Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure many here can relate, I certainly do :thumbup1gif: Stay with the reporter for the full story or skip ahead to 1:15 for the local reaction that is priceless. The store has since reopened, and the community's upheaval and uncertainty has been restored with a new level of order and calm.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
I'm sure many here can relate, I certainly do :thumbup1gif: Stay with the reporter for the full story or skip ahead to 1:15 for the local reaction that is priceless. The store has since reopened, and the community's upheaval and uncertainty has been restored with a new level of order and calm.

Man, life's tough enough without some terrorist setting your doughnut shop on fire. I'm betting if General Lee had known the importance of doughnuts and coffee, all he would have had to do is capture the Dunk'n Doughnuts and everyone at Gettysburg would have surrendered. I'm glad they have their priorities straight though; at least they don't sit around staring at their telephone...or for that matter, their computer screen.

·
Super Moderator
5,093 Posts
Got a kick out of the guy with "I do all my legal work there. I meet with my lawyers....".

I wonder how many times he's robbed the place? :laugh:

But up here this wouldn't be an issue. If a DD burns down there is another one across the street.

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
That interview was from a local TV station, or at least local to me. They have a knack for finding some real winners to interview.

·
Premium Member
8,784 Posts
Let's see, you are likely a customer of the "Drunkin Donuts" in whatever that town was called if;

1. You are a felon and need to "meet with your lawyers often"......:banghead:

2. Your family tree apparently has NO BRANCHES.:dunno:

3. You are a police officer who's name is pronounced "Psycho" (priceless).:lol:

4. You are a 13 year old female pyromaniac.....On medication, recently.:flag_of_truce::flag_of_truce:

5. You don't like "Turkeyville Donuts" or whatever that one woman was saying.......:nunu::munch:

6. You can eat without your "teefers" like the last woman interviewed..........:thumbup1gif:

I could go on but I will stop..........maybe to return later.:lolol:

·
Premium Member
8,784 Posts
That interview was from a local TV station, or at least local to me. They have a knack for finding some real winners to interview.
Don, I KNOW you are a nice guy and I won't change my opinion of you based upon those who may live near you.......See my comment above. Of course, none of the items listed pertain to YOU..........:laugh::lol:

The opening shot of the reporter, all I could think of was it looked like she was posing for a mugshot. Overall, she did a fine job reporting, especially for a small town station. She does have a knack for developing the stories which impact the community......

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Don, I KNOW you are a nice guy and I won't change my opinion of you based upon those who may live near you.......See my comment above. Of course, none of the items listed pertain to YOU..........:laugh::lol:
Based on seeing the interview, it is plain to see that there is no shortage of doughnuts or other high calorie snacks in Shamokin. Neither intelligence nor teeth are required to be interviewed on local TV.

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
Shamokin is a typical Penna southeastern coal town that has dried up many years ago. When you drive through that area there are identical towns like that over and over.

The "clientele" of DD that was interviewed didn't surprise me at all. DD was likely the main hub of activity in that town.

It reminds me of a while back when travelling around the state I would sometimes venture into a MacDonalds. It seems every single one had a group of old guys taking up a couple tables who were there obviously as their daily meeting place. I always wondered why. Did these retired guys really have nothing better to do than to hang around at a MacDonalds for hours every day? When I thought more on it, I figured they were all married and that was all they were allowed to do going out on their own. Or they had to get away from mother every day for a while.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Let's see, you are likely a customer of the "Drunkin Donuts" in whatever that town was called if;

4. You are a 13 year old female pyromaniac.....On medication, recently.:flag_of_truce::flag_of_truce:

5. You don't like "Turkeyville Donuts" or whatever that one woman was saying.......:nunu::munch:

6. You can eat without your "teefers" like the last woman interviewed..........:thumbup1gif:

Man, they do the same here. If a tornado hits the golf course and a trailer park at the same time, they will go to the seediest part of the park they can find for an interview. "Yep, I heerd it a comin', it sounded like a freight train. Afore me and old blue could get mamma in the truck, it blowed my trailer house plumb away!"

·
Registered
572 Posts
Shamokin, PA. What are they Shamokin?

Shamokin, PA is apparently directly in the path of the Colorado jet stream. :danger:
Scientific evidence that you get the donut munchies from what they be a Shamokin.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Trying not to spit take my "cold coffee or whatever they call it" I'm sipping while I watched the video....

I'd be at a loss if my Dunkin closed too, they're not exactly on every corner here-but I would have the sense not to be local TV News fodder in my grief :hide:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Shamokin is a typical Penna southeastern coal town that has dried up many years ago. When you drive through that area there are identical towns like that over and over.

The "clientele" of DD that was interviewed didn't surprise me at all. DD was likely the main hub of activity in that town.

It reminds me of a while back when travelling around the state I would sometimes venture into a MacDonalds. It seems every single one had a group of old guys taking up a couple tables who were there obviously as their daily meeting place. I always wondered why. Did these retired guys really have nothing better to do than to hang around at a MacDonalds for hours every day? When I thought more on it, I figured they were all married and that was all they were allowed to do going out on their own. Or they had to get away from mother every day for a while.

^^^ That's funny Stan, I had the same observations growing up and traveling around eastern PA. I can attest that similar groups frequent the various McDonalds and DD down here in Virginia.

But now I understand that we ARE those guys. Rather than in a McDonalds, we hang out in GTT discussing tractors and such. :laugh:

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
^^^ That's funny Stan, I had the same observations growing up and traveling around eastern PA. I can attest that similar groups frequent the various McDonalds and DD down here in Virginia.

But now I understand that we ARE those guys. Rather than in a McDonalds, we hang out in GTT discussing tractors and such. :laugh:
Right you are Tom! Never thought of that but so true.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts

Around me the guys get together at Hardees. They show up at 8am and leave at noon and that is Monday through Friday.

·
Administrator
20,664 Posts
Around me the guys get together at Hardees. They show up at 8am and leave at noon and that is Monday through Friday.
What do you do after that? :unknown:

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I for one liked that "girl" without the teeth! She was very energetic with her interview!!!! Man oh man funny comments especially the Colorado jet stream remark! I am still laughing!!!! JimR bet he has robbed the place too! What the heck would he need lawyers for at that age and to meet them at DD's!! Way to weird..:lol: I don't eat anything from DD's. Around here the people they employ could probably be interviewed and you would see no difference from this video! You may want to know how I know about this,, I do the inspections and get to meet the employees and I swear they hire the same people Wal-Mart does! :laugh:

·
Registered
448 Posts

:lolol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts