Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Thanksgiving on the horizon I thought I'd take a moment to list a few of the things that I am most thankful for:

I'm thankful for my wife, lord knows she has put up with a lot over the years, but she's always been right by my side.
I'm thankful for my dad, 85 years young in a couple of months and still going strong.
I'm thankful for my girls, Miranda is 18 and thinks she is the center of the universe but she is a real sweetheart down deep inside. Emma, well, there's not enough time in a day for me to list the reasons that I am thankful for that little ray of sunshine, she has the biggest heart and shows more compassion for others than most of the adults I know.
I'm thankful for my in laws, my FIL has been a mentor to me for many years now and my MIL will always drop everything she is doing to lend a hand.

I would also like to give a special thanks to what has become my new extended family, Green Tractor Talk :thumbup1gif: not a day goes by that I haven't learned something on this site, and I've managed to make some real good friends along the way.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am thankful for my health, A great wife (sometimes), A roof over my head, Food in my belly, A great job finally after 35 years, A few "real" friends not just people I know that I call friends. My family that I just found a few years ago, I'm adopted I found them through Ancestry.com. I am thankful to have served the greatest country in the world and now help protect my community as a volunteer firefighter. God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving everyone

·
Corndog Hater
11,106 Posts
Great post Pat!:good2:

I'm so thankful for a healthy, happy family. Despite how crazy they can make me sometimes, I love them all dearly.:lol::good2:

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
With Thanksgiving on the horizon I thought I'd take a moment to list a few of the things that I am most thankful for:

I'm thankful for my wife, lord knows she has put up with a lot over the years, but she's always been right by my side.
I'm thankful for my dad, 85 years young in a couple of months and still going strong.
I'm thankful for my girls, Miranda is 18 and thinks she is the center of the universe but she is a real sweetheart down deep inside. Emma, well, there's not enough time in a day for me to list the reasons that I am thankful for that little ray of sunshine, she has the biggest heart and shows more compassion for others than most of the adults I know.
I'm thankful for my in laws, my FIL has been a mentor to me for many years now and my MIL will always drop everything she is doing to lend a hand.

I would also like to give a special thanks to what has become my new extended family, Green Tractor Talk :thumbup1gif: not a day goes by that I haven't learned something on this site, and I've managed to make some real good friends along the way.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL
Well said. With just a few minor changes I could have written that myself. My parents and in-laws have all passed, as have my brother and Sharon's brother, but we have many memories to be thankful for...including our six grand children, three of which have graduated college and have good careers ahead of them. I too, am thankful that at our age, we both are relatively healthy both mentally and physically.

I am also thankful for my two beautiful daughters, the youngest of which just turned 50 this Spring. May God Bless.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
i'm just thankful to be alive

my wife of almost 40 yrs this coming yr

the boys too--well there grown men now

my youngest boy who makes me nuts with his projects

my criters here at the house who keep me straight

the roof over my head, and decent food in it too.

all the drs who got me to this place in my life

happy thanksgiving to everyone

and a big thanks to all the ones who i aggravate on here(GTT):lol::good2:

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
I too am thankful for my wife who is my center although I don’t always make her feel that way. I am also thankful for the time I spend with my father even when “debating” and my mother in law who never ever debates with me but does keep me busy with projects which I enjoy. Also thankful both boys will be home tonight.:good2:

Thank you to all of you who help keep me sane and provide me both some laughs and teach me new things.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I’m thankful for my wonderful wife of 15 years. Our Awesome Son. Family and our health.

The rest is just icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
So many things we're thankful for but the most important is God our Father giving us a Savior so we can be saved. :pray:

I do have to say thank you GTT for tolerating me. :hi:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
So many things I’m thanking for, I’ll list just a few.

Wife- puts up with me for 30+ years.
2 wonderfully Daughters! who make me proud and 1 Son in Law and 1 to come I’m sure.
My job, but at End of my career 3 months to go after over 32 years, and so far have stayed safe and only been hurt a few times. Lost others so hopefully I’ll make it. :laugh:
Friends and family. Mom that’s still going strong at 82 years.

Could go on and on...I’m lucky

Thanks also you guys :cheers:

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I'm thankful that 26 years ago my first wife took off with a biker which allowed me to meet Mrs. P. a short time later. She has made me the totally awesome man that I am today.:laugh:
Thankful for the first responders who saved my house this summer from fire allowing me to host a family thanksgiving.
Thankful for the mods including DS for their thankless job they do here.
Thankful for the military and all volunteers who make our life better.
Thankful for the cow who gave me it's prime rib and the pig who donated part of it's butt to feed the incoming hoard!:yahoo:

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,281 Posts
Please keep politics in our politics forum. Thank you. :hi:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Thankful for an awful lot this year.
Thankful for my family, which woulndt be much without my wife, who puts up with an awful lot but always stands beside me, although she also props me up when things seem to get the best of me, an awful lot more than she knows.
Thankful for my kids, even the little guy who wasnt necessarily in the plans, but wouldnt trade him for the world! Thankful for his love of green tractors too! :laugh:
Thankful for good neighbors.
Thankful that, while Id honestly rather not, we are able to host Thanksgiving at our house again this year.
Thankful for the opportunity to attempt a career change to something Ive wanted to do for quite a while.
Thankful that while I have a very hard time making friends, Ive had a few, and while they are gone now, very thankful to have known them.
Thankful for the opportunity each day to make new friends.
Thankful for this forum, and everyone here. You guys are a great group, and for a guy like me that doesnt always say things the best way, that everyone seems to be pretty easy going!

I guess the easiest way to say it is that Im thankful to God every day that I wake up. Everything else is just a bonus, but Im sure glad to be around and have the people in my life that I do, and for the things I can share with others, both in knowledge and in my ability to help also.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thankfull

I am thankfull to be alive too, literally. I was reflecting today how bad I was and how far I’ve come since last thanksgiving. Thankfull, my wife and family stuck by me. Still having a rough time but no complaints. Thankfull for so much and have appreciation for things I took for granted in the past. Thankfull for GTT. Some I’ve met and others I’ve gotten to know on the forum. Last but not least, thankfull for having a tractor and all the enjoyment that goes with it.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
When I met my wife, we dated for 6 weeks and 12 weeks later we were married. That was 45 years ago this coming spring. Needless to say, I am very thankfull. We raised two beautiful children, our daughter being a CPA and our son, an 18 year veteran, Lieutenant, soon to be Commander of XXX police department. They turned out pretty good despite me. :laugh: Our children gave us 4 beautiful grandchildren that we are very proud of. I may not be good at anything, but I am the best Pappap that ever lived. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I am most thankful for my wife that led me to salvation. I almost lost her last year at this time. Been a heck of a year but here we are. Once you have the Lord in your life. . the rest ain't nothin but a thing.
You all have a great day. Be thankful everyday.
A special thanks and prayers to our military folks out there. Being away on holidays from family aint easy. Rock on.. We appreciate it!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
The best Mom and Dad anyone could ask for. I miss them both.
A wife, number two, who has put up with me for nearly forty years.
Two children.
Six grandchildren.
Dr Joe who pulled me through two heart attacks at age 42.
Dr D the cardiologist who repaired my heart over 33 years ago.
My faith in God that has brought me through countless situations along the way. (Thanks Ma)
My friends.
My friends here, most of whom I have never met.
The list is endless, however, I am also thankful for the young men and women who continue to volunteer for the greatest military in the world. Without these brave young Americans, where would we be?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts