Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did an oil and filter change on the 1025 this evening. Also replaced both air filters, and the fuel bowl filter. Need to pick up an inline filter tomorrow.

Anyway, I dumped the fuel from the bowl back into the tank with out realizing that there were parts still in it. I found the spring and was able to pluck it out. I think there was something else in there too, but no luck finding it in the tank.

Anyone know what I might have lost?

Feeling really dumb right now!!!! Be kind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
From JD Parts:

MP43819________UN04OCT10.jpg

M801108Fitting1
2CH17960Fitting1
3M806438Washer2
4AM882413Fuel Filter1
5CH10084Screw1
6CH10082Spring1
7CH10571Packing1
8M801101Filter Element1
9CH16888Spring1
10CH10060Packing1
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
11T111401Float1
12M802636Cap1
13CH10106Ring1
14......Hose1(CUT TO LENGTH), (MAKE FROM M154056)
15M131032Clamp2
16......Hose1(CUT TO LENGTH) (MAKE FROM M154056)
17TY22462Clamp2
1814M7396Lock Nut1M8
1919M7913Bolt1

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
It gives an indication of the water level in the fuel.
Any reason not to just order a new one from the dealer and run temporarily without the "float" assuming he can't fish it out of the tank?

I always thought it was just a spacer under the filter......

·
Administrator
20,477 Posts
Any reason not to just order a new one from the dealer and run temporarily without the "float" assuming he can't fish it out of the tank?

I always thought it was just a spacer under the filter......
I don't see any harm in that. :good2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ironic. I was giving my 1025 a shot of stanadyne and dropped the cap in the fuel tank.... ah' shat....
Good news, the cap floats. So . I filled the tank and jacked up the backend - bingo.

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Felt like a major dumb ass after. I need to get the in line filter so I will pick that float up too. Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Felt like a major dumb ass after. I need to get the in line filter so I will pick that float up too. Thanks all!!!

I've done much dumber stuff.

BUT, I am appalled that you dumped the sediment bowl fuel back in the tank. Diesel is expensive, but not THAT expensive. If there is anything nasty in the fuel (like sediment and water) that's where it'll be.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,738 Posts
You make it sound like it just beat my dog or something.
ROTFLMAO.gif That was funny.
Although arlen's statement does have a lot of merit.
Note:
The float on our 2320 is Red, looks like a thick plastic washer.
You can not make mistakes if you never do anything, I do a lot of things and make a lot of mistakes. Just Sayin!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts
I was surprised when I did my first time cleaning it. I thought it was dirt in the bottom. My 2210 didn't have anything in the bottom of the filter and didn't need it. So now I have to remind myself every time I look at it that it is a red thing in the bottom and not dirt. Somebody must have complained about the filter coming loose on the 2210's because they couldn't fit the filter on right so JD made it so you don't have to and the spring and float keeps it in place for those that don't put it in right. Another lawyer thing as this filter fits on just as good as the 2210's did. :unknown:

·
Registered
22,067 Posts
I've done much dumber stuff.

BUT, I am appalled that you dumped the sediment bowl fuel back in the tank. Diesel is expensive, but not THAT expensive. If there is anything nasty in the fuel (like sediment and water) that's where it'll be.
That was my first thought also. That bowl is a sediment bowl that has been catching stuff that you don't want further down line in your fuel system. It is also a water seperator. Why oh why would a person dump that dirty contaminated fuel back into the tank only to be hopefully caught in the bowl again?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
You make it sound like it just beat my dog or something.
Well it is a form of "animal abuse", it's a Deere, ain't it?:laugh:

Years ago I used to save small amounts of gasoline in a quart "Liquid Wrench" can. I'd drop the sediment bowls and totally upend the empty 5gal. cans and dump it right into the can so when I needed a small amout of gas for cleaning or such, there it was and I didn't need to raid the 5gal. clean cans.

I don't do it anymore since there are so many "squirt 'n soak" products out there that I just don't bother with the old fuel. (I won't tell you what I do with it as it involves NYS Department of Environmental Conservation and U.S. EPA rule violations.) FM! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Well it is a form of "animal abuse", it's a Deere, ain't it?:laugh:

Brlliant minds think alike...or fools seldom differ :unknown: ...But I immediately thought the same thing.

I don't do it anymore since there are so many "squirt 'n soak" products out there that I just don't bother with the old fuel. (I won't tell you what I do with it as it involves NYS Department of Environmental Conservation and U.S. EPA rule violations.) FM! :laugh:

Makes a pretty good fire starter...or cleaner dont it :lol:
just sayin...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I recently changed my fuel filter too (no didn't dump it back in the tank LOL) and found the red/orange thing and wondered what it was for too. It thought it was a gasket but it didn't fit properly anywhere. Ahhh - it's a float! Good to find this out - now I just have to remember where I put the thing.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
That darn new tractor "float thing"... :lol::laugh:

(quote a certain new owner in NY) "What the heck is all that s**t in the bottom of that filter sump? I never seen no s**t like that before... and the %!&*in' thing ain't but 1 day old! It's "RED JUNK", what the heck are they putting in diesel fuel these days that would leave crap like that in there...? AND... It's brand new for Gosh sake!!!"

Luckily (so's I didn't wind up asking about it out in the open) I found the answer in, of all the strangest places when I looked.... In the Owner's Manual! Huda thunkit?:laugh:

·
Premium Member
14,408 Posts
That darn new tractor "float thing"... :lol::laugh:

(quote a certain new owner in NY) "What the heck is all that s**t in the bottom of that filter sump? I never seen no s**t like that before... and the %!&*in' thing ain't but 1 day old! It's "RED JUNK", what the heck are they putting in diesel fuel these days that would leave crap like that in there...? AND... It's brand new for Gosh sake!!!"

Luckily (so's I didn't wind up asking about it out in the open) I found the answer in, of all the strangest places when I looked.... In the Owner's Manual! Huda thunkit?:laugh:
It is amazing ALL the GREAT INFO you can find ,not even reading ,,,,sometimes LOOKING at the PICTURES in the Owner's Manual :thumbup1gif:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts