Green Tractor Talk banner

These things only happen to me.......can you help?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  H-D dealer dude 
#1 ·
I have a LA 175 lawn tractor. When mowing the yard I noticed the rear tire was flat. I disengaged the mower and drove the tractor into the garage, removed the tire, installed a new tube, mounted the tire and wheel assembly and finally started the tractor. When I engaged the transmission to move forward there was no movement in forward or reverse and to top that when the tractor is running if I engage the mower the tractor immediately shuts down. I disconnected the belt that controls the deck blades, yet the engine continues to die when the switch is employed. Initially the problem was a flat tire and suddenly grown to numerous mechanical issues. Frustrated....any help would greatly be appreciated.

#3 ·
Take the tire back off , look around and see if there are any electric connectors or switches in the fender opening that you may have moved or touched.

Good luck.

#4 ·
Reactions: etcallhome
#9 ·
If that square key is missing from the axle/wheel the tractor will not move in either direction. Especially in a tractor without a rear locker. It's just like being stuck in snow or mud. One wheel spins & the other rear wheel does nothing.

Reactions: tj1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.