Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at ordering some new toys, I mean work things. Looking at the Expanded piranha toothbar and the barracuda BH Thumb. I have some brush removal, and have to clean a lot of rocks out of a creek. I haven't used either before and wanted to see if anyone has, and what their thought are. The thumb seems like it would be a good idea, but don't know if it will get in the way of digging with the BH when it is in the storage position, or when putting it on the storage dolly I made.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
^^^^^^ What he said !!! ^^^^^^^

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looking at ordering some new toys, I mean work things. Looking at the Expanded piranha toothbar and the barracuda BH Thumb. I have some brush removal, and have to clean a lot of rocks out of a creek. I haven't used either before and wanted to see if anyone has, and what their thought are. The thumb seems like it would be a good idea, but don't know if it will get in the way of digging with the BH when it is in the storage position, or when putting it on the storage dolly I made.

Thanks
The Piranha bar is a great addition to your bucket. For brush clearing it is excellent!

The BH thumb is a very useful add-on to have. It's one of those tools that is the only thing that will do the job for certain tasks. It is perfect for plucking large rocks within its weight limits. Just don't expect to be plucking tree stumps straight out of the ground.

I have the thumb and find it does not interfere with digging or other functions of the BH. In fact. a few times I had forgotten I had a thumb installed with it being stored so well on the dipper stick!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have the tooth bar and it is as everyone has said...awesome! It's quality made and really improves the bucket. I've been looking at the backhoe thumb but haven't had the funds yet to purchase it. But I would imagine it is high quality just like the tooth bar. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I have the tooth bar and it is as everyone has said...awesome! It's quality made and really improves the bucket. I've been looking at the backhoe thumb but haven't had the funds yet to purchase it. But I would imagine it is high quality just like the tooth bar. :cheers:
I agree !!! Cool toy(tool) to have , but the cost and the need just haven't balanced out yet . :dunno: Maybe next year , oh yeah ... next year is tomorrow ... Yay !!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Jimmy, I have both and they both work great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all, going to order the toothbar this week, and probably the thumb later this year before I do some more clearing.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Thank you all, going to order the toothbar this week, and probably the thumb later this year before I do some more clearing.
You just ran out of time, it's now 2017. Happy new year! :lolol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts