Administrator
20,684 Posts
Sometimes you can make it really difficult to call you a butthead. :thumbup1gif:

Rest assured I'll keep on doing it though. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts
Sometimes you can make it really difficult to call you a butthead. :thumbup1gif:

I'm still not buying your FEL off of Craigslist.

·
Administrator
20,684 Posts
I'm still not buying your FEL off of Craigslist.
Why not? It'll help with all that crap you're up to your knees in.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts

Read the highlighted parts again DS, he's still a butthead. Might just be brotherly love. :lol::bigthumb:

·
Administrator
20,684 Posts
Yup. I'd still call him a butthead with a grimaced face as I handed him a cold beer. :drinks:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Wife and I do not buy for each other, stopped doing that years ago. No family to speak of, and never had kids so we don't really celebrate Christmas with gifts. We have each other, don't really get into the religious thing so to us Christmas is just another day. We do wish others a Merry Christmas and I am sure if we had family or kids we would be celebrating with church and the gift thing. After loosing so many family members in a very short period of time (all within a ten year period) we decided it wasn't that much fun anymore so we stopped. We again this year celebrated with our Legion friends that also have no where to go nor anyone at home. We had a great time with them. I used to play Santa Clause for our nieces and nephews until my dad passed away on Christmas eve as I was on my way out to do the Santa thing, sort of puts a damper on being Santa. Our memories are more of deaths on holidays than merriment. But such is life. Mom the day after Thanksgiving too.
On a lighter side if we need something at any time during the year we either buy it or we buy it for the other. We do give thanks for one another and what we have even though we do not go to church. Our church is right here at home. To us Christmas is not about buying gifts but to look back and appreciate what we have accomplished and reminisce about the older days when we had family and all the things that made us laugh and appreciate family and friends, and lastly; hope that we go on together for a long time to come along with good health. Even Kitty Clause didn't come this year for our cats, they have enough toys!

1 - 20 of 335 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.