Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to the Wife last night and she has top soil being delivered and has 5 days to get through the learning curve of using the tractor so she can clear the rocks larger than 2 inch, and move the top soil and prep for the new lawn so they can hydroseed.

At this point she only plans to use the new rake for the rocks and spreading the topsoil. Before I left I showed her how to unhook the I Match hitch when I dropped the grader blade and when the rake was delivered the salesman showed her again when he attatched the rake. So she may switch out if she sees the rake will not get the results.

She has always done a good job in the past achieving anything she has decided to do so this will be interesting to see the results when it get home in Aug.

She doses pretty good for a city Girl from S Philly

She does not believe me that once the lawn has grown in and needs to be mowed regularly we will replace the lawn tractor with a finish mower towed behind the 3033R with air conditioned cab.

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
You might be underestimating her potentials. If she can survive childhood and young adulthood on the streets of South Philly, she surely can whip a tractor into shape, lol.
If she's from South Philly she can probably do anything!! My family originally hails from South Lambert Street in South Philadelphia about three generations ago.

The Italian section: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.922911,-75.180965,3a,75y,92.1h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfkK9nI5DL3-rYwkstCTthQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She sent me some pictures before and after. She did good after spending 5 hours trying to rake the rocks and trying to use the FEL. She asked me some questions on how I set the controls but didnt know how to engage the 4WD but pretty much had everything else right. She has not tried to use the cruise control. The top soil still has not been delivered yet. She got stuck once an just raised the rake and backed up. She is doing good.

I have been to the house she grew up in and she showed me her Dad's house but I have know idea where they are. Her dad was an Irish cop.

Growing up she wanted to live on a ranch in Montana, it is Wyoming and we almost have a ranch.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Seeing how my wife drives her minivan, I'm not sure I want her on the tractor. :banghead: She'll accelerate to within 150yds of a visibly red light with waiting traffic in front of her before lifting off the throttle, let alone touching the brakes. I've never seen her drive a manual either. I know she's done it, but it's been decades and wasn't ever her daily.

Sounds like yours is doing a fine job of things! :good2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Wife refuses to drive a standard, I tried to get her drive my last truck with a HO Cummins it was not pretty. She finally put it in low looked at me and said "there is enough pain on your face" and drove us home.

She is a good driver but a terrible passenger but getting better.

She has not complained about the range lever or the parking brake making her left hand hurt because of a plate in her wrist.
This tractor has an ehydro so she likes it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
I came home for a week and got a look at that work my Wife did spreading and leveling the topsoil for the lawn and She did a great job. :greentractorride:
What! No pictures? :munch:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts