Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They started today digging the footings and framing them. :yahoo: They will pour the footings tomorrow AM and then set the frames for the walls. I will not be back until Friday AM. That's when they will remove the frames from the walls then I get to start putting the stone down and back filling the trench. Looks like it's going to be a long day!

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
House? Barn? Garage? A large doghouse?:mocking:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all three. It's twice the size of the current house we are living in until the house is done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just my luck. 1.5 inchs of rain guess i'm not spreading the 21aa tomorrow morning.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm subscribed!:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif: I'm planning out a similar building for next spring.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what happens when you get lots of rain and build on clay. They could not even remove the forms. By the time they get to it Tuesday it will be full of water. I had to call off the 120 yards of 21aa because they would get stuck.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
This is what happens when you get lots of rain and build on clay. They could not even remove the forms. By the time they get to it Tuesday it will be full of water. I had to call off the 120 yards of 21aa because they would get stuck.
Look at it this way, It's good for the concrete. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Update 9-16-2015

It finally dried out enough for them to remove the forms and back fill the walls. The trusses got dropped of a week early. So now they are in the way.I hired a dozer for two days to move around the stone for the inside of the garage and the 3000 yards of dirt coming in for around the house. The carpenters will be out next week to frame and roof :yahoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

Well they finally are starting to frame today. Will post pictures tonight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice project so far! :good2: Same could be said for the house from the looks of it! All that brick looks nice and like it's a lot of work! If you care to share more pics of the house, I (and I'm sure others) would love to see those too!

I'm looking forward to the pictures and I'm gonna enjoy watching someone else work on building something for a change!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They did start but

Well the wind did us in today 20 to 25 mph winds with gust up to 40 so they only could build the side walls.
The brickers finished Thursday 28K bricks. It's the first full brick chimney they have done in 10 years. We are having a buck stove insert installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
10-7-15 update

Well they finally dropped off the sky trak today and made some progress on the garage.:yahoo:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
The brick looks fantastic, but didn't put on a metal roof? :unknown:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looking good. From the previous pictures it didn't look like it was going to be that big, but that is a good size barn! About 40' x 60' I'm guessing? That's a really tall roof on there too! Looks like a fun project, I can't wait to see some more pictures! :good2:

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
So far looking very nice, I'm with Randy ,,no metal roof on house. Oh well still both are looking great.:bigthumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts